Twisted Hobbys ProXy FPV Parkflyer Airplane

Twisted Hobbys is taking pre-orders on what might be the hottest new plane this holiday season. The ProXy is a 44" EPP parkflyer in a pusher configuration that is FPV focused, but can be used as a stand alone 3D/Sport plane as well.

Splash

Sport, Parkerflyer FPV Fun

Twisted Hobbys is taking pre-orders on what might be the hottest new plane this holiday season. The ProXy is a 44" EPP parkflyer in a pusher configuration that is FPV focused, but can be used as a stand alone line of sight sport plane/cruiser as well. It can fly slow and it looks to be the perfect plane for FPV proximity flying around obstacles. The videos below speaks for itself on what this plane is capable of. The EPP material and design of the plane make it super tough so you can fly with confidence to get low and crazy.

Flying on the Elan 2205-2600 motor and a cheap 3S 450-1000 mAh battery, the ProXy is affordable to get in the air and burn pack after pack with. It's also remarkably flexible for set-up and flies great with nothing but a simple receiver, a stabilizing receiver, or go all-out with a flight controller and iNav or Betaflight. For a camera set-up, the ProXy delivers a great experience with a simple all-in-one unit, or a more sophisticated HD recording camera like a RunCam Split or Caddx Tarsier with a separate video transmitter.

The ProXy is available for pre-order right now for $98.99 with shipments expected to start in late November or early December. Also be on the lookout for the official RCGroups Review soon.

Check out the Twisted Hobbys ProXy FPV Parkflyer Airplane Here

Stay up to date on the ProXy in the main RCGroups Thread Here

Twisted Hobbys ProXy Fixed Wing / FPV (0 min 52 sec)

proXy (2 min 50 sec)

Specifications:

• Wing Span: 44"
  • Length: 37"
  • AUW: 250g w/o FPV

Recommended Gear:

• (4)5-11g micro servos
  • (1) 10-20A ESC
  • (1) micro receiver
  • (1) 18-30g 2200-2600KV brush-less motor
  • (1) 3s 450-1000mah Lipo
  • (1) 5046 Prop
  • - Option FPV Transmitter / Camera gear

Nov 25, 2019, 09:49 AM
Perpetual Noob
Looks kind of interesting with its V tail.
Nov 25, 2019, 04:11 PM
I like real wooden aeroplanes!
I must have seen an uglier model but I really can't remember when!!
Nov 26, 2019, 03:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancer
I must have seen an uglier model but I really can't remember when!!
That's the great thing about FPV, when you're flying it, you can't see it
Nov 26, 2019, 05:42 AM
Team Twisted!
Looking forward to getting this one in the air and having some great fun with close in proximity style FPV flying. There will be lots of additional information unfolding as well on the main thread link posted above...
cdee
Nov 26, 2019, 08:21 AM
Awesome Jason! Excited to see you fly yours!
Nov 26, 2019, 08:27 AM
FREE VAPOR TRAILS
Glad to see everybody excited about this plane! It's truly a gamechanger. Jason I'm looking forward to your thoughts on it!
Nov 26, 2019, 09:17 AM
Team Extreme! Team Twisted!

ProXy

Very excited to see people getting their hands on the ProXy! This plane makes FPV what I always dreamed it should be. Wheels to takeoff and land with and an airframe designed to fly in any attitude.

Looking forward to your thoughts.
Nov 26, 2019, 02:34 PM
Soar high, huck low
I’ll be grabbing one of these for Xmas! Looking forward to people posting some epic videos like Cody’s. I’ll be using an Eagletree stabilizer and a tiny 5.8 250 mw FPV set up, 3S 800 batteries. Also thinking about a removable wing that is similar to the Big Beaver.
Latest blog entry: Super sized Delta combat wing
Nov 26, 2019, 08:34 PM
Team Twisted!
Great design Cody and Chris! Can't wait to do some flying through the woods with you guys doing some aerobatics. I really enjoy the way these awesome airplanes fly and believe it really is just the touch that FPV needs!

Benton
Nov 27, 2019, 11:13 AM
TEAM TWISTED!
ProXy party at Nall, anyone?
Nov 29, 2019, 03:32 PM
Nice flight video. I've never seen fpv footage like that from a fixed wing craft.
Dec 02, 2019, 08:29 AM
Proximity flying is by far my favorite way to go but the 44" wingspan is a bit too much airplane for me. Very smooth flying in that video though and hats off to the pilot.
Dec 02, 2019, 08:38 AM
Here is Chris J's Proxy setup video. Thanks Chris for sharing this with us.
Twisted Hobbys ProXy Setup Spektrum (15 min 0 sec)
Dec 05, 2019, 08:30 AM
FREE VAPOR TRAILS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Route666
Proximity flying is by far my favorite way to go but the 44" wingspan is a bit too much airplane for me. Very smooth flying in that video though and hats off to the pilot.
Thanks! However, don't let the aircraft size intimidate you. It is extremely light and slow. RTF it's about 350 grams. The airplane has a lot less energy in it than something like a Mini Skyhunter. The ProXy is pretty much the easiest way to fly fixed wing FPV IMO.

Quick Reply