Dec 01, 2019, 09:19 PM
Thread OP
Build Log

1/4 Scale F-21 aka KFIR

Welcome to my 1/4 scale F-21 build! Truth be told I never thought I would build something of this size. However, after I finished my little kfir my buddy Corsair Nut and I began taking about his huge T38 and low and behold the question came up "What about a big KFIR?" After lots of discussions and running of numbers to see if it's even feasible we decided to proceed with the project. Brent has been a huge help in this collaboration, he made most of the main templates! The plan is to carve out from foam and fiberglass it in similar fashion to CN's T-38. Even the wings will be carved, I don't have the capability to hotwire wings this big especially with the high sweep angle and the L.E. cuff. By the way he's going to build one as well so hopefully there will be 2 flying when everything is done! I love to scratch build and this project alone with my others will be interesting and fun. I will try to update as often as possible and post lots of pictures. In the meantime please enjoy the ride!
to remove ads between posts
Dec 01, 2019, 09:21 PM
Foam addict
Very interesting project!
Any ideas about power?
Dec 01, 2019, 09:50 PM
WOW!
I am also curious of the power.
Dec 01, 2019, 10:19 PM
Thread OP
It will be a little different, its going to be a twin edf. I have 2 XPS DYNAMAX fans that will be run on 12/14s per fan. Each intake will feed 1 fan and the current plan is to use a bifurcated tailpipe. We're shooting for a weight in the 35lb area. With the current fans I should be looking at roughly 30lbs of thrust but I won't know for sure until they're installed.
Dec 01, 2019, 10:51 PM
Classic jets rule
Great start Justin, ill be watching, between you and corsair nut i am sure you guys will succeed. I recall a few years ago Tam put two fans into one exhaust to fly a huge T-45 Hawk i think it was.
Dec 01, 2019, 10:59 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIR SALLY
Great start Justin, ill be watching, between you and corsair nut i am sure you guys will succeed. I recall a few years ago Tam put two fans into one exhaust to fly a huge T-45 Hawk i think it was.
Thanks Roger! Its actually quite a bit farther along but I still need to add more pics. I saw the video of Tam's hawk, looks like it flew pretty well!
Dec 01, 2019, 11:04 PM
Dont forget the velcro straps
Yasssss cant wait to see this one done! Youve done a awesome job so far! I need to make more progress on mine
Dec 01, 2019, 11:07 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by corsair nut
Yasssss cant wait to see this one done! Youve done a awesome job so far! I need to make more progress on mine
Thanks man and thanks for all the help! Cant wait to see these monsters in formation!!!
Dec 02, 2019, 12:42 AM
Thread OP
This is the scheme I'm likely going to use. I picked up a 1/48 plastic model to use for profiles and panel line detail, I saw this scheme and loved it!
Dec 02, 2019, 11:37 AM
Dont forget the velcro straps
Nailed that shape!!
Dec 02, 2019, 11:45 AM
Thread OP
Thanks dude! It took several days just to get it right but was so worth it!
Dec 02, 2019, 11:51 AM
Excellent work Justin!
Great subject.
Dec 02, 2019, 12:26 PM
Classic jets rule
So are you going to try and do the fuse ala John Morgan and George Miller IE...glass the foam then cut and peel the glass off and reseam it ?
Dec 02, 2019, 12:27 PM
Pro Hoarder
Cool project..will you just hallow it all out or is this a plug? Roger you just beat me to it
Latest blog entry: In flight

Quick Reply