Feb 15, 2020, 05:49 PM
Latitudes vs Attitudes
You probably know this, but use compressed air. It gives a more uniform pull with less things broken.-Just blow it into a gap at the edge...if you have to start the gap with tiny wood wedges.
Latest blog entry: Mark V Navy Seal SOC
to remove ads between posts
Feb 16, 2020, 04:53 PM
Thread OP
Thanks,Bob.

I just used 2 nylon wedge's and "pop". Now on to clean up and some wax.

And the plug is great.
Feb 16, 2020, 08:20 PM
Thread OP
All trim and first coat of waxed.
Will start the first part soon !
Feb 29, 2020, 08:33 PM
Thread OP
First part out of the new mold. Came in at 2 1/2 lbs. Is that good ?

Test fit motors ?
Mar 01, 2020, 01:41 AM
Looks good weight for chopped strand layup and no vacuum bagging.
25mm pumps?
They look around 25 to 30m to me?
I think you'll easily get scale performance+ with that setup.
It's much lighter than my last one which was 3D printed and it's bigger, so long as you can keep the deck and superstructure weight down then I'm sure you'll be fine. You can probably add more battery weight too. A lot of scale enthusiasts aren't into speed, if you want ultimate speed then you'd be looking into carbon fibre, vacuum bagging and/or infusion and a racing boat hull rather than a working boat hull. Often the real working boats are loaded down a lot with regulation safety gear which in your case can be spare watt hours of battery capacity instead if you want a scale waterline displacement.
Mar 01, 2020, 11:56 AM
Thread OP
28mm pumps.
Thanks
Mar 01, 2020, 06:57 PM
GET BACK IN THE SHOP!!!!!!
Plenty O power with twin KMB's. Try it with some extra weight during testing. I really like my scale jet boats heavy as the wake looks ultra realistic.

DH
Mar 01, 2020, 09:01 PM
Latitudes vs Attitudes
Yes-I'm sitting at 41" and 13 lbs... 2 KMBs 28s , plenty of power!
Mar 01, 2020, 09:36 PM
Thread OP
Started fitting the pump's. What a pain. The rear step in the hull needs to be a 1/2" shorter. But I built it to scale. my bad. So I needed to change the angle on the inlet.Looks like it will work? I also mounted the pump on the plan line. A little more fitting and then on to the other side and a water test with its load ? Also the area around the jet inlet needs to be thicker.

But the outlet almost looks like scale . +

Thanks for the input ,guy's !
Mar 02, 2020, 06:30 AM
Latitudes vs Attitudes
Yes I was sweating out the overhang also -you don't need as much room as you think The well engineered KMBs prettymuch set the clearance if the transom plate fits and the reverse bucket clevis ears will statically clear...mechanically it doesn't exceed those measurements when actuated.-and just use ball links for steering and you will be able to install and remove them with a short twist aided by a flat screw driver blade.
Mar 03, 2020, 11:28 PM
Thread OP
Inlets are cut in but still need some work. What a pain. Also started the balancing act. Well getting a idea ?
Still need the upper deck and stuff but ?

Also the water port I taped (yellow hose ) is it positive pressure or a return. Think its suction but don't know ?

And I'm still thinking about speed greats ? or something to stop large stiff from getting into the pump.
Mar 04, 2020, 05:58 AM
Latitudes vs Attitudes
I know that you know, but for other readers-Just to restate
-that nipple on the back of the KMB drives needs drilling out (don't nick the impeller) if it is to be used and it is a suction to overboard, not a pressure tap-there is a lot of controversy about it ...I use it and it works well.
Mar 05, 2020, 09:10 PM
Thread OP
New center stringer . Will cut it out and then fit.
Mar 09, 2020, 01:39 AM
Thread OP
All set in. And a float test with 10 Lbs. to get to stock ride level ? That's a lot of LBS to get to ride level ?
Mar 09, 2020, 06:50 AM
Latitudes vs Attitudes
Like was mentioned above-my twin jet 43 incher topped out at 13lbs and a PBR is a lot wider-options for lots of batteries...

BTW...very impressive glass work.

Quick Reply