Nov 28, 2019, 12:22 AM
Thread OP
Mini-Review

JJRC MO2 Drone Fighter

JJRC MO 2 Fighter Drone /Flying Model Review (14 min 7 sec)

After watching this video I notice a mistake that I made regarding the flashing LEDS.They are mentioned in the instructions.
Happy Landings
Chris...
to remove ads between posts
Nov 28, 2019, 03:53 AM
Thread OP
JJRC M02 drone (1 min 1 sec)
Nov 28, 2019, 06:47 AM
welder I have also now, hehe
i like the lights
Nov 28, 2019, 04:11 PM
Wish I would have held off buying my XK X450 and bought this instead. I like the canopy much better. No big deal but just my 2 cents anyway.
Nov 28, 2019, 10:20 PM
Thread OP
JJRC MO2 Motor Transition. (1 min 44 sec)

I had three flights with this model today and found exactly the same flight handling as the XK450.
The main difference seems to be the start up procedure of the two models...similar... but slightly different.
The automatic launch works well ,but I think that the LEDS on this model are not as clear as on the XK450...possibly because there are only two in each wing as well as being mounted in a black tinted plastic pod, compared to being under the wing on the XK450.
The large clear canopy does look good BUT,currently the MO2 is AUD 30.00 more expensive.
But is one worth$ 30.00 more than the other.???
Happy Landings
Chris...
Nov 29, 2019, 04:04 AM
Just Plane Nutts
Clear canopy looks nice, but hardly noticeable in flight. I'm happy, and I could always add a clear one to the '450 if I wanted to.
Latest blog entry: My You-Tube channel
Nov 29, 2019, 01:19 PM
Does anyone even offer a replacement canopy for the M02 as yet. That's a pretty good idea to just switch out the canopy from the X450 to the canopy from the MO2. Now the trick is where does one go to find one. Didn't have much luck on Banggoods site.
Nov 29, 2019, 07:03 PM
Thread OP
I have not seen any replacement parts for this model yet, compared to the complete spares to the "aviator"
I'm pretty sure that a canopy would not be to hard to construct or even modify to fit.
Chris...
Nov 29, 2019, 11:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by britinoz
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ViZkoYzR3c
I had three flights with this model today and found exactly the same flight handling as the XK450.
The main difference seems to be the start up procedure of the two models...similar... but slightly different.
The automatic launch works well ,but I think that the LEDS on this model are not as clear as on the XK450...possibly because there are only two in each wing as well as being mounted in a black tinted plastic pod, compared to being under the wing on the XK450.
The large clear canopy does look good BUT,currently the MO2 is AUD 30.00 more expensive.
But is one worth$ 30.00 more than the other.???
Happy Landings
Chris...
Hey Chris, a couple of points. "The automatic launch works well" - So that's 1 difference as the Auto Take Off no worky on the 450!
Also "the start up procedure of the two models...similar... but slightly different" - could you elaborate (or post the manual?) I guess we should first ask the obvious question - are the transmitters interchangeable? The plastic ware looks a little beefier on the MO2 especially at the front motor mount forks. Hard to tell at the rear mount with you holding it and talking like an Italian!
I think that the LED system is probably better on this as they are viewable from either side of the wing if you are making a curving run past yourself. Also those exposed wires & LEDs on the 450 will eventually take a beating from a dumping in the weeds if not covered somehow.
Not sure the elevon servo mounting change matters much as the 450 uses the same system as on the 520 which has a much bigger elevon. And we've hammered them enough to show up any potential shortcomings!
The ability to fit a slightly larger battery (especially wider) will give more choices and extend FPV flight times if using the balance lead.
I noticed that this too has a spot reserved in the wing (by the left rear of the receiver pod) for maybe a GPS unit so we'll all be sweating on that upgrade.
The Tx has gone from 3 to 4 push buttons by the display. You showed "mode" at top right. Is top left still rates, bottom left auto take off/land and bottom right photo (for the possible FPV version? Also where's the instant motor kill now?
Cheers Oz.
Oh & a PS. Several folks have mentioned adjusting the motor linkages to be perfectly parallel. Makes sense at rest and the FC will adjust the angles during flight. But could someone with far better knowledge than yours truly give an inkling of how much preset might be needed to counter the resultant torque imbalance of having uneven numbers of CW & CCW motors?
Nov 29, 2019, 11:31 PM
Oh I see that Banggood now have the Tx shown in their ad - with the usual Sloppy and Paste mistakes!
Nov 30, 2019, 03:04 AM
Thread OP
Auto start works OK on this model .Bottom left button.... could not get working on 450( could be me ?)
Start up on 450 is "model first" MO2 is TX first.I believe I mentioned that I could not get the TX's to bind with other model. Yes the plastic does "look' a little heavier.(and possibly is, as this model is about 25 gms heavier) Re LEDS I found them not as easily visible. (so I have modified).This model does have a larger battery compartment ..but enlarging the space on the 450 was simply removing foam.
Both models have a GPS "compartment"
"Motor Kill"=Motor Start
Possibly the FC may compensate with the variations of components...but I try to make it as evenly matched as possible because I have previously had a ARF VTOL that needed a LOT of TLC.
I have made a mod to the shipping box that allows the model to be placed inverted .Once the fins are installed ..wont fit...and I also removed the black lens from the underside LEDS.yet to try in flight.
Chris...
Nov 30, 2019, 06:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by britinoz
Auto start works OK on this model .Bottom left button.... could not get working on 450( could be me ?)
Start up on 450 is "model first" MO2 is TX first.I believe I mentioned that I could not get the TX's to bind with other model. Yes the plastic does "look' a little heavier.(and possibly is, as this model is about 25 gms heavier) Re LEDS I found them not as easily visible. (so I have modified).This model does have a larger battery compartment ..but enlarging the space on the 450 was simply removing foam.
Both models have a GPS "compartment"
"Motor Kill"=Motor Start
Possibly the FC may compensate with the variations of components...but I try to make it as evenly matched as possible because I have previously had a ARF VTOL that needed a LOT of TLC.
I have made a mod to the shipping box that allows the model to be placed inverted .Once the fins are installed ..wont fit...and I also removed the black lens from the underside LEDS.yet to try in flight.
Chris...
Thanks Chris. Yair, AirDOGGe's shipping box mod is a good-un. Unfortunately the Styro packaging on my 450 has had the usual Banggood "customising" & is no longer suitable.
Re the startup procedure the 450 manual says Tx first then plane (page 6 under "Binding") but it works equally well the other way around.
I didn't notice your mentioning the Txs being incompatible but then I'm in my dotage.
Re "Motor Kill" on the 450 full throttle down seems to stop the motors pretty quickly if stationary on the ground but takes about 2 secs if landing - I suppose that's the flight control failsafe to check for no barometer change before killing motors. If on the ground pressing "Auto Take Off/Land" for 2 secs also works. To kill motors instantly in an emergency it's press "Stick (Stuck) Mode" & "Photo" together.
Banggood must be monitoring the forums since the Tx labeled diagrams seem to have vanished from their ad but they are still up on GeekBuying.
Motor Kill shown as press the lower left "Unlock" (Take Off/Land?) button and the red 6G/3D button together.
I see the 450 is now available from the Oz warehouse.
Oh and odd that you only got 2 replacement props with the 450. 3 with mine - though I haven't checked if they might be all the same direction yet.
Looking forward to your flight appraisal.
Cheers Oz.
Dec 05, 2019, 08:55 PM
Thread OP
JJRC M02 と XK X450 少しだけ比較 (1 min 33 sec)
Dec 06, 2019, 12:11 AM
Waste Nothing
@ Brit

Flew a maiden on the MO2 today in hover only . After some minor assembly issues dealt with in the pre-flight , no worries .

Have a XK X450 on the way on a Bfriday deal for $45 CDN (shipping included) . PayPal backed deal which saw an Email update today of the model in transit ! Excited to do this very comparison test for myself when the X450 arrives . Should be interesting to alay my fears of flying my CONVERGENCE in the forward mode having these bashers around to train on . hahaha

Thanx for the heads-up mate .

Quick Reply