May 13, 2021, 03:55 PM
The Volta 15 Amp esc may not be synchronizing with the motor. There is an esc (offered by the T-motor Company) that is designed for this motor. Ali Express sells them.
Last edited by TN Walker; May 13, 2021 at 04:07 PM. Reason: Clarification
to remove ads between posts
May 21, 2021, 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by electrich
Probably a bad or broken solder joint on the motor/ESC bullet connection.

The wires which exit the motor are very thin. 99% of the time when I experience the issue you are describing, I remove heat shrink at the bullet connection and find the wire has broken.
That was it thanks. Bullet fell off the wire as soon as I removed the heat shrink on one of the motor wires. Re-soldered, seems good as new, motor runs fine, just have to go test fly it. Checked the other two wires while I was at it, those solder connections to the bullets were solid.

Thanks again.
May 21, 2021, 09:09 PM
Totally Twisted
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enya
That was it thanks. Bullet fell off the wire as soon as I removed the heat shrink on one of the motor wires. Re-soldered, seems good as new, motor runs fine, just have to go test fly it. Checked the other two wires while I was at it, those solder connections to the bullets were solid.

Thanks again.
Glad to hear you were able to find the issue and fix it.
May 29, 2021, 10:51 AM
Deleted
Last edited by Chirpster; May 30, 2021 at 06:41 PM.
Jun 24, 2021, 04:19 AM
Hi everyone!

This look like a really nice plane!

Is it available from any other shops? I have nothing against Twistedhobbys and I would love to buy from them but they only have USPS/UPS shipping options (I am in South Africa) and both those options use our local post office on this side. They are so dysfunctional you very seldom receive anything.

Since no local hobby shops carry F3P stuff I really need to find a "one stop shop" that will ship with a courier like DHL or TNT since I need to source stuff like motors/ESC's/batteries and servos as well. I am new to F3P so need to stock up on a lot of stuff!

Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks!
Jun 24, 2021, 04:54 AM
Thanks!!
Jul 28, 2021, 06:49 PM

Control Throws

Hello All. I have a Clik 21 Superlite on the way and was wondering what control throws people are using, as a starting point. I understand preferences etc. Some like maxing out throws, some dial it back. Just curious of the ranges people are using. And asking for some input.

I ordered the stock light indoor power combo. I will be looking for light and floaty, slow controlled F3A type flight rather than high energy 3D snappy type flight. I have experience with both, but looking for more precise flying. Smooth and precise. Light and floaty. I am not new to RC. Just looking for a starting point to set up mechanicals for the best resolution from my radio. So I can clip off the unused portion of the arms, etc for weight savings. I know rates can deal with that, but it reduces resolution on the sticks, extra weight, etc.

I have been through many of the pages and have done searches and have not found any references to control throws; rudder 45 degrees, elevator 30 degrees, etc etc.

I am not even looking at expo as I know what I like. Personal preference and do not want to open that discussion. Just looking for info on control throws being used. High and lows if you have that preference.

Thank you..
Jul 28, 2021, 09:35 PM
Totally Twisted
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Skip
Hello All. I have a Clik 21 Superlite on the way and was wondering what control throws people are using, as a starting point. I understand preferences etc. Some like maxing out throws, some dial it back. Just curious of the ranges people are using. And asking for some input.

I ordered the stock light indoor power combo. I will be looking for light and floaty, slow controlled F3A type flight rather than high energy 3D snappy type flight. I have experience with both, but looking for more precise flying. Smooth and precise. Light and floaty. I am not new to RC. Just looking for a starting point to set up mechanicals for the best resolution from my radio. So I can clip off the unused portion of the arms, etc for weight savings. I know rates can deal with that, but it reduces resolution on the sticks, extra weight, etc.

I have been through many of the pages and have done searches and have not found any references to control throws; rudder 45 degrees, elevator 30 degrees, etc etc.

I am not even looking at expo as I know what I like. Personal preference and do not want to open that discussion. Just looking for info on control throws being used. High and lows if you have that preference.

Thank you..
The easy starting point is 30 degrees max. I can measure mine soon. The Clik is perfect for what you are looking for- slow and precise flying. It’s not a fire breathing 3D machine so just based on my gut instinct, I think anything more than 30 degrees is excessive. Generally speaking on my 3D foamies I run as much as I can get, with my endpoints maxed out in the radio, and more expo than most of my friends like,. I fly outside and like the extra throw if I get to close to a tree etc. I used the trailing edge “drag strips” on aileron and tails, I don’t use the air brakes.
Jul 29, 2021, 01:36 AM
I generally set up the model with the maximum throws physically possible, and then have a three way switch for dual rates and start with that at 50%, 75% and 100% with 30, 40 and 50% expo.

From there I fly the model and adjust by feel. On 3D models with high throws I use as much as 60% expo, but for precision flying I might have throws as low as 20% and 30% expo. All depends on how you like to fly and how you want the model to behave.

The Clik is slow and graceful across the whole range though, it's very relaxing to fly.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
Jul 29, 2021, 06:07 AM
It flys so slow that even if you fly 3d throws, it's not hard to handle. I fly them with 3d throw and adjust expo for my feel. I fly in a pattern graceful style with it and it just still feels right. Cutting back DR doesn't hurt your resolution. Cutting back the endpoints does. Keep your endpoints over 100 in high rate and use DR for low rates if you use them. You will love this bird
Jul 29, 2021, 07:08 AM

Thank you

Thank you for the tips. And I did not know dual rates do no cut resolution. Good to know.
Jul 29, 2021, 07:29 AM
You do lose resolution with dual rates vs mechanically limiting things, but you've really got to be in the top 1% of pilots to be able to detect that with modern servos and radios.

I'd rather have the flexibility in the radio and the freedom to tune it for different flights on different days.

But even if you do want to go the whole hog and limit throws mechanically I would advise you to fly it first with full throws to get a feel for the model, and use rates on your radio to experiment and decide how much throw feels right for you.

When you can flick a switch and try three different rates multiple times in a single flight it's much quicker to test and get a feel for it than trying to do that with mechanical changes.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Quick Reply