Dec 05, 2019, 09:39 PM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
FWIW, my servos arrived today - and they are -II

Pictures in the ad are clearly the old ones.

https://www.banggood.com/6X-Emax-ES9..._warehouse=USA

Oh well, took a chance and it didn't work out. I figured the odds of getting the -II were fairly high.
I still have a few of the old ones, so enough for one more model.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 05, 2019, 10:31 PM
Senior to who? Member
Thread OP
I ordered mine on Amazon from a company which also listed the -II so I am hopeful and with Amazon returns are no problem if the product is not right.
Dec 06, 2019, 07:52 AM
Senior to who? Member
Thread OP
Found this "deal" for what appears to be the same as the Das Micro rx sold on Banggood. On Banggood its listed as 3.7v minimum, here its 3.3v and Bangood is $16.99 while Oversky is $9.90 Now that I have Pololus, I'm thinkin of trying this as I can use it regardless of minimum voltage.

http://www.overskyrc.com/24g-5ch-dsm...500-p-523.html
Last edited by crossup; Dec 06, 2019 at 08:04 AM.
Dec 06, 2019, 08:46 AM
Senior to who? Member
Thread OP
Being that I am looking at receivers for other micro projects, I decided to check out (on my scales) comparative weights and it was a real surprise- the largest by far was nearly the lightest and vice versa

Deltang DT31C 210mg
Deltang DT37 295mg
Das Micro Lxi 340mg
Orange 614XN 699mg
Dec 10, 2019, 02:05 PM
Senior to who? Member
Thread OP
So I do not know how I could have missed this and others as well BUT... the Bangood listing is CLEARLY a Deltang DT31C.
Every detail matches right down to it not working on DSM2.

So either they have posted photos of it in lieu of a different receiver OR more likely his supplier has sold him out. I can not imagine David T. is allowing them knowingly to do this.
This effectively cuts the price in half and while I like low prices I also feel this sucks for Deltang.
Last edited by crossup; Dec 16, 2019 at 08:40 AM.
Dec 16, 2019, 08:25 AM
Senior to who? Member
Thread OP
Well my order finally came and it too is the Mk II. I guess some resellers are too lazy to update listing, in this case the seller said they stocked both, with quantites on hand listed. Since it was an Amazon purchase, they will get them back.
Dec 16, 2019, 07:49 PM
Bummer
I ordered some more from ebay, seller insisted they will be original versions.
Even sent me a picture of them as proof. We shall see ......
Dec 16, 2019, 10:05 PM
Senior to who? Member
Thread OP
Man, thats good news but how long is the shipping time actually?

When I did the Amazon return label the address was Frisco, Tx so I got excited thinking I could call them. Turns out the address maybe a UPS store but there is a phone number with the return label so I will call tomorrow to see.
Jan 13, 2020, 09:32 PM
I received my servos today - and they were the new versions of course

At least buying from ebay I should , in theory, be able to get a refund.
But if I have to ship them back that would probably eat up any refund.

crossup - did you ever try the receiver in the OP?

I had one that I bought last year, I finally tried it out. The plane was a little 3D kit I have had for years that I decided to put together - A RaptorGS.
Seemed OK initially, but I was getting some weird servo stutters. Caused a couple of crashes , and turned some snap rolls into loops.
I was not sure if it was the servos or the rcvr. I swapped in a Deltang and flew it again on the weekend, no glitches at all.
So thumbs down on the Dasmikro DSM2 rcvr, time to order some more Deltangs. More expensive, but they just work.
Jan 14, 2020, 08:29 AM
Senior to who? Member
Thread OP
Pat, can you confirm the Rx you speak of say 31C on them?

When I posted the rx was on backorder till Dec22 and I placed an order to get in line. However, once I realized it appeared to be a Deltang or DT clone I cancelled my order. That decision was because I feel bad about supporting pirating of DTs receiver. Also while the price is better than the real DT I have enough F3P receivers and now it looks like the issue with my other DSM receivers can be fixed with a Pololu booster its almost a moot point. And lastly the main reason to have a lot of the DTs was they are so light but I now have a chance to build my own receivers at half the weight for my really micro projects. We will see how that goes but despite my focus on F3P I really hope to build a lot of micro scale planes so it may work out.
Jan 14, 2020, 08:32 AM
Senior to who? Member
Thread OP
Meanwhile I'm at the point in my CF Expedition build I need to have servos ready so I have to get on the stick and see how the 8251 II compare to BA D0313 and whether a motor swap is possible if the Emax are slow(but they will be on 5v so thats why I will compare)

Quick Reply