Nov 30, 2019, 03:37 PM
E-Scale & Sailplane Guy
Thread OP
New Product

ChocoFly 1:3 ASW-17S 7M GPS Racer now in USA

I have received the first shipment of the latest 7-meter ChocoFly ASW-17S GPS Racers, This model is the 2019 World Champion model in GPS Triangle Racing, and the winningest model on the Euro Tour in 2018/2019. It is known for it's combination of ease-of-flying, outstanding thermal performance, and ability to go fast.

These are fully-molded, mostly Carbon models, white gel-coated, canopy mounted with release mechanism, fully hinged surfaces, retract with brake installed, separately-molded doors hinged and torsion spring-loaded, separate wing and elevator servo covers color-matched to contrasting underside color (Red or Anthracite); removable Rudder/Fin assembly means 92-inch fuselage for transport. Wing is 4-section, 8 servos (2 ailerons, 2 flaps, no spoilers), elevator 2-servos, rudder servo installs in the fin base above the tailwheel. Wing and fuselage bags included.

One model has Dark Grey flying surface undersides, the other has Red. Removable Rudder/Fin assembly means 92-inch fuselage for transport.

Options available: full set of IDS frames, links, horns for ChocoMotion/MKS/KST recommended servos; full set of ChocoMotion servos (10% off with model) FES systems with removable white propeller; Schambeck belly mount tow release (fits under FES system).

Links to manufacturer website and an example of a build https://www.chocofly.com/asw/

https://www.cmsmodell.ch/gallery-mod...-17-fes-7-00m/.

These models are high-end, high-finish, high-performance beauties, so no bargains on prices - they start around $6500.

Contact me for specifics at: [email protected]

Bruce DeVisser
Rosenthal Models USA
Last edited by Bruce DeVisser; Dec 02, 2019 at 08:25 PM. Reason: more info
to remove ads between posts
Nov 30, 2019, 10:06 PM
link do not work.
Dec 01, 2019, 11:27 AM
Xroadie
I was going to order one a few months ago....till this 400' crap came out
Dec 01, 2019, 03:12 PM
E-Scale & Sailplane Guy
Thread OP
Fixed the links - apologies.
Dec 01, 2019, 03:29 PM
or GPS, F, J, K, or even TD
Hi Bruce. This is great news. Can you please post some pics of the color schemes? Top and bottom of wings primarily.
Dec 01, 2019, 03:31 PM
Just re-read your post. I understand grey and red bottoms.
Dec 01, 2019, 09:35 PM
Bruce, when you get a chance post some photos of the removable tail.
Latest blog entry: Testing the blog page
Dec 01, 2019, 11:29 PM
That CMS model link has great pictures of the removable fin and how the elevator connects with servos to each surface.
Dec 01, 2019, 11:57 PM
When you see it in person it will be hard to pass up.
Dec 02, 2019, 08:17 PM
E-Scale & Sailplane Guy
Thread OP

ASW-17S pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2000
Bruce, when you get a chance post some photos of the removable tail.
There are good photos on the links above, but here is one...
Dec 03, 2019, 12:02 AM
Beautiful!! And... this thread needs more pictures!!!
Dec 03, 2019, 11:03 AM
E-Scale & Sailplane Guy
Thread OP

More pictures and info

The wing is molded with 160g and 120g Carbon, Herex and spreadtow in the Carbon D-box. The fuselage is molded with 160g Carbon from the wing mounting area to the tail, and fiberglass nose for radio compatibility. Flying weight is 13.5kg to 20kg (max GPS wing loading allowed) depending on equipment. Full setup data is available.

More pictures are available by clicking on the links provided in the initial post.
Dec 03, 2019, 12:38 PM
High Lift Coefficient
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjtw
Beautiful!! And... this thread needs more pictures!!!

Come on Rick, you know want it!

BTW, I heard that the ChocoFly team is coming to the US next year. Bruce, any idea where they'll be?
Dec 03, 2019, 01:41 PM
Sean - heck yeah!! This looks really sweeeet. Chocofly has really been busy and has produced some impressive aircraft. I’ll be keeping my eye on this one!!

Bruce - is there a scale cockpit option? And I see they’re not telling us much about the airfoil, are there at least thickness percentages and camber values?

PS it looks like it has all internal, LDS mechanisms on all surfaces (even elevators). And they are compatible/provide trays for MKS HV747 and MKS HBL6625, both my favorite servos. I approve!
Last edited by rjtw; Dec 03, 2019 at 03:12 PM.
Dec 04, 2019, 03:03 AM
E-Scale & Sailplane Guy
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjtw
Sean - heck yeah!! This looks really sweeeet. Chocofly has really been busy and has produced some impressive aircraft. Iíll be keeping my eye on this one!!

Bruce - is there a scale cockpit option? And I see theyíre not telling us much about the airfoil, are there at least thickness percentages and camber values?

PS it looks like it has all internal, LDS mechanisms on all surfaces (even elevators). And they are compatible/provide trays for MKS HV747 and MKS HBL6625, both my favorite servos. I approve!
It comes with a removable plastic tray and instrument panel - no other option. Airfoil is proprietary. Camber values - if you mean cruise, thermal, speed and landing settings they are provided.

The LDS frames set is an option - they do not come pre-installed.

Quick Reply