Dec 04, 2019, 04:05 PM
Thread OP
Question

Looking for indoor buggy

Hey guys,
I am looking for an indoor buggy - preferably something around the 1/24 scale. The scale is not super important, but it should fit those criteria:
  • It should be able to transition from my wooden floor on to a carpet (that's why I want it to be a buggy)
  • I have a DSM 2 capable Spektrum TX which I would really like to use - so no need for the car to include a TX
  • Brushless
  • Sturdy - I want to be able to build a track with jumps and not worry about it breaking
  • LiPo powered
  • 4WD
  • Price should be under $250

Nice to haves:
  • I have plenty of 2S 300mAh LiPo's - would be great if the car would fit those
  • Kit - I enjoy building...
  • If the base parts are mostly plastic, metal upgrade parts would be awesome

I am also willing to build from scratch, so if you have any builds in mind that would fit my criteria, please link them.

Thanks in advance,
Chris
to remove ads between posts
Dec 04, 2019, 06:11 PM
Low budget fun
Buggy kit is hard to find in this scale. It's either RTR like Carisma GT24, WLtoys A series 1/24 like A212 or Mini-Z Buggy.

But if speed isn't your main thing and just want something fun to drive around in your house with good ground clearance then take a look at Tamiya Lunchbox Mini
TAMIYA LUNCH BOX MINI (SW-01 CHASSIS) 1/24 コミカルウイリー ランチボックスミニ (2 min 21 sec)

If you don't mind it being a bit small, take a look at WLtoys P929, the monster truck model of WLtoys 1/28 series. It's RTR but you'll have to rebuild the whole car to make it run well. Also stock transmitter is pretty bad so you'll have to use your own anyway.
Last edited by Beaver_XT; Dec 04, 2019 at 06:17 PM.
Dec 08, 2019, 07:32 PM
Thread OP
Thank you for your recommendations. The lunchbox mini looks really fun - maybe I'll get that one.
Dec 13, 2019, 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stylesuxx
Thank you for your recommendations. The lunchbox mini looks really fun - maybe I'll get that one.
Tamiya's released a few minis that look fun.
I like Tamiya, pretty much only RC cars I've bought other than a Slash when they came out.
Jan 18, 2020, 03:52 PM

the gt24b kit is the way to go

they make a build kit i am getting ready to get myself i would totally recommend; you will out run your cats/dogs with that thing; very up-gradable, parts support, soon to be restocked with the RTR version and i couldnt wait(spoke with ivan carisma, the owner of the company) till this spring.
Jan 20, 2020, 02:38 AM
Check out BG1511 from Subotech.
Currently it's about US$35 on eBay in Australia.
Feb 01, 2020, 06:30 PM
When will they be restocked ? Ready to buy kit but wouldn’t mind a rtr instead.

Quick Reply