This thread is privately moderated by lgs, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Dec 02, 2019, 06:34 PM
lgs
Trader Rating: 42
lgs
Larry
Thread OP
$1,500.00 USD
Buyer pays shipping
For Sale

PIKE Perfection SL F3J and F5J setup

Up for sale is my Pike Perfection SL In both a F3J setup and F5J setup. I am selling because the FAA has reduced our alti limits to a ridiculous 200 feet.

F3J. 57oz ready to fly, elev, rudd have JR DS390HV servos, MKS 6100HV for ailerons, MKS6625 minis for flaps. Wing servos are in ball bearing plastic frames. Fuse has a Leonard Reed slip on skeg which is removeable. Comes with protective covers for wings, stab, vertical, and fuse.

F5J 59oz AUW or RTF weight. Electric fuse with MKS6100 for elev, Rudd. Wings have MKS6100HV for ailerons, MKS6625 minis for flaps mounted in plastic ball bearing frames. Motor is a brand new Powerline Micro 1025/F5J with a castle creations 50amp ice lite esc.. Comes with protective covers for wings, stab, vertical and fuse.

Asking $1699 1500, I accept Cash or Paypal, I will ship in a SUSA box at buyers expense. FedEx to East Coast is around $85, Local PU preferred.

See Eritter post listed below for lots more detailed photos , only change is the brand new motor I installed.

Damage.
1- Small crack at fuselage canopy on left side under orange stripe, repaired with a piece of carbon on the inside of the fuse. It is purely a cosmetic thing in my opinion.
2-Left flap horn had pulled out of glue joint. It was repaired/epoxied back in place.
Other than what I have mentioned there is no other damage no dings/dents scratches and in excellent shape.

PM will get the fastest response. Thanks for looking
Last edited by lgs; Yesterday at 11:51 AM. Reason: Price Drop
to remove ads between posts
Dec 04, 2019, 12:45 PM
lgs
lgs
Larry
Thread OP
Price Drop
Dec 07, 2019, 01:45 PM
Trader Rating: 88
Thermal Junkie
I just heard about the 200' limit at SEFSD - Unbelievable...

This is a beautiful bird! Good luck with the sale!

-- Warren
AMA 19909
LSF 8170
Dec 07, 2019, 04:03 PM
lgs
lgs
Larry
Thread OP
Please tell your friends about my Pike... It is a fantastic plane with both fuses.
Dec 07, 2019, 04:34 PM
Trader Rating: 88
Thermal Junkie
Quote:
Originally Posted by lgs
Please tell your friends about my Pike... It is a fantastic plane with both fuses.
Absolutely will!

-- Warren
AMA 19909
LSF 8170
Dec 07, 2019, 05:10 PM
Trader Rating: 233
Old newb
Fly with it with the Gulls and forget about batteries......

I have a half dozen F3 gliders already hence I can not take it.

Or over at Black Mountain.

Will and way can be the same!
Dec 07, 2019, 05:13 PM
lgs
lgs
Larry
Thread OP
Though I am a member of the Gulls, I am chicken to throw a piece of art off a 400 foot cliff.
Dec 08, 2019, 07:53 PM
Trader Rating: 0
GLWS! If I had the money I would buy it. If that ever becomes the law here South Louisiana.... well lets just say if some FAA smuck would come out to our field and say you can only go up 200 feet.... it would not be a good day for all involved.

At 200 ft not even pattern planes can fly the aresti pattern.... 200 feet seems awe-fully low.
Dec 08, 2019, 10:50 PM
lgs
lgs
Larry
Thread OP
An FAA guy actually did come to our field and told us that any plane did did not post our FAA numbers would be fined.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasperwing
GLWS! If I had the money I would buy it. If that ever becomes the law here South Louisiana.... well lets just say if some FAA smuck would come out to our field and say you can only go up 200 feet.... it would not be a good day for all involved.

At 200 ft not even pattern planes can fly the aresti pattern.... 200 feet seems awe-fully low.
Dec 09, 2019, 12:13 PM
Trader Rating: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by lgs
An FAA guy actually did come to our field and told us that any plane did did not post our FAA numbers would be fined.
again, i am so sorry you are having this problem. Personally I have no problem with the requirement to have FAA numbers on the plane. What I do find abhorrent is the restriction to 200ft. That makes it illegal to fly many forms of RC. IMAC competitions and Pattern Competitions, F5j, and F3j , ALL JETS,..... even my $100.00 calypso!!! I had it over 200 feet just this weekend. That said, please include links that we may learn about this and fight it. I would not abide in a 200 ft ceiling... period. To do so would end flying RC for all intents and purposes. I will not go back to racing/ running rc cars/trucks. If the FAA would enforce such draconian restrictions, then they will have to some how compensate folks that have spent many thousands of dollars.

I am not saying these things to raise doubt about your sale. No, on the contrary, that is an awesome deal. And yes you are certainly free and encouraged to sell any item for any or no reason. What I am doing my best to do..... is to address a 200 ft ceiling on RC flight. FOLKS WE MUST FIGHT THIS!
Yesterday, 10:34 PM
Trader Rating: 20
Question, is this Perfection still for sale or is this changed to an altitude limitation discussion?

Thanks as I am interested in the plane.....
Yesterday, 10:49 PM
lgs
lgs
Larry
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by crobinett
Question, is this Perfection still for sale or is this changed to an altitude limitation discussion?

Thanks as I am interested in the plane.....
Yes the Pike is still for sale.

Quick Reply