Nov 19, 2019, 02:46 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Hello everyone! New to the forum but not to the hobby!

Hello Everyone!

My name is Jeremy and I am 14 years old. I am new to this forum but not new to the hobby. I have been driving and flying small RC cars, helicopters and quadcopters for at least 4 years. I didn't get into airplanes until last November. I have been really enjoying the hobby. Since last year, I have built a number on FliteTest Foam Board plane and I bought a WLtoys F949. I can't afford to buy big planes from horizonhobby, motionRC, hobbyking, etc. So that is why I am sticking with foam board airplanes, they are all that I can afford.

I am looking forward to gathering and learning new information on here.

Jeremy
to remove ads between posts
Nov 21, 2019, 02:16 PM
Im sure you watch FT as you build their aircraft, but you can build some fantastic looking aitcraft in the 60-100" span range out of foam board! Dont be shy i have seen everything from scale airliners to corsairs made of fiamboard!! Even hepled launch a foamboard XB-70 once that was over 10 ft long!!

Have fun!!

Ps. Building airframes that cost only a few dollars is awsome isnt it!!!
Last edited by sparrow1; Nov 21, 2019 at 02:22 PM.
Nov 22, 2019, 08:40 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparrow1
Im sure you watch FT as you build their aircraft, but you can build some fantastic looking aitcraft in the 60-100" span range out of foam board! Dont be shy i have seen everything from scale airliners to corsairs made of fiamboard!! Even hepled launch a foamboard XB-70 once that was over 10 ft long!!

Have fun!!

Ps. Building airframes that cost only a few dollars is awsome isnt it!!!
Yes, I have seen some of the big builds that they have done, it's pretty cool! I haven't tried my hand at building a airplane that big though. The biggest plane I have flown had a 45" wing span.(I know not that impressive, but its all that I can afford)

My problem with building big planes is not buying the foam, it's more buying the electronics. Right now, I have 2 power systems set up. One is for a small plane and one if for a bigger size plane. So once I have flown the daylights out of the current plane, I take the electronics out of it and build a different one.

Jeremy

Quick Reply