Feb 04, 2020, 07:41 PM
Thread OP
Hey all!

I just got an Email from Superfly that they will be shipping my Model shortly. It's been a bit of a wait but I look forward to getting this model in the air. Hopefully in before the February Torrey Pines Gulls Tournament!
to remove ads between posts
Feb 06, 2020, 10:55 AM
I just received a shipping notice for my order. But the British style of writing dates threw me for a loop: It said expected pickup date of : 07/02/2020. I thought JULY!?!?!?!
Then I went to the tracking page which said estimated delivery of 14/02/2020. Oh - it was picked up today. Whew!
Feb 06, 2020, 11:34 AM
I have also ordered one yesterday, let's see how long it will take to get it here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanpilot
I just received a shipping notice for my order. But the British style of writing dates threw me for a loop: It said expected pickup date of : 07/02/2020. I thought JULY!?!?!?!
Then I went to the tracking page which said estimated delivery of 14/02/2020. Oh - it was picked up today. Whew!
Do you know that MM/DD/YYYY format is only used in the USA and the rest (nearly whole) of the world uses DD/MM/YYYY?
Feb 06, 2020, 02:48 PM
I have also received a shipping notice today. I ordered it on Jan 23, 2020.
Feb 06, 2020, 03:11 PM
@ Boogie33

Yes, I normally remember the date convention - except when I'm waiting for a shipping notice on a new airplane.
Feb 06, 2020, 11:19 PM
Do you know that MM/DD/YYYY format is only used in the USA and the rest (nearly whole) of the world uses DD/MM/YYYY? [/QUOTE]

Yes, we’ve all wondered, for quite a while now, why you did that.
Regards
Paul
Feb 07, 2020, 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pabloh
Do you know that MM/DD/YYYY format is only used in the USA and the rest (nearly whole) of the world uses DD/MM/YYYY?

Yes, we’ve all wondered, for quite a while now, why you did that.
Regards
Paul
For years, even as a kid, I used the DD/MM/YYYY and military time. It would really wing out people when I did it. Military time really fried their brains.

07 Feb 20
07 Feb 2020
07 / 02 / 20
07 / 02 / 2020

How about "zero hundred hours"?
Feb 08, 2020, 06:04 PM
The #1 for F3K and DLG
I have seen all the comments on this thread and would like to officially say the following……

It has without doubt been a very difficult 2019, yes, we are a relatively new business, like you I am an aeromodeller that started out wanting to buy and sell a few models to fund my hobby. Suddenly it started to spiral, 2 years later and we have learnt many things along the way, working with the right suppliers is key. Behind the scenes is very different to what I’d ever imagined and therefore we have now limited our product offering, in order that we can deliver a higher standard of customer service. Communication has been difficult with so many ways of being contacted, however this has now been resolved.

In hard times you really know who your friends are, all the people that believe in me and what I am trying to achieve. Therefore I would like to extend my gratitude and many thanks to Rollo Sommer, Laurynas Ceskevicius, Denis Skrabl, Thomas Lee and Kirill Protsenko, also Vincent Merlijn, Bastian Duijghuisen, Mike Challinor, Richard Swindells, Quentin Philippe, Brian Van der Gouw and all my customers for their continued support to help me and promote my brand ‘Superfly’!

The reason Superfly was born is to offer the customer a one stop shop offering great products and bundle deals, with the addition of supplying a professional building service to those without either the time or skill set. The hundred plus models and builds that have been completed and delivered to customers are unfortunately overlooked by some negative press.

So, what lays ahead……

2020 has already started positively for us, new stock of TORO’s together with a new production schedule for regular delivery, many new F5K models and many new products and accessories.
Latest blog entry: Superfly
Feb 10, 2020, 05:23 AM
The #1 for F3K and DLG
New stock of TORO is here and we also have a 2 piece wing version...…
Feb 10, 2020, 11:01 AM
Just another user...
Quote:
Originally Posted by x_Superfly_x
New stock of TORO is here and we also have a 2 piece wing version...…
What holds the wings together in a launch? Just tape? Or is there some locking arrangement?
Feb 11, 2020, 04:04 AM
The #1 for F3K and DLG
You can use diamond tape or similar
Feb 12, 2020, 02:06 AM

Kapton tape

I use Kapton tape: no harm to surface, no residue
Feb 13, 2020, 09:50 PM
I'm pleased to report that my Toro arrived today!
Everything appears to be there, and it was very well packed with plenty of bubble wrap.
The plane itself appears to be well-made, and I'm looking forward to building it. This will be my first DLG build, so I'm going to go slow.
Feb 14, 2020, 09:32 PM
Thread OP
Glad to hear folks are getting their models. I am still waiting on mine however. Tomorrow is the Torrey Pines International Glider Competition, the 2nd of the year. I will be attending as a spectator.

4 months.

79 days since they took the $580 USD and while I have received an email stating they will be shipped soon, I have yet to receive and email with a shipping confirmation.

I can only hope this will be worth the wait.
Feb 14, 2020, 10:18 PM
Bummer. Hopefully they're nearly done building it for you. I think it would only be fair to you give express shipping to make up for the wait.

Quick Reply