Nov 30, 2019, 09:27 PM
jofro
Thread OP
Whoops!

"Hand launching handful models".

Hello handy launchers! Hand launching "EDF jets" was never my favored past time so bungee catapult or landing gear I find as the safest option, but just completed couple of smallest models to add to my fleet.
The first one of the two, the larger "TW" is pretty nice flyer after 10 flights so far but rather handful to hand launch, lot safer if someone does it for me but my idea is to fly it mainly on my own so there's only one way, DIYS!
So far I did 5 bad ones spiral torque rolling it after launch. Luckily no damage as I have picked up right place to do it with the high grass growth to soften the crash impacts.
Wondering if there is simple 2ch gyro to control only 2ch. Elevon controls.
Currently I hooked up a small single rate cube one that controls only one half of Elevons, which helps hand launch but creates some issue during some aeros.
Any tips most welcomed.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 01, 2019, 12:28 AM
plays with toy planes
Not sure you're in the right place, but those are cool airplanes and some great pix.
Dec 01, 2019, 03:21 AM
jofro
Thread OP
Well, you are not much of the help, any other suggestions for the gyro to hook up simple Elevon/Delta mix controls?
Dec 01, 2019, 03:43 AM
Can't you just turn down the gain once you're flying ok?
Dec 01, 2019, 03:48 AM
jofro
Thread OP
It would be nice if I had the screwdriver while flying it!
Dec 01, 2019, 03:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jofro
Well, you are not much of the help, any other suggestions for the gyro to hook up simple Elevon/Delta mix controls?
Barry gave you the best help by letting you know that this is pretty much the furthest place to ask for what you're looking for considering we don't use motors, gyros, elevons, deltas, bungees, ducted fans, etc., and Barry being the nice guy he is then complimented your models and photos.

You'll have much better luck getting the info you want in say... the EDF forum.

Good luck.
Thomas Lee
Dec 01, 2019, 04:00 AM
jofro
Thread OP
I thought I was in hand launching Forum, that's what this model is all about, a successful hand launch.
Dec 01, 2019, 04:05 AM
After the response Barry got I’m not going to be very polite, so seriously, how does a grown man not notice there is not one post relating to edf jets in this thread, and a thread that’s in the sailplane section?

I can’t figure it out.
Last edited by i_am_mark_evans; Dec 01, 2019 at 04:14 AM.
Dec 01, 2019, 04:15 AM
jofro
Thread OP
Mate, I thing you got very narrow scope if you thing sail planes are the only hand launched models these days!
But than again some pilots use gyros even in those.
Do you have any suggestion for good one in Delta mix?
Dec 01, 2019, 04:19 AM
Maaaaate.

Get Grammarly before you get a Gyro.

BaBOOM! (Awaits my slap on the wrist)

Good luck with this one guys.
Dec 01, 2019, 04:39 AM
Quote:
Mate, I thing you got very narrow scope if you thing sail planes are the only hand launched models these days!
You are literally in the handlaunch sub forum of the sailplane forum…

We're not trying to be unhelpful here, but asking in the wrong place simply won't get you the answers you're looking for, and being rude is simply guaranteeing it.
Dec 01, 2019, 06:18 AM
I'm not as bad as they say.
Quote:
No we don't. We don't use gyros or Delta mix.
I heard that the model sailboat guys also hand launch. Maybe try that forum.
Latest blog entry: AIrcraft I've built.
Dec 01, 2019, 08:46 AM
The Mr. Rogers of RC soaring
Instead of hand launching it would you be willing to try to build a launch tower for it?

Ryan
Latest blog entry: Supergee wing mount pylons
Dec 01, 2019, 09:29 AM
turn, turn, turn.
Grab the wing by the tip and do a side arm launch... Or just hold it by the tip, turn the power on, and let it go
. I did that all the time on my flying wing.

Forget about gyros and just use your radio for mixing.
Dec 01, 2019, 10:21 AM
Go talk to the 3D foamy guys, they hand launch and use gyros. We donít use gyros because we like to actually fly our planes.

Quick Reply