Mar 13, 2005, 11:28 AM
Thread OP

Flying at the Chandler Bowl V6

New Thread, as requested......

Anyone fly today? I was putting for pattern plane back together. Seemed a little windy.
Last edited by shzaz28; Mar 14, 2005 at 01:24 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 14, 2005, 02:38 AM
Off 2 The Edge of Reality
I didn't show up since by the time I was able to get outside it was 3pm and you all know what that means.
Mar 15, 2005, 07:34 PM
Thermals the path to elevation
During the last three trips to CB there have been no other flyers, except in one case there was someone flying a pattern plane. I hope it's the weather that caused a drop in RC use, and not the new rules.

I must say when flying the mini-helicopters the flight boundary (poles) seems too far from the flight line. It's a hike out there to pick up your aircraft, and if the field ever gets busy you'll find yourself under all the traffic.
Mar 16, 2005, 03:28 AM
Has anyone heard from Dave, I wanted to chat with him about the hummingbird I picked up off of him a few months ago.
Mar 17, 2005, 09:49 PM
Thread OP
ok, I guess the bowl is dying! someone help! MEDIC, MEDIC!
Mar 17, 2005, 10:22 PM
Yeah, I've pretty much tossed my shovel of dirt on the grave. After all the arguing and threats I don't have any interest in flying there anymore.

Joe
Mar 17, 2005, 10:39 PM
Thread OP
Come on now! We've got a place where we know we can fly! People fear change, sad but true. Chandler spent money just thinking about this. THANK YOU CHANDLER! They could have just said Ummmm, NO! Please find somewhere else to fly" PERIOD. I don't know all of you but do say "Thanks!" (Yes, you too Justin (birdofprey)!) for making this happen. I'm sure some of you will dislike my opinion but that's OK. There are so many cool places to fly at that it we really can say ""I think I'll fly this plane here on this day and this one on this day here." Lots of great clubs out are out there with different landscapes.

This is a great hobby. I think that it just opens up the door for expansion into other parts of the hobby. Who out there does thermal (I’m new) vs./ 3-D? That’s my view. What? I get to buy more and different aircraft, DARN !
Last edited by shzaz28; Mar 17, 2005 at 10:44 PM.
Mar 17, 2005, 10:57 PM
Thread OP
By the way. One of they guys, BirdofPrey, who helped to support this does makes pushers for a living! Hit his site www.edgerc.com he's got some cool stuff. Gotta check out the videos!
Mar 19, 2005, 01:17 AM
Flying RC Since 1968
Ditto shzaz28!

Hey Joe, I used that shovel of dirt to fill in a few gopher holes.

I'll be there sometime in the am saturday.

Mike
Mar 19, 2005, 01:24 AM
Thread OP
Life On The Cb V6!
Mar 19, 2005, 01:29 AM
Silent Flight
Gophers?

I need to return to the CB for a site inspection, for sure! Those furry diggers create more liability issues in parks than flying wings and gassers, combined!

daveWCO (Wildlife Control Operator)
Mar 21, 2005, 03:29 PM

Holes

The slope is full of little dirt mounds and holes.

O O
O O
O O O
O
O O O

O O O

It looks like that
Mar 21, 2005, 06:13 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! I wondered about that, however I have yet to see on running around! Guess we need to have a few golfers out there to see some action.
Mar 21, 2005, 07:04 PM
Everyonce in a while they stick their heads out and sniff at you. My girlfriend was more excited about the gopher than flying
Mar 21, 2005, 07:23 PM
My wife & son would want to pet it and play with it. One of them would end up being bit for sure. Besides, there are other things to get bit by over there as well if you are not careful. Tons of spiders and ants, but it is a fun place to fly.

Quick Reply