Dec 10, 2019, 09:11 AM
Trader Rating: 43
BisDak2
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheX
I think you mean 100's of millions. Especially when Amazon was using USPS.
This time of year specifically holiday season a lot of packages and they want those packages processed as fast as possible and most likely some will get damaged. I'd like so see someone wear my shoes this holiday season delivering packages early morning then go back to your regular routine delivering mail and make it in 10 hours. With other delivery carriers like ups or fedex they have second person with them for faster delivery, with us usps your on your own.
Last edited by humayraykinaon; Dec 10, 2019 at 09:17 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 10, 2019, 09:43 AM
Trader Rating: 21
That thing almost hit me
I think it's your location. Here, USPS is the best, Fed Ex is pretty good, Smart Post and UPS are horrible where I live.. I just paid an additional $6.99 to have something shipped so it wouldn't go Smart Post.
I've never had anything delivered in a timely manner when shipped Smart Post. The packages seem to wander around aimlessly for days before they show up. I don't ship an enormous amount of stuff, so the price is not as important to me as some of you guys. Remember to tip your delivery drivers and the mail man this Christmas...
Dec 10, 2019, 10:48 AM
Trader Rating: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoed
I've never had anything delivered in a timely manner when shipped Smart Post.
I think delivery time estimates with SmartPost may be based on when FedEx Ground hands off the package to the USPS, not when final delivery is expected. I have often experienced a 2 or 3 day delay from when FedEx Ground delivers the package to the USPS and when tracking shows it moving again in the USPS system.

I do use SmartPost, but it typcally does take longer than Priority or FedEx Ground, and about the same as USPS Parcel Select.
Dec 11, 2019, 09:32 AM
Trader Rating: 223
!= International Arms Dealer

SmartPost :arghfist:

so Horizon had the 1.5M Opterra PnP wing on sale last week

I ordered mine Sunday morning, my buddy ordered his Sunday night

both from Tower! both of us selected free shipping!

his shipped Priority, mine shipped FedEx SmartPost!

he got his in 3 days. we flew it last weekend. It is a nice flier, well worth $99 bucks

mine is scheduled to be delivered on the 26th
Dec 13, 2019, 11:52 PM
Trader Rating: 6
tchobbys
All the prices have been way to high!
Dec 15, 2019, 12:57 PM
Trader Rating: 166
Bayou_City_Boy
I had a customer purchase a $150 item last week.

I was going to ship it USPS but the post office said it might take 3 to 5 days to get delivered. Plus they only covered $50 for insurance.

I used my FedEx account Home Delivery and had Garanteed 3 day delivery plus $150 in insurance.

Great, I thought, for the customer! Package wasn't heavy enough for any major cost savings but over all better delivery service for the customer.

Customer got upset and canceled the order because I didn't us USPS!

Go figure.

Latest blog entry: Recovery Update
Dec 15, 2019, 01:03 PM
Trader Rating: 146
Build a scale plane already!!!
Why most my small items get shipping included in the price,, then I get to choose,, if you sell the item "buyer pays shipping" they rightfully think it's their choice since they are the ones paying,,, even though they are paying either way,,

No I'm no a psychologist, I know how people think
Dec 15, 2019, 03:40 PM
Trader Rating: 0
I'm most dissatisfied with Fed-Ex...and I work for them. Those guys can never find my house and they often take one look at my driveway, decide 'I can't get my truck in here', and bugger off.

USPS is my preferred method, following that UPS. I've had Priority Mail boxes arrive ahead of schedule more often than not.
Dec 15, 2019, 03:43 PM
Trader Rating: 21
That thing almost hit me
I like my Fed Ex plane......
Dec 15, 2019, 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayou_city_boy
I had a customer purchase a $150 item last week.

I was going to ship it USPS but the post office said it might take 3 to 5 days to get delivered. Plus they only covered $50 for insurance.

I used my FedEx account Home Delivery and had Garanteed 3 day delivery plus $150 in insurance.

Great, I thought, for the customer! Package wasn't heavy enough for any major cost savings but over all better delivery service for the customer.

Customer got upset and canceled the order because I didn't us USPS!

Go figure.

It could be because they frequently have problems with Fed-Ex, like I always have. If I have the choice I won't use them; their drivers can never find my house and they'll often refuse to attempt delivery when they can because they don't think they can get their van into my driveway. And then, icing on the cake, they'll often require a signature for packages UPS and USPS will drop ship, which is preferrable because I live rural enough that I don't have porch pirates.

Why they do this I can't figure out, becuase I drive a Fed-Ex van myself, and residential deliveries are very rarely deliveries that mandate a signature. 'Bout the only time I have to get a signature on a resi is for wine or something like a Dell laptop.

I wouldn't cancel the order over it though, if I had been your buyer. If you'da offered the choice before committing I'da just said 'Nah don't worry about it I'm fine waiting a few days extra', but that's the end of it, and I wouldn't have cancelled or complained if it was an executive decision on your part.
Dec 15, 2019, 05:48 PM
Bayou_City_Boy
I did offer to ship USPS when he cancelled.
Dec 15, 2019, 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayou_city_boy
I did offer to ship USPS when he cancelled.
yah that buyer is ridiculous.
Dec 21, 2019, 02:40 AM
Trader Rating: 36

Usps

Hi Silvaire

Your quote has pretty much been my experience here in Australia. I must admit of around 600 packages sent USPS to here; Iíve ever only lost one and it was delivered 6months later without return to sender!?

I guess the delivery times are probably slower generally than couriers; but we are just grateful if it shows up at all after 15000km. Regards Garry BromleyQUOTE=silvaire;43247593]It only the major shipping services were even close in their tracking consistency.

With over 20 years of online selling and shipping, I have found FedEx's tracking to be flawless, while errors with USPS tracking are commonplace. I once mailed a $700 eBay sale item by USPS Priority, no extra insurance, but with online verifiable Signature Confirmation. No signature was collected by the postal carrier, nor was the item even scanned as having been delivered. All that the tracking showed was that the item reached the recipient's post office and that it was out for delivery. Even though I had paid for it, no signature was ever recorded. I wasn't about to ask the buyer if he had gotten the item, but a few days later he left me feedback that he was happy with his purchase, which was a huge relief to me. It is not at all uncommon with the USPS to have an item delivered but not scanned as such, let alone receiving consistent scans all the way to delivery. I don't think my experiences with FedEx versus the USPS are unique. It's been years since I have used UPS, so I can't comment on them from recent experience, but I never had any problems when I was using them.[/QUOTE]
Dec 23, 2019, 07:48 PM
Trader Rating: 238
deanz406
I am going through a frustrating situation right now with the USPO. I bought a plane from a member on Dec. 7th. He packed and shipped the plane on Dec 11th from Nashville, TN. Today is Dec 23, and I still haven't received my package. Now, let me ask u-- Here is a package with roughly 44"X 14"X14" dimensions. It is insured for $300.00 and he sent me the tracking number, which I scanned into the USPS tracker. So far, it looks like it has gone 1/2 way, and no further sign of any more movement. How long should it take to go 450 mi?? Even Pony Express would have been faster. How can anyone with any kind of responsibility, and competence lose a package that BIG !!! I am beyond pissed, and I called the toll free number, waited 48 min to talk to a Human Being. She said that it is possible that it is still in the system, and in transit. I contacted the seller, and told him what she said, and he said that was a lot of BS, and I have to agree with him.
I'm going to file or lodge a complaint with the "Postmaster General" in DC, and see if I can get any kind of a response. I seriously doubt it, but at this point I'm 10 clicks above boiling MAD!!
I thought that the Tracking number, and tracking system was supposed to prevent losing packages. Evidently, it's NOT WORKING !! I personally have shipped many items with the USPO, and have never encountered having a lost package situation. I'm at a complete loss of words. I'm going to still raise a lot of Hell for a while, just to see where it leads- probably just disappointment. It is leading me to believe that it was damaged, or smashed during shipment, and the seller is going to have to file a claim. Thank U USPO-- Merry F'kin Xmas !!!!
Last edited by deanz406; Dec 23, 2019 at 08:22 PM.
Dec 23, 2019, 08:44 PM
Bayou_City_Boy
Well, three first class packages haven't shown up for over a week.

Maybe after Christmas.

Quick Reply