Apr 14, 2020, 08:24 AM
Ok, thank you. No rush, I am waiting for my Clik21 to be sent and will do the build over the summer sometime.
to remove ads between posts
May 16, 2020, 05:02 PM
You down with EPP?
Is this enough torque for one aileron servo? Or should I go with the CS-70?

Trying to keep it light
May 20, 2020, 12:44 PM
I was waiting for the more experienced members to answer, my answer is this servo x 1 on aileron(s) is plenty enough torque for what you need.

Tony
May 20, 2020, 03:21 PM
Totally Twisted
I used a single 70 on the Ailerons. And 40s on the tails.
Oct 22, 2020, 11:09 AM

Clik 21 Wheels (3D Print)

Hey All,

I've read all the way through this thread and am in the middle of building my clik 21. I saw a lot of complaints about the stock wheels. I also saw some carbon and plywood substitute options. Some suggested GWS wheels also but they are too heavy IMO... So I made these. I'm not sure how they will hold up in the long run, but they feel more durable and roll wayyyy better than the foam ones in the kit. They chatter some on hard floors, but they are light and they function as wheels. These are 20mm and weigh less than the foam ones!!! Stock wheels are .25g/pair. Mine are .17-.18g/pair. I can send you the .STL file if you have a printer and want to make your own. If you want a set and have no access to a printer let me know. I would ship you 2 pairs for $5. Hope this helps some other Clik Builders!
Last edited by bushacro; Oct 26, 2020 at 05:05 PM.
Oct 22, 2020, 11:57 AM
Getting ready for indoor season, ordered one with the indoor setup!
Oct 23, 2020, 07:20 AM

Battery placement?

Where does everyone mount Their batteries on these planes??? Pictures would be awesome thanks!
Oct 23, 2020, 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bushacro
Where does everyone mount Their batteries on these planes??? Pictures would be awesome thanks!
it depends on what gear you have used to kit the model out, just put it where it gives the correct CG
Oct 23, 2020, 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by locoworks
it depends on what gear you have used to kit the model out, just put it where it gives the correct CG
I'm more curious about top or bottom and how you mounted it. Obviously it goes where needed for the CG. I would just like to see how most people have their receivers, escs, and batteries mounted. Minimizing Wire lengths. I have the Crak 2202 1650, 1-a3030, 2-a2020s and castle talon 15 plus spektrum 6335.

Thanks
Oct 25, 2020, 02:04 PM
Started building today.
A table saw makes for a nice flat surface.
So far they've done a great job on the design and parts.

Using an Aura 5 FC.
Nov 08, 2020, 02:58 PM
Is a 6A ESC enough for a combo of the 2202 - 1620kv motor running an 8043 prop?

https://www.getfpv.com/tiger-motor-6-amp-esc.html
Nov 08, 2020, 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickthenorse
Is a 6A ESC enough for a combo of the 2202 - 1620kv motor running an 8043 prop?

https://www.getfpv.com/tiger-motor-6-amp-esc.html
I use a 6A ESC on all 3 of my Cliks and it works fine.
Nov 08, 2020, 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by billg
I use a 6A ESC on all 3 of my Cliks and it works fine.
Cool, thanks
Nov 11, 2020, 09:47 AM
Finished the build last week and have put a couple flights on it.
Here's some build comments.

Overall, the design and fabrication is very well done.
Many small details are there and make the build very straightforward.

I followed Ethan's posted build steps from the beginning of the thread.

I did not put the gear on until much later in the process when the fuse is all together.
It keeps it out of the way during the build.
And it then goes in after the vertical fuse flat CF is in place for the gear rods to go on either side.

I cut all the 0.8mm rods for the fuse bracing per Ethan's post-its.
However, the 142mm (or 141mm) rods that get cut are used at the front to brace the motor mount area.

Later it calls for 2-142mm rods to brace the vertical stab on the top of the fuse.
But there's none left for that.
There was a leftover piece from one of the rods that was close, so I ended up with rods there that are about 135mm.

I also plan to add two more braces to the top of the vertical stab right before the rudder hinge as that flexes with the rudder.

I used the Indoor power setup.
Build came out just under 150g.
Yeah, a few more grams than I had hoped for.

I did use an Aura FT5 and LemonRX satellite receiver, so a couple extra grams there.

But I did remove the motor/esc bullet connectors and some wire to reduce weight.

The flight performance is great except for hover.
At the start of a flight I have enough battery voltage to hover, barely.

My next steps are to do some power tests to see where I am with that and then do some prop changes.

Pics soon.
Nov 11, 2020, 12:06 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
Sounds like you may need fresh batteries. Should hover like a feather.

Congrats on the build!

Quick Reply