Nov 24, 2019, 08:43 PM
FireHawx
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanuser
my radio does all 3, (its not a taranis) but I prefer FrSky because i've had the best luck with it. simplicity/price/range/performance/low weight.

for me DSM(x) and Flysky had less range and/or odd binding hoops. especially around my metal sided house.
all of us have opinions of what we like and why. a little experimentation in this hobby is key for best results.
I would guess you are using a Jumper radio? I am considering get a Jumper for my next Tx. They were just coming around when I picked up an Evo which is great for backyard/park flying. I wasn't sure if Jumper was just a one-off gimmick or a real hobby grade radio. Now I see they are here to stay so it will be my next purchase in the radio department. And I agree, experimenting is a great aspect of the hobby that we should all embrace.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 24, 2019, 08:46 PM
Are we not men? We are DEVO!
Nope. I'm old school. Devo7e. Still rocking the stock switches too.
Nov 25, 2019, 04:26 PM
Prefectionist
Tick Tock NBD, just like last year, the bee brain light was the best brushed board, but it came out soo late compared to the competition.
Nov 25, 2019, 11:59 PM
130 lol. Anyways. I'll take an FC tho.
Nov 26, 2019, 12:12 AM
run
run
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serge Roth
But how are 1s batteries going to be able to handle that sort of current? No way, Jose...
I wonder if the overage is really for stuff like turtle mode, or crashes, and other transient but ludicrous power spikes .where you basically dump all power through one motor and fets shoot off like popcorn. If you're not cognizant of this issue (esp. turtle mode with a blocked motor) it's *really* easy to blow a fet - if normal flight with blocked motors. With ratings like this you could practically set a tinywhoop battery on fire before nuking a fet.
Nov 26, 2019, 07:44 AM
Prefectionist
The picture in this thread looks nothing like the pictures on the pre-order page.
It doesn't say if VTX is integrated onto board or not. The Receiver isn't.

It's 3.5 grams heavier than the Meteor 65.
Nov 26, 2019, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by creapyd
The picture in this thread looks nothing like the pictures on the pre-order page.
It doesn't say if VTX is integrated onto board or not. The Receiver isn't.

It's 3.5 grams heavier than the Meteor 65.
I think they're two separate releases actually. The one that's up for pre-order is the BeeBrain brushless, the other is the hummingbird brushless.
Nov 26, 2019, 05:51 PM
Prefectionist
both this post, and the pre-order say betaflight for flightcontroller, not silverware. But there is a little hummingbird symbol on the board in the first post.
Dec 04, 2019, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Come on man.. We need DSMX love !!
Horizon Hobby has an excellent lineup of UMX airplanes that you can't really use without a DSMX transmitter. I kinda feel the love, but I don't feel $700 (the current price of a iX12) kind of love. Maybe Jumper T12 will revive DSMX.

Quick Reply