Dec 04, 2019, 08:15 AM
Quad Erat Demonstrandum
Thread OP
Discussion

Eachine Mini F22 Raptor EPP 260mm Wingspan 2.4G 4CH 6-Axis Gyro RC Airplane Trainer W

https://www.banggood.com/custlink/vDm3ANcIjm

Following on from the previous P-51 we have another gyro stabilised micro plane from Eachine/Volantex, this time the USAF F- 22. Things are a little different this time with a direct drive pusher prop ( micro edf at this price point is a little too much to ask i think ) and a removal of the rudder in favour of a locked twin elevator ( the two servos control an elevator each but cannot be controlled independently FSSR )

Some quick "Tricks"

OPENTX/DEVIATIONTX : With the latest version of the software and the latest MultiProtocolModule firmware you can control these planes. Protocol V761, they are 6 channel boards with CH5 being Gyro mode/sensitivity. This gives a MUCH finer control IMO

Reversing Aileron or Elevator Direction : BEFORE arming (connect battery but do not throttle up to arm ) Move the Elevator/Aileron stick to the maximum and hold it for 2-3 seconds. The Transmitter will BEEP and the Elevator/Aileron will Twitch. You have now reversed Aileron/Elevator direction.

Taileron Control : Remove the aileron servo plug ( and Servo for that matter ) This will start the board in Taileron control, WHY ? you ask , well , removing the Aileron servo and its linkages will make the plane a few grams lighter increasing performance and Taileron control is more than enough for a tiny little stabilized plane imo, ALSO you can install this board in a FLYING WING and have Elevon control or install it any Chuck Glider, Guillows, MinimRC.... etc etc.

Brushless Motor : Working on this one : There is a possibility that you can simply plug a Brushless ESC into the servo port and using a programmable TX swap the Aileron and throttle channels giving you Brushless power. I am however (collaborating with a genius) working on a way to tap the original Brushed motor sig to control a Brushless ESC which would let you still run Ailerons/Elevator/Rudder etc.

As always everything starts with the box. The F-22 arrived in a simple Airmail bag and there was no real damage during shipping. img]https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showatt.php?attachmentid=13040435[/img]

The user manual was the first thing in the box, it is the now standard 'printed' manual and is in English. The manual contains the main functions with some diagrams for the Transmitters switch and button. Even though there isnt anything of extreme importance ALWAYS READ THE MANUAL.

The main contents as you can see are securely packed and everything arrived in PERFECT condition. The F-22 is held in place by a polystyrene and tape. The accessories are stored in one of the polystyrene pockets and the Transmitter is stored below keeping the transmitters gimbals and switches away from the F-22's foam.

A small screwdriver is supplied for attaching the landing gear..............or taking them off, your choice.

The ubiquitous spare prop. Two props should be more than enough to last you "A while" and spares are arriving quick quickly lately.

A simple USB charger is provided, it takes approx 25-30 minutes to recharge from "spent" and as most of us have a variety of chargers the wait time isnt too bad. (Personally i use an Ultra Power UP S6AC because it charge up to 6 at once and i know mine is ACCURATE. The URUAV 6in1 looks to be pretty cool and anything with ISDT on it is well worth the investment.

A nice simple set of wheels................

The stock transmitter is more than capable of

Description:
Brand Name: Eachine
Item Name: Mini F22 Raptor
Version: RTF Gyro (Ready to fly with gyroscope)
Material: EPP
Wingspan: 260 mm (10.24 inches)
Length: 336 mm (14.17 inches)
Motor: 10mm coreless motor
Receiver: 2 in 1 integrated board
Servo: 2g plastic gear *3
Propeller: 2510
Battery: 1S 3.7V 360mAh LiPo
Flight Time: 14mins
Charging Time: 2.5 hours
Flying Weight: 60g
Package Weight: About 750g
Package Size (length x width x height): 37.5 x 12.5 x 29cm
Last edited by scousethief; Jan 24, 2020 at 02:08 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 04, 2019, 08:57 AM
Cool, but with just 260mm wingspan I guess you'll need to throttle it quite a bit to keep it afloat
Last edited by Pixelpeter; Dec 04, 2019 at 09:01 PM. Reason: spelling
Dec 04, 2019, 09:15 AM
s15
s15
I took the gamble. I still want the su jet from hobby king. There p51was a hit so I’m sure this is just as good.
Last edited by s15; Dec 04, 2019 at 09:44 AM.
Dec 04, 2019, 09:58 AM
Quad Erat Demonstrandum
Thread OP
There were some foam chuck gliders from ArtTech....HobbyKing etc the X-Jets i think , an F-16, F-18 and F-22 , the f-22 had a 310mm wingspan , and those were converted to powered flight successfully, some were even micro EDF which were amazing conversions. The FC will help with stability on these so they should fly relatively well as long as the wing loading is kept low. I still have the X-22 in the attic i think, maybe an X-18 as well.

Dec 06, 2019, 07:16 AM
Radio looks a lot like a Volantex one, but so far didn't see a Volantex mini F22

Haven't got anything like this, so might be interesting ....
Dec 06, 2019, 10:32 AM
Quad Erat Demonstrandum
Thread OP
Hopefully it will fly quite nicely, the next thing is to get the protocol for Deviation/OpenTX
Dec 22, 2019, 02:46 PM
s15
s15
So I just got mine this morning. Out of curiosity the rx looks like the volantex trainerstar. It bounded up with no issues And it works both ways from both planes I have. So what ever volantex use it should work. I’m tempted to fly this
Dec 22, 2019, 03:14 PM
Please give in to the temptation! I can hardly wait for a flight report.

Rick
Dec 22, 2019, 07:14 PM
s15
s15
Here is a size reference
Dec 24, 2019, 10:33 PM
s15
s15
Here’s a video. Not My review

Eachine - Mini F22 RTF Airplane - Unbox, Setup, Maiden (56 min 18 sec)
Dec 26, 2019, 03:03 PM
Am I cursed or what! I got my F22 today. On take off of the maiden flight I pulled up on the elevator, the prop struck the ground, and a blade broke off. ...and there's no spare prop anywhere in the box.

Does anybody have a suggestion for a proper replacement prop? I see 65mm props on eBay, but they're the same narrow ones I have for my Parrot Minidrones. I might give a Parrot prop a try, though.

Rick

The Parrot prop worked after I drilled the hole through. Of course, I lost the first one and had to drill another.
Last edited by Ricomon; Dec 26, 2019 at 05:55 PM. Reason: Added findings
Dec 26, 2019, 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by s15
Here’s a video. Not My review
That might have to be my next plane. Looks like a toy, flies like a pro. I love how even the good planes keep getting smaller and smaller.

Of course, all I can think of is how to get a FPV camera on there but it does look great in LOS.
Dec 26, 2019, 09:58 PM
s15
s15
That ale binding issue is there but a small bend will clear the body. If you haven’t done it yet you should. I flew mine today and in some wind it was ok. Maybe it’s just me but if the wind catches it on it’s side mine goes into full alpha then becomes unresponsive to corrections for a few seconds.

A multi module would do great if I can put in some expo, my flights was really twitchy.
Dec 27, 2019, 06:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldman2020
Gemfan makes a 2510 prop that will work on it
GWS makes a 2508 prop
Thanks for the info! For those who can see such details in flight, the Gemfan props come in a transparent blue that might disappear against the sky. ...and a transparent grey for overcast days.

The props are made for 1mm or 1.5mm shafts, but the motor shaft is 1.2mm, so we're still going to have to drill out the prop.

Rick
Dec 27, 2019, 05:29 PM
I truly am cursed! A minute into the third flight, my aileron servo stopped working, and the motor slowed down. Luckily, it was in a gentle turn and landed safely in the neighbor's yard. I opened up the plane and removed the servo. When I plug in the battery, the servo gets hot. ...REALLY hot!

I'm not sure which servo to get. This 2.5g servo is about the right size, but it requires 4.8-6V, while this 1.7g servo is a tad smaller than stock, but these both have the right plug. I was leaning toward the 1.7g, but the stock one only lasted three flights.

...or I could just wait for Banggood to sell replacement parts.

On the bright side, I'm in no hurry for the props.

Rick

Quick Reply