This thread is privately moderated by PittSpecial, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Nov 21, 2019, 07:14 PM
Right Rudder
Thread OP
Discussion

Measurements for 3D Printed Engine Project - PZ T-28 Trojan 1.1m version

Peter,
Here's the measurements and so sorry some are in "INCHES" because we are so used to dealing with that scale!
For those others who are truly interested in Peter's Work then, you can visit his web site over at:
http://motorattrappen.de/
Last edited by PittSpecial; Nov 26, 2019 at 01:50 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 22, 2019, 02:53 AM

Thank you!

I think I can do something with that.

Since the scale is quite small i have to check how small the details can be, so that they can be printed reliable. I will take the attached photo as a template.

It seems that the stock front plate cylinders are molded quite far to the rim of the cowl. Do you think its possible to cut the frontplate out and get a nice circular edge on the cowl that still looks scale?

Best Regards,

Peter
Nov 22, 2019, 04:00 AM
Right Rudder
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter from GER
I think I can do something with that.

Since the scale is quite small i have to check how small the details can be, so that they can be printed reliable. I will take the attached photo as a template.

It seems that the stock front plate cylinders are molded quite far to the rim of the cowl. Do you think its possible to cut the frontplate out and get a nice circular edge on the cowl that still looks scale?

Best Regards,

Peter
Peter,

SURE! Cutting out that Ugly molded False Cylinder Engine Mold is no problem and look forward to it.

I would cut into the Cowl some to allow for additional details of "your" 3D Printer Cylinder creation and will not have any trouble living with it, just like I did with the E-Flite AT6 Texan.

Carlos
Nov 22, 2019, 05:36 AM

Quesions...

Sorry Carlos,

but it may be that I have a bunch of questions during the process.

It seems on your pictures, that different motors can be used. What is the diameter of the biggest one?

What is the diameter of the biggest Prop-Mounting-Plate.

So it is not the E-FLITE T-28 TROJAN 1,2M?

Is it this: Parkzone T-28 Trojan 1.1m?

I will make the design so, that no part has a thickness of more than 30 mm. In this case the shipping to the states is only 9 Euros.

I will not be online until Sunday evening. I am spending the weekend with a few friends in a small guesthouse in the middle of a forest to play "Schafkopf" which is a popular Bavarian Card Game.

Best Regards,

Peter
Nov 24, 2019, 07:11 AM
Right Rudder
Thread OP
Greetings Peter,

1. The motors that I was dealing with at the same Diameter (30mm). These are both the BLACK Stock 15 and 480 by Park Zone.

2. Propeller Mounting Plate? I believe you mean the Propeller Adapter? If so, then, they are the same or at least I use the old style with set screw as I do not like the pressure collect type.

3. These measurements are for the 1.1meter span (44-inch wing span) Park Zone T-28D (Airforce) Trojan. The NAVY (White) version is identical.

4. If you feel that this model is too small due to scale effects and parts will be too small and brittle as the person takes parts out of the molds then, do not make and wait for someone that has a slightly larger model such as the 1.2Meter Span.

Hope these answers help!
Nov 24, 2019, 10:41 AM

Thanks!

Thank you Carlos,

I think I can do some work with this. I will work something out and come back to you as soon as i have the basic layout done to get your comments as early in the process as possible.

Nice airport you have there as seen on the video.

Ours is not so luxurious but we have the largest paved runway of all german model airfields.

https://www.djk-karbach.de/modellflu...dellflugplatz/

Best Regards,

Peter
Nov 24, 2019, 10:53 AM
Right Rudder
Thread OP
Peter,

Very nice RC Club and Runway(s) you have at your GERMANY.

I Love the country view as you don't have to worry about houses and other main roads like we do!

Our RC Club here in Titusville, Florida is not for everyone as we have Houses at the East and the main Interstate (I-95) on the West plus a Brackish Water Man-Made Lake to the South. This Lake was made to dig up for the Interstate (I-95). Many people seem to have issues because they worry about the Lake. We tell them, don't worry we have a row boat! HA!

Here's an early picture of our Runway approach coming from the South and over the Lake.

Nov 26, 2019, 04:30 PM

Work in Progress

So, I think I got the basic design idea figured out.

I keep you advised…

Best Regards,

Peter
Nov 26, 2019, 07:59 PM
Right Rudder
Thread OP
Peter!

Look terrific!

Thanks for the updates and the Bell Housing looks great and large!
Nov 28, 2019, 12:58 PM

Wip

I have the basic parts ready. Still some detailing required and the ignition harness and pushrods still missing.

It will be much more easy to print than the Wasp.

Regards,

Peter
Nov 28, 2019, 01:19 PM
Right Rudder
Thread OP
Peter,

Looks very very good and can't wait for the 3D Printer to do it's magic.
Nov 28, 2019, 06:41 PM

Printing

Hi Carlos,

I was real hardworking today and have all parts for the prototype print ready. The weather here is windy, rainy and we have 34 degrees. So perfect for sitting at the computer.

The printers will do the job through the night and I will build the first prototype tomorrow.

You will be the first to see it. I think it will be a real beauty!

I ordered one spare cowling for the Parkzone T 28 and as soon as it is here I will make the final adjustments. You will get the engine as fast as possible....

All the parts are less than 30mm so the shipping will be around 10$. It also is smaller than the Wasp and has less parts. Printing time is only half of the AT-6 Engine. So I think I could lower the prize a little when someone else would want to by a complete kit.

I learned, that the e-flite trojan does not have an extra cowling. It seems to be built in in the fuselage. The dummy engine is just a front plate.

Do you know somebody who has one, so we could do some measuring…

The Carbon-Z Trojan (2m span) will be available again for a limited time in Europe and i will buy me one for Christmas. For that, I could do a really big engine bust with lot more details…

Best Regards from Germany,

Peter
Nov 28, 2019, 07:38 PM
Right Rudder
Thread OP
Peter,

I am very excited as I have both Park Zone T-28 Trojans in my fleet.

The Discontinued Park Zone T-28D "Airforce" (Gray molded Color Foam) and the newer NAVY re-Released T-28 Trojan NAVY (WHITE) and both are 1.1m (44-Inch Wing Span).

Yes, that is one BIG reason I have not purchased the large E-Flite Models as both the P-47 and T-28 Trojans have the built-in Cowl and are PART OF THE FUSE!!!

If you crack up the model you would need to Purchase the Entire FUSE as there is NO COWL to Replace!

Okay, no hurry but, you made my day!

Let me know when you will be ready to ship and I will send over the $$$.

Carlos
Nov 30, 2019, 05:59 AM

Here we are

Hi Carlos,

I like to introduce the first prototype of the Wright 1820-86 for the Parkzone T-28.

I think it is beautiful.

There are still some flaws in the design. I have to make the ignition harness bigger and move it back 5 mms. Then the cables run in a more realistic manner.

I used white cable to lighten up the all in all appearance but, of course, you can choose your own favorite color.

I am looking forward for your feedback.

Best Regards,

Peter
Nov 30, 2019, 02:05 PM
Right Rudder
Thread OP
Peter!

That is amazing! It is just a work of Art.

Love what you are doing!

The good news "IS" that the 1.1m Park Zone T-28 Trojan's Cowling is easier to Cut and Trim!

Quick Reply