Nov 28, 2019, 11:52 PM
Ricky Windsock
Thread OP
Alert

2020 Warm and Sunny F5J and F3J in Florida

Attention all soaring pilots - We're on for a 4 day Soaring Palooza!

Dates:

F5J - Friday and Saturday, Feb 28th and 29th.
F3J - Sunday and Monday Mar 1st and 2nd.

Fees:

F5J: $45
F3J: $85, $45 if it is your first F3J contest, and $25 for Juniors.

Registrations are open at http://f3xevents.com

Venue: Kennyworld Ocala FL

Okay everyone! We've talked among all the parties and have come up with a single 4 day weekend of soaring fun. For the 2020 episode of Warm and Sunny Soaring in FL the OWLS Club (One Wing Low Squadron) at Morriston near Ocala FL have graciously offered the late Kenny Goodwin's fabulous facility for our use!

We will have the field open for practice Thursday Feb 27th. The facility includes 2 RV spaces (1st come 1st served) and camping is encouraged. There is also a 3 bedroom house on the property and it has rooms available for rent. There are 2 king bedrooms available in the house for $110 per room per night. The 2 RV hookups are $35 per night. Tent camping is $10 per night. Dry RV camping is free unless power or water is used; then it would be $10 per night. Only bed linens are provided; bring your own towels. There is no TV or internet, no wifi.

There are also plenty of Hotel options also 25 minutes from the field along 95. Models can remain assembled overnight and stored in the huge Barn on the property. We hope that both events will be added to the F5J and F3J Tours and AMA sanctions will be obtained. The respective Tour rules will be adopted for both events. (http://www.f5j-usa.com/event-rules-and-processes/). ALES CAMs will not be permitted. We will post updates once we have confirmed addition to the Tours by the tour organizers. F5J Tour has been applied for.

A dinner is planned for Saturday the 29th.

Sign-ups for both events are at http://f3xevents.com. Please keep your eye on this thread, specifically this post as I will be sure to update it.

We really hope you can come down and enjoy one or both of these events while its still freezing in the North. We're going to have a bunch of fun and two great contests!

We will have someone doing a lunch run to the Pyper Kub Restaurant in Williston and bring to the field during each day of the competition. Lunch will be $8 per day and cold sodas, water and chips will be available for a donation.

Directions to the famous Kennyworld field just west of Ocala FL (17150 SE 60th street, Morriston fl 32668) (GPS: 29.2431, -82.4860)

Watch this thread for updates. We are Now registered as a F5J Tour Event.

Pilot Roster F5J:
Mike Gardner has Registered F3Xevents
Gordon Buckland has Registered F3Xevents
Jody Miller
Jeff DuVal has Registered F3Xevents
Steve Blake
Rick Johnston has Registered F3Xevents
Frank Burnoski
Joe Wydronek
David Malkin
Jeff Carr
Brady Baggs has Registered F3Xevents
Don Richmond has Registered F3Xevents
John Kennedy
Dennis Harvey has Registered F3Xevents
James McCarthy has Registered F3Xevents
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Pilot Roster F3J:
Gordon Buckland has Registered F3Xevents
Mike Gardner has registered F3Xevents
Jody Miller
Jeff DuVal has Registered F3Xevents
Steve Blake
Rick Johnston has Registered F3Xevents
Neal Huffman
Josh Glaab
Frank Burnoski
Joe Wydronek
David Malkin
Jeff Carr
John Kennedy
Dennis Harvey has Registered F3Xevents
Ed Dumas has Registered F3Xevents
Christopher Burns has Registered F3Xevents
Charles Thomas
Charleston Thomas
Brayden Chamberlain
Last edited by aussief3b; Jan 04, 2020 at 07:20 AM. Reason: add photos
to remove ads between posts
Nov 29, 2019, 01:21 AM
NorCal Electric Soaring (NES)
Sounds like another great dual event, Ricky's master. Please submit an F5J USA Tour event application so we can verify dates against our master calendar (which includes carry-forward dates from 2019 hosting clubs). We promise to turn your application around quickly! Thanks, Chris
Last edited by SoaringDude; Nov 29, 2019 at 12:13 PM. Reason: *woof*
Nov 29, 2019, 10:15 AM
Back to back fun, I'm in
Rick
Nov 29, 2019, 11:37 AM
Pompano Hill Flyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoaringDude View Post
Sounds like another great dual event, Ricky.
Ricky is Gordon's dog. He's the only dog I've ever heard whose bark actually sounds like "arf".
Latest blog entry: How To Get a Custom AMA Number
Nov 29, 2019, 11:46 AM
F3xEvents.com is in the middle of changing hosting providers. Sorry to say it is not going well. The routing is currently down, I will let everyone know when it is back up.

If you are really hot to register you can go to f3xevents.herokuapp.com. Eventually the f3xevents.com domain name will resolve correctly... (I hope)

Jim
Nov 29, 2019, 12:17 PM
NorCal Electric Soaring (NES)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aussief3b View Post
... We are Now registered as a F5J Tour Event. ...
Not yet. See post #2
Dec 01, 2019, 10:49 AM
Service Engine Soon
F3X is working now. See you there.
Dec 02, 2019, 02:16 PM
F3Xevents is not quite working.

Please use the address f3xevents.herokuapp.com until I get it straightened out.

I am experimenting with various routing settings so f3xevents.com may come and go until I find the right way to route it.
Thanks - Jim
Dec 03, 2019, 07:23 PM
John Kennedy both contest!!
Dec 04, 2019, 01:01 AM

F3xevents.com is working

All good now - Please let me know if you have any issues, but as far as I can tell the site is back in business at www.f3xevents.com
Jim
Jan 03, 2020, 09:30 AM
Scale Aircraft = Scale Crators
Hey everyone! I checked the pilot roster this morning. We have 9 registered for 5J and 7 for 3J. Get your buddies to register! We have less than 2 months till the contest!

For the 3J guys, let us know as soon as you can about batteries and winches. I work from home so if you want to ship any gear it will be easy to send it here. PM me for coordination.

A word on lunch. At the moment I'm thinking sub sandwiches or build your own sandwich with sodas and chips. Any dietary restrictions (veggie, etc.)?
Latest blog entry: Focus on F5J
Jan 04, 2020, 10:39 AM
Ok that's high enough
All right, I'm registered as well. I will be driving from Canada and arrive 4-5 ahead for practice.

Mike, I'd like to fly in Christmas 3-4 days before the contest if this could be arranged?

For lunches, please take note that I'm allergic to seafood.
Jan 04, 2020, 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FabFlight View Post
All right, I'm registered as well. I will be driving from Canada and arrive 4-5 ahead for practice.

Mike, I'd like to fly in Christmas 3-4 days before the contest if this could be arranged?

For lunches, please take note that I'm allergic to seafood.
You are welcome to practice at the Christmas field Fabien, I will arrange for someone to meet you at the field the first day, to show you the locks, where to fly/not fly etc.
Raed
Jan 05, 2020, 02:03 PM
Ok that's high enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by raed5 View Post
You are welcome to practice at the Christmas field Fabien, I will arrange for someone to meet you at the field the first day, to show you the locks, where to fly/not fly etc.
Raed
Great! I'll contact you a few days before arriving.
Jan 06, 2020, 08:28 AM

Paypal

Hey Gang
Can we pay at the field ?
Love to get out of this winter wonderland for a few days 🙄

Quick Reply