Nov 22, 2019, 05:00 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Cloud Paramotor

Anyone have this and got it to fly? When I swing over head the wing fills up but it just wants to nose in. Also on the control lines. Two white ones, there doesn’t seem to be tension on it. Is that normal? Anyone know of a setup video for the wing?
to remove ads between posts
Nov 23, 2019, 02:29 AM
Are you talking about the Hacker Cloud 0.5 wing? (https://www.hacker-motor-shop.com/pa...058071&p=11384)
Nov 23, 2019, 09:20 AM
Thread OP
This is the one sold through eBay. She’s all ready to fly. Tried launching it 6 times all with no success.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F223111197602
Nov 23, 2019, 09:22 AM
Thread OP
Looks like it’s the same one.
Nov 23, 2019, 09:24 AM
Thread OP
This one
Nov 23, 2019, 12:36 PM
Yes - itīs the same, so I can try to help you.
My Cloud had too long brake-lines: the wing filled, I could fly, but not steer - so it crashed and I started to fix the length step by step.
If your wing has the tendency to nose down, the brake lines are too short. Some questions first:
- is it your first wing?
- are the servo horns maximal up?
- the servos work correctly?
Then the wing must fill up and start soaring when you throw it softly.
Try this : make the servo horns down and start - the wing should not fill at all. Does it?
Next step: you must make the brake lines longer - not easy with their (stupid) connection of the brake lines to the servo horn.
I took new break lines , drilled a 1,2 mm hole in the servo horn and connected the brake line with a knot ( trditional method, much better, easy to adjust the length of the lines).
Then you start with longer brake lines like this:
- arms up - the wing must fill , arms down : not fill - if it fills, make them shorter - and try again - the basic stup is : wing fills with arms up and
does not fill with arms down.
If you have this, you can make your first flight - never before.
This wing doesnīt like wind- max. 2 bf - take a 2200 3s battery, this wing loves weight.
If all works, go to 4s - itīs an excellent acro wing - my fav. battery is a 1800 4s , if itīs windy I add another 100g of weight.
Itīs some work to make this wing fly - but itīs worth, you will see.
Good luck, Rainer
Nov 26, 2019, 04:16 PM
Thread OP
Yeah the brake lines seams too long. Will shorten them a little. This is my first wing. It does seam like it’s too heavy. Even ordered some 1650 packs to see if it helps. The wing does fill up nicely but as soon as I let go with very little throttle it noses down to the ground

Quick Reply