Dec 01, 2019, 05:31 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Engine identification

My husband had this engine. I know it's a Glo Fuel engine for maybe quarter scale RC plane. Can anyone tell me what it is. It has OB ++ V W2 44 ZN 18 stamped on the side. it says Walbro on the carb. I have pictures but I cannot find a way to attach them. Thanks for the help.
Last edited by JASOKS; Dec 01, 2019 at 06:55 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 01, 2019, 06:01 PM
///////
To post pictures:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/faq....b3_attachments
"Walbro" makes carbs. for small gasoline engines!
Dec 01, 2019, 06:56 PM
Thread OP
thank you for the help!
Dec 01, 2019, 10:14 PM
This is a converted industrial engine, the crankcase appears to be specially made for it (or adapted) but the cylinder head is probably from a garden tool.
It looks similar to a McCulloch 42cc but the writing - 44 may indicate the capacity (44cc) and ZN often denotes Zenoah.
It uses a glow plug adapter for a 14mm spark plug, it could be an OS G5 (gas) glow plug or maybe it was converted to alcohol glow.
Dec 01, 2019, 11:05 PM
Red and yellow paint on the head was A+M engine's trade mark, this one is a 3.2 I believe. A+M used Sach Dolmar parts.
Last edited by Solomaster; Dec 01, 2019 at 11:23 PM. Reason: add
Dec 01, 2019, 11:22 PM
AMA 46133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomaster
Red and yellow paint on the head was A+M engine's trade mark, this one is a 3.2 I believe.
Kind of remind me of my Sachs 3.2. This engine is missing the ignition sensor ring in the front for the gasoline version. You can still see the bell crank and linkage from the carburetor for the ignition advance. I think it is a Mahle cylinder. The glow plug and adapter will explain why no ignition sensor is there. Could be a Walbro carburetor converted to run methanol fuel with a glow plug.
Dec 02, 2019, 01:53 AM
[QUOTE=Solomaster;43286221]Red and yellow paint on the head was A+M engine's trade mark, this one is a 3.2 I believe. A+M used Sach Dolmar parts.[/QUOTE ]

A+M?
Sometimes you learn something new on this forum...
Dec 02, 2019, 10:58 AM
A+M made Sachs Dolmar conversion engines, they gained notoriety when they were flown on some of the T.O.C. planes in the '80's. When A+M started manufacturing their own crankshafts, conrods and crankcase's, crankshaft and conrod failure was common, A+M went "under", sold out to Brison, who fixed the problem and their engine's are easily distinguished by their blue anodized crankcase's. If you look in the classified engine's, there are two new C-H electronic mechanical-advance ignition systems from A+M for sale.
Dec 02, 2019, 10:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomaster
A+M made Sachs Dolmar conversion engines, they gained notoriety when they were flown on some of the T.O.C. planes in the '80's. When A+M started manufacturing their own crankshafts, conrods and crankcase's, crankshaft and conrod failure was common, A+M went "under", sold out to Brison, who fixed the problem and their engine's are easily distinguished by their blue anodized crankcase's. If you look in the classified engine's, there are two new C-H electronic mechanical-advance ignition systems from A+M for sale.
Very good info, thanks ...

Quick Reply