Dec 14, 2019, 01:25 PM

Needed New 1st Plane..

OK,need to pull the trigger before the sale ends. choices are Aero Scout or Valiant. both planes got great reviews and would like to buy 1 of the. let's hear it. thanks guys! mike.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 14, 2019, 06:19 PM
Sure, I can fly after sunset!?
I own a Valiant. Iíve flown an Aeroscout.

Iíd rather have the Aeroscout.

In my opinion, the Valiant is not a beginner plane.

The Aeroscout is a great beginner plane that a beginner can fly in quite a bit of wind.

Both are great planes.

Also, the Valiant costs less and can be equipped with floats.
Dec 14, 2019, 08:07 PM
I got an AeroScout for my then 4yr old grandson a couple of months ago. He has 16 flights on it now. (#10 flight was on his birthday). He is 5 now and the youngest member of the club. The plane is, in my opinion, is the ideal trainer. I would and have recommended this airplane for the beginner
Dec 14, 2019, 08:51 PM
Thread OP
And that’s why we market the AeroScout as “The Perfect Trainer” (and value because it’s a steal at $199.99 for the RTF version!)

That said, it’s also MUCH more than just a trainer! It’s extremely capable and is a lot of fun to fly...even for an experienced pilot! I recommend it to first-time (the RTF version in particular) and long-time (the BNF Basic version in particular) pilots alike, and this video shows why:

Flight Talk: HobbyZone® AeroScout S...more than just an amazing trainer! (13 min 48 sec)
Dec 15, 2019, 08:16 PM
thanks to all that replied. i was on the fence and went with the valiant. i watched a bunch of videos and they were both very good planes. i flew some years
ago so i have some of the basics. yes that little pusher pane is really cool and fly's great! i just thought that the Valiant i could grow with just a little more with down the road. i have 2 really great radios (aurora 9 and a JR XS 9303) so i have a bunch of adjustments i can play with to tone down the plane and my limits. guess we will see.. thank you Jason and HH for all you do for the R/C folks out there. mike.
Last edited by Nitro Burner; Dec 15, 2019 at 08:22 PM. Reason: add things.
Dec 15, 2019, 08:23 PM
delete
Last edited by Nitro Burner; Dec 15, 2019 at 08:24 PM. Reason: double post
Dec 15, 2019, 10:22 PM
pull up -- PULL UP!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ooOoo
It will be very difficult for any new UMX offering to top the success of the UMX Timber. That plane is UMX perfection!
Yep, the UMX Timber has all the good stuff. Flaps, ailerons, 2S power, SAFE. Now imagine all those parts on a properly upsized UMX Radian II.
Dec 15, 2019, 10:26 PM
Fly Planes, Be Happy 😜
Quote:
Originally Posted by hard line
Yep, the UMX Timber has all the good stuff. Flaps, ailerons, 2S power, SAFE. Now imagine all those parts on a properly upsized UMX Radian II.
Should they include the tundra tires on the UMX Radian II?
Dec 17, 2019, 09:56 PM
My 150S arrived!!!! =D
Dec 18, 2019, 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason M
And thatís why we market the AeroScout as ďThe Perfect TrainerĒ (and value because itís a steal at $199.99 for the RTF version!)

That said, itís also MUCH more than just a trainer! Itís extremely capable and is a lot of fun to fly...even for an experienced pilot! I recommend it to first-time (the RTF version in particular) and long-time (the BNF Basic version in particular) pilots alike, and this video shows why:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eHA49Q...ature=youtu.be
Iíll second that. I was out flying a month or so ago and a new flyer showed up at our field. Said he was learning and had this plane. He took off and appeared to be doing fine with his flying. But, he started to get into trouble and asked me to take over. I did with the obligatory, Iím not responsible if I crash it. It flew very nicely and landed beautifully. I didnít fly long, just enough to get it landed but liked the plane.
Dec 18, 2019, 09:36 AM
Look what arrived yesterday! Lots bigger than I was expecting. Seems very well made for $125 too!
Dec 19, 2019, 06:33 AM
Build a scale plane already!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panhead5496
Look what arrived yesterday! Lots bigger than I was expecting. Seems very well made for $125 too!
LOL, I can do so much with that set up

, so it's bigger than 22" like it said it was?

Quick Reply