May 22, 2020, 11:02 AM
Bog Flusher Platinum Grade
All three Autel patents have been rules invalid by a judge. This is the right decision for the drone industry as a whole as this would had far and wide ramifications for the whole industry including many open source sectors.

I suspect Autel knew this as it was as much marketing as anything else.

While it’s not totally over this takes all of the power out of any litigation.
Latest blog entry: HDZero Micro V3 - 1080P Is Here
to remove ads between posts
May 22, 2020, 05:00 PM
www.JonSmithers.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_angler1 View Post
All three Autel patents have been rules invalid by a judge. This is the right decision for the drone industry as a whole as this would had far and wide ramifications for the whole industry including many open source sectors.

I suspect Autel knew this as it was as much marketing as anything else.

While it’s not totally over this takes all of the power out of any litigation.
Great! I think this is the best for all!

Cheers, Jon
May 23, 2020, 08:35 PM
Must Stop Buying More Stuff
Evo firmware is finally getting some love done to it. Lets see where this goes....
May 24, 2020, 02:44 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quad808 View Post
Evo firmware is finally getting some love done to it. Lets see where this goes....

yeahhh
May 25, 2020, 02:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quad808 View Post
Best of all they have fixed the h.265 files. Now I just needs some hackers to force FCC for us CE flyers and some ND filter makers to wake up
May 25, 2020, 02:59 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilsblix View Post
Best of all they have fixed the h.265 files. Now I just needs some hackers to force FCC for us CE flyers and some ND filter makers to wake up
... be patient .... work in progress
May 25, 2020, 03:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukappaseidue View Post
... be patient .... work in progress

.... patient is my first name
May 25, 2020, 07:37 PM
ND me now!
May 26, 2020, 04:35 PM
Well, thanks to Capt. Soap's prompt over on the Mavic 2 forum, here I am investigating the Evo II as a prospective purchase. As tempting as the DJI is, as long as there are alternatives I will have NO part in geo-fencing headaches. My major flying-imaging interest is a massive bridge building project going on in our community which I have been documenting since before it started in 2017, and is expected to continue for 2+ more years. A portion of that project falls to within 4 miles of local controlled airspace which currently proves no problem with my 4K Blade Chromas and the handy Airmap app to get my LAANC authorizations.

Sooooooo in my quest for an eventual replacement for my "model-T" technology, the lack of mandatory geo-fencing limits on the Autel is ideal. I'll be reviewing the informational videos and keeping a close eye on developments and experiences posted here for awhile before I make the leap, but in the meantime this adventure looks to be quite exciting.
May 26, 2020, 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by THEolfart View Post
. I'll be reviewing the informational videos and keeping a close eye on developments and experiences posted here for awhile before I make the leap, but in the meantime this adventure looks to be quite exciting.

You will find more relevant information on this forum than here.

https://autelpilots.com/forums/evo-ii-discussion.42/
May 26, 2020, 06:36 PM
Thank you parkgt...I value multiple sources.
May 27, 2020, 02:54 AM
Thread OP
Appena rilasciata nuova versione stabile di AUTEL EXPLORER per ANDROID vers 1.1.53
Just released new stable release of Autel Explorer Android version (1.1.53)
grab it here (official link)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xe01vdiy4a...lease.apk?dl=0

Release Notes

Improved display contrast for adverse lighting situations
Supported real-time no-fly zone information display
Increased the maximum flight altitude to 2640ft (800m)
Fixed translation bugs

The following updates only apply to EVO II series

Supported cross-hatch flight in rectangular mission
Added gimbal lock option in the camera setting
Optimized the mission planning settings
Enabled 1-2 second strobe function for auxiliary bottom LED lights
Added support for longer, multiple-battery missions - users can Resume, Restart, or Edit their previously begun missions (firmware needs to be upgraded to V2.2.3)
Last edited by lukappaseidue; May 27, 2020 at 03:20 AM.
May 27, 2020, 07:01 PM
deleted
May 27, 2020, 07:02 PM

Using EVO II with Crystalsky

I am happy with my EVO 2 Pro and look forward to Autel continuing to refine their software. At this point the aircraft has what I need to accomplish most of the work that I do. One thing that I just can't stand is trying to use a cell phone for work. I can't see enough detail to make out wires, or even tell if the photo is in focus.

The DJI Crystalsky display is very nice in even in bright sun. It's not hard at all to use the Crystalsky display with the Autel flight software. The video below describes how to download the APK file and put it into the Crystalsky. This video was done with an EVO 1 but it's exactly the same process for the EVO 2. The second link is for the current APK file for the EVO 2.

The AMAZING DJI Crystal Sky & Autel EVO - They work together (6 min 37 sec)

https://apkpure.com/autel-explorer/c...otics.explorer

I am using the 8" high Brightness 1000 nit version. There is also a Ultra Bright 2000 nit version but, mine failed just after the warranty expired and this seems to be a common problem with the Ultra version.

For now I using a bracket that was designed for a Mavic Pro that has been adapted to connect it to the EVO remote. I have a proper mount on order from Fly High USA.

https://flyhighusa.com/product/flyhi...dapter-part-3/

It is much easier to see what I am doing with this display!

May 28, 2020, 09:59 AM
Bog Flusher Platinum Grade
Quote:
Originally Posted by CG Photo View Post
I am happy with my EVO 2 Pro and look forward to Autel continuing to refine their software. At this point the aircraft has what I need to accomplish most of the work that I do. One thing that I just can't stand is trying to use a cell phone for work. I can't see enough detail to make out wires, or even tell if the photo is in focus.

The DJI Crystalsky display is very nice in even in bright sun. It's not hard at all to use the Crystalsky display with the Autel flight software. The video below describes how to download the APK file and put it into the Crystalsky. This video was done with an EVO 1 but it's exactly the same process for the EVO 2. The second link is for the current APK file for the EVO 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdDPO6_hohY&t
https://apkpure.com/autel-explorer/c...otics.explorer

I am using the 8" high Brightness 1000 nit version. There is also a Ultra Bright 2000 nit version but, mine failed just after the warranty expired and this seems to be a common problem with the Ultra version.

For now I using a bracket that was designed for a Mavic Pro that has been adapted to connect it to the EVO remote. I have a proper mount on order from Fly High USA.

https://flyhighusa.com/product/flyhi...dapter-part-3/

It is much easier to see what I am doing with this display!

That’s almost satanic to see lol.

Nice combo but just make sure it don’t randomly go on fire with the friction between them .
Latest blog entry: HDZero Micro V3 - 1080P Is Here

Quick Reply