This thread is privately moderated by mlilasic, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Dec 01, 2019, 04:57 PM
FPV addict
Thread OP
Mini-Review

Review of HOBBYMATE Speed H6 Lipo Charger 700W DC / 200W AC, Fast Balance Charger

Review of HOBBYMATE Speed H6 Lipo Charger 700W DC / 200W AC, Fast Balance Charger

After almost 200 charges from my D6 DUO PRO without any issues

I got small in size but powerful HOBBYMATE SPEED H6 AC/DC Smart Charger.
The dimension are only 108x67x60mm, and it weighs only 400g.

Charger look great in black and first thing I found out that touch sensitive buttons work perfect, much better and easier to use than scroll and press wheel which D6 has.

Dual power supply capability is great feature because you can use the charger ant home and at field:

Built in tools function which enable users to check servos pulse, pwm / sbus signal output:

Specifications
Input Voltage: AC100-240V/ DC6.5-30V
Charging Power: DC:700W @ input voltage>24V / AC:200W
Regenerative Discharge Power Capacity: 700W
Discharge Power: Internal Discharge: 30W (balance port 10W)
External Discharge: 700W
Charge Current: 0.1-26A
Balance Current: 2000mA
Discharge Current: 0.1-5A
USB Output: 5V/2.1A
Operating temperature: 0-40℃
Dimensions:108*67*60mm

Support Battery Type
LiHV/Lipo/LiFe/Lilon/Lixx:1-6s
Nizn/NiCd/NiMH:1-14s
Smart battery: 1-6s
Lead Acid(pb):1-12s
Eneloop: 1-14s

Weight:

[/LIST]

In the box:

1* HOBBYMATE SPEED H6 AC/DC Smart Charger
1* Power Cord
1* Manual

Pros & Cons:

PROS:
  • Super fast startup (1 second)
  • Auto detecting lipo cells (Auto detection of cell count)
  • Really portable
  • Full featured
  • Light and Small size
  • Modern design
  • Bright 2.4" IPS display makes operation clear and simple.
  • Intuitive UI
  • Built in fan
  • Internal cell resistance calculation
  • Minimum input voltage settings - super useful if you charge batteries of a bigger Lipo in field (to protect it from over-discharge)
  • Safety features: internal resistance detection, short circuit protection, over load protection, over voltage protection, over temperature protection, over current protection

CONS:
  • I cant really find any. Did not find any bugs or issues in usage so far.

CONCLUSION:
I think HOBBYMATE SPEED H6 AC/DC Smart Charger has great features/price ratio and has more than enough features and capabilities. It fits perfect into my backpack with my mini-quads for field charging but will also serve great as full featured home charger because its high power capabilities. I really can highly recommend this charger.

also, I would like to point out 3 great features:
  1. Dual input voltage -AC is great for using at home, DC is great for using it at field, so its great we have this dual input option

2. You can set "Minimum input voltage settings" from 6.5V to 27V

in increments of 0.5V, to protect lipo on INPUT connector from over-discharge if you are charging in the field. For example, I have few big 5000mAh 3S Lipos which I will use as field power source, so I will set "Minimum input voltage settings" to 3x3.3V=10V

3. Internal cell resistance calculation which will give you rough estimation of health of each cell in yours Lipo pack.

Grab yours HOBBYMATE Speed H6 Lipo Smart Charger HERE
Last edited by mlilasic; Dec 01, 2019 at 05:24 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 01, 2019, 05:04 PM
FPV addict
Thread OP

Main screen and charger settings

Main screen and charger settings
Dec 01, 2019, 05:06 PM
FPV addict
Thread OP

Modes

Modes
Dec 01, 2019, 05:09 PM
FPV addict
Thread OP

Discharge mode

Discharge mode
Dec 01, 2019, 05:10 PM
FPV addict
Thread OP

Storage mode

Storage mode
Dec 01, 2019, 05:12 PM
FPV addict
Thread OP

Multimeter measurement

Multimeter (ANENG AN8002 Digital True RMS Multimeter) measurement point out great accuracy which is must have for charger
Last edited by mlilasic; Dec 02, 2019 at 03:30 AM.
Dec 08, 2019, 05:12 PM
Fan of just about anything RC
Currently testing one of these as well. It seems to work well, and I like the 30W storage/discharge capability. Much better than the 5W of the average "4 button charger" like the B6 series. I do think it's faster and easier to navigate with 4 buttons. Now, when you want to change the charge program, you have to go to the top of the menu, select the option you want, then go to the bottom of the list of options, to select "start task".

With a 4 button interface, you can just have one button be "start/select" and the other "stop/back" and all you have to do is go to the option you want to change, then press the start button to start the program, instead of having to click downa few times, to highlight the "start task" line, and then also press the center button.

I also feel the cooling fan comes on quite soon. When I charge a 3S battery with 1.5A, it already starts halfway the program, even though the charger doesn't have to work hard at all, and the B6 Mini only starts to use the fan with 2.5A settings. Maybe the fan settings could be a bit more relaxed, so if you use it indoor, to charge batteries while others are present, and for instance watching TV, they don't get startled by the charger fan suddenly coming to life. At the moment, the fan starts before the charger hits 40 degrees centigrade, which seems quite on the safe side, considering that it stops when the charger has cooled down to 37 degrees. I'm pretty sure the electronics can handle a few degrees more with ease.
Last edited by SoloProFan; Dec 08, 2019 at 05:22 PM.

Quick Reply