Dec 02, 2019, 12:27 PM
Trader Rating: 152
Build a scale plane already!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by humayraykinaon
Just exactly how are these parcels being handle inside the facility?
They get thrown around by machines instead of humans,, pack wisely
to remove ads between posts
Dec 02, 2019, 01:06 PM
Trader Rating: 44
BisDak2
Quote:
Originally Posted by scale_only
They get thrown around by machines instead of humans,, pack wisely
Exactly, that's why pack it good and tape it more than once. I'm a postman so I'm the last person to hand over packages to customer's hand and I don't like packages that are damaged so I stamped it as "arrived damaged", same with letters, I stamped it "received without content" I still get asked about it "why its damaged" I simply give them a phone number to call.
Dec 02, 2019, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by humayraykinaon
Exactly, that's why pack it good and tape it more than once. I'm a postman so I'm the last person to hand over packages to customer's hand and I don't like packages that are damaged so I stamped it as "arrived damaged", same with letters, I stamped it "received without content" I still get asked about it "why its damaged" I simply give them a phone number to call.
I had a guy send me some little rc 3d printed accessories , like these gas cans on my crawler, he just put them in an plain white envelope with a first class stamp,, a month later I get this with only part of my name and part of my address left to read,,

Name: Inked20190306_111359 (1)_LI.jpg
Views: 16
Size: 3.49 MB
Description:
I'd say that was amazing they got it to me,, can't blame USPS for the idiotic packing

So I tell the guy you can't ship something more than 1/4" thick like that,, his answer is "I do it all the time", I'll ship it again,,,, a week later I get this

Name: Inked20190318_115046 (1)_LI.jpg
Views: 31
Size: 4.06 MB
Description:

He just refunded my paypal, I went and paid the USPS ticket
Last edited by scale_only; Dec 02, 2019 at 04:33 PM. Reason: fixed can to can't
Dec 02, 2019, 02:10 PM
Trader Rating: 44
BisDak2
Quote:
Originally Posted by scale_only
I had a guy send me some little rc 3d printed accessories , like these gas cans on my crawler, he just put them in an plain white envelope with a first class stamp,, a month later I get this with only part of my name and part of my address left to read,,

Attachment 12861685
I'd say that was amazing they got it to me,, can't blame USPS for the idiotic packing

So I tell the guy you can ship something more than 1/4" thick like that,, his answer is "I do it all the time", I'll ship it again,,,, a week later I get this

Attachment 12861707

He just refunded my paypal, I went and paid the USPS ticket
That was wrong of him putting anything inside an envelope containing something that can cause jammed to conveyor belt machine

Only your regular postman would know who it belongs to, and between you and me, if I do ever get one of those postage due for only a stamp amount I don't bother leaving a notice slip, I would just put it in the mailbox.
Dec 05, 2019, 11:03 PM
Trader Rating: 147
AMA 72859 Build Baby, Build!

USPS been great. UPS SUCKS!!!!

Became really PO'd at UPS today. I ordered a recumbent bike from the company named after the big river in Brazil. It showed arriving at my local UPS hub and out for delivery this morning. Now, I stayed home today to receive delivery and help with the unloading of the 100+lb bike. I planned for him to back down my driveway and make the delivery easy. The usual UPS truck made at least 6 passes through my neighborhood by 4:00PM. By 6:00PM I had still not received the delivery. Between 6:15PM and 9:15PM I had been in contact with UPS customer service 4 times to confirm delivery. I was promised return calls with status updates and rep#3 guaranteed delivery today (BS). The problem is their CS is off-shore and they will guarantee you a free round trip ticket to the moon with no repercussions. Logic would dictate for them to contact the local distribution hub for a real status update. Apparently they can't do it- FEDEX can!

The off-shore CS rep had the nerve to suggest that my delivery would still arrive by 10:00PM.

So as of now NO recumbent bike. I'll be calling UPS Corporate in Atlanta first thing tomorrow and thank them for wasting my entire day.
I did call AZ and they were not too happy about the run-around I received. I believe they will actually complain to the right person at UPS Corporate.
Dec 06, 2019, 03:02 PM
Trader Rating: 232
!= International Arms Dealer
Quote:
Originally Posted by CryHavoc
Oh, Me,me,me! USPS is the bomb! Thanks USPS!

Mike
Bro.

Bought this to harvest the RF deck. The radio was unscathed, but *click* lol funy picture for the internet.

(the contents description written in the top-left corner is missing the number "6" and the letter "S")

... "Is there anything hazardous, flammable or breakable in this package"
"um... no?"

<<throws box to the floor and stamps on it repeatedly>>

My favorite.

covering the *entire box* in tape then writing the address on it in dry-erase marker is not advised

note - the USPS was still able to get this to me without opening it!
Dec 06, 2019, 05:54 PM
Holy cow,, how many times has that box been used?,, answer One to many
Dec 06, 2019, 07:59 PM
Trader Rating: 81
Mt. Dora, Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by ww2collector
Your seller dropped the ball on that one. He should have cared enough about your purchase to double-box it.
Did the seller charge for shipping or was it factored in? I'll brown wrap most card board boxes for shipping especially with USPS, but I'm also willing to double box anything as long as the buyer is willing to pay the extra for the service. Unfortunately spoiled people think that privates sellers have the same resources that retailers have, but we don't.
Dec 06, 2019, 08:11 PM
Trader Rating: 173
Bayou_City_Boy
I got my FedEx SmartPost account approved. And I shipped my first large package. It was a 60 inch Buckmeister.

SmartPost was $8 cheaper than USPS.

But along with the SmartPost account, I got extra discounts on other services through FedEx. Home delivery was $10 cheaper than USPS.

They say Smart Post delivery can take up to 10 days. However I have never had any take that long. Uses 3 to 5 days.

Home Delivery is usually less expensive and only takes 3 days. Great tracking too.

I've used this service through eBay many times. Unfortunately you cannot use it outside of eBay unless you have an account. You cannot even go to a FedEx facility and ship it SmartPost.

You'll need to apply for a FedEx account first. Once you have your FedEx account number, call FedEx customer support and tell them you want to start a SmartPost account. They will take you information and have a person call you to set up your SmartPost account. Takes about three days.

Hope this helps you guys out.

Don

Last edited by bayou_city_boy; Dec 15, 2019 at 12:49 PM.
Dec 07, 2019, 12:26 PM
Trader Rating: 34
Note dimensional weight. from $36 to $21. $15 savings. Home Delivery it is. That covers nearly all of the ebay fee. I checked my other listings, it doesn't work out this good with many of the others though. Take the best deal, and move on.

Thanks again.
Dec 07, 2019, 02:30 PM
Bayou_City_Boy
Normally in my expetience, it's best to FedEx for heavier larger stuff.

Smaller and lighter stuff is still cheaper thru USPS.

You're right, take the best deal and move on!

Latest blog entry: Recovery Update
Dec 09, 2019, 12:24 PM
Bayou_City_Boy
Another FedEx Home Delivery savings today to FL.
18x11x7
8 lbs
3 day delivery
$150 insurance

Saved $6 over USPS
(only $50 insurance included)

Saved $2 over UPS
(I don't trust UPS anyway)
Last edited by bayou_city_boy; Dec 09, 2019 at 12:57 PM.
Dec 09, 2019, 09:03 PM
Bayou_City_Boy
Today at the post office a lady in front of me had been waiting 2 weeks for a Priority Mail package that was sitting in a post office hub in The Woodlands TX. That's only an hour from us and yet the post office couldn't tell her when it would be delivered to her.

She was extremely upset! I don't blame her. I haven't had an experience that bad with USPS yet.
Latest blog entry: Recovery Update
Dec 10, 2019, 08:26 AM
Trader Rating: 136
Closed Account
All this whining and complaining about guarantee's, delayed packages, etc. Think logically and statistically for a moment of the 100's of thousands of packages sent and delivered daily, weekly, monthly without issue. These few posts and complaints in this thread amount to to a fraction of thimble full of the total volume sent and delivered by any shipper. Absolutely absurd as most things here are.

Have I had a damaged/delayed package or two? Yep. Do I start a thread bitching about it? Nope. Do I stop using USPS? Nope. Just like so many things in today's moronic society you can either complain about it, change, or just suck it up and carry on. I can't recall a time when complaining solved a darn thing.

You want a 99% guarantee of delivery, hand carry it and deliver it yourself. The 1% is that chance that an idiotic cell phone distracted driver with kill you on the way to the buyer. Social media really shows how much whining can really take place in today's society..... So sad.
Dec 10, 2019, 09:00 AM
Trader Rating: 3
Old new guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmrcflyr2
Think logically and statistically for a moment of the 100's of thousands of packages sent and delivered daily, weekly, monthly without issue.
I think you mean 100's of millions. Especially when Amazon was using USPS.

Quick Reply