New FC for TinyWhoops Coming Soon from NewBeeDrone

NewBeeDrone has a new Flight Controller due to arrive the middle of December. We don't have a ton of details just yet, but they did say it is a brushless controller from the Hummingbird family.

Splash

1S Brushless TinyWhoop FC

NewBeeDrone has a new Flight Controller due to arrive the middle of December. We don't have a ton of details just yet, but they did say it is a brushless controller from the Hummingbird family. Here's the list of specs that were posted.

• Betaflight base 1S
  • DShot600
  • BB21 ESC Chips
  • Supports RPM Filter F411
  • BetaflightOSD
  • 12A Per Channel
  • Frsky, Futaba SPI diversity rx built in
  • Current Sensor
  • RGB LED Control
  • Plug N Play with NBD Cam/Vtx

Look for more info at the end of this month at the NewBeeDrone Site Here

Nov 18, 2019, 09:27 AM
Get your fine tip soldering irons ready boiz
Nov 18, 2019, 09:31 AM
Are those actual solder pads for motor wires I see, about damn time. Desoldering connectors and soldering motor wires to the tiny through holes is a royal PIA.
Nov 18, 2019, 10:11 AM
BisDak2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwaysbless
Get your fine tip soldering irons ready boiz
Don't forget the magnifying lens with light to see those pads in a much larger picture
Nov 18, 2019, 10:12 AM
Are not men? We are DEVO! (7e)
what does
Quote:
Betaflight base 1S
mean?
Nov 18, 2019, 10:18 AM
Prefectionist
No DSM(X) to start?
No built in VTX like the BBL?

I guess it's not worth waiting and I'll just order the Meteor 65
Nov 18, 2019, 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by creapyd
No DSM(X) to start?
No built in VTX like the BBL?

I guess it's not worth waiting and I'll just order the Meteor 65
I have the new 2.1 betafpv board in a couple of whoops. And while it's great, there's no bidirectional dshot support. Now, I haven't flown a whoop with B-dshot, but from what I've heard and seen on videos, it can make quite a difference in handling so I'm very curious about this new board. Also the betafpv board doesn't have a built in VTX either, and the new happymodel board has receiver diversity so that's a nice trick.
Nov 19, 2019, 08:16 AM
What kind of motors and or batteries do you need to draw that kind of amperage on 1s? I guess were gonna see some pretty killer stuff next year from the sounds of it.
Nov 19, 2019, 08:21 AM
RC-addicted
But how are 1s batteries going to be able to handle that sort of current? No way, Jose...
Nov 22, 2019, 09:18 AM
run
run
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanuser
what does [Betaflight base 1S] mean?
They're putting out a number of boards meant for Silverware only - I assume they're just clarifying that this is a betaflight board, not silverware.
Nov 22, 2019, 11:50 PM

No DSMX???

Come on man.. We need DSMX love !!
Nov 23, 2019, 12:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleEyeAv8tr
Come on man.. We need DSMX love !!
We do?
Don't get me wrong i have a DSMX capable radio, but I WAY prefer the frsky side of it for range/stability.
Nov 23, 2019, 12:53 AM
FireHawx
What about FlySky? I use DSMX on my jets/winged planes, Spektrum is just not putting allot of focus on micro quads. Been using DSMX/dsm2 for 12years+ without issue. They are a solid USER FRIENDLY radio system, unlike FrSky (IMO). If FrSky could put together a more user friendly interface like Spektrum they would be king of the hill for sure!
Nov 23, 2019, 02:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireHawx
What about FlySky? I use DSMX on my jets/winged planes, Spektrum is just not putting allot of focus on micro quads. Been using DSMX/dsm2 for 12years+ without issue. They are a solid USER FRIENDLY radio system, unlike FrSky (IMO). If FrSky could put together a more user friendly interface like Spektrum they would be king of the hill for sure!
my radio does all 3, (its not a taranis) but I prefer FrSky because i've had the best luck with it. simplicity/price/range/performance/low weight.

for me DSM(x) and Flysky had less range and/or odd binding hoops. especially around my metal sided house.
all of us have opinions of what we like and why. a little experimentation in this hobby is key for best results.
Last edited by xanuser; Nov 23, 2019 at 12:09 PM.
Nov 23, 2019, 12:06 PM
Quad Erat Demonstrandum
+1 for Flysky , outside of Corona its the most stable and reliable protocol i've used. I also echo Serge's comment , all these features are great and more capable Esc's and FC are of course very welcome but batteries are lagging woefully behind.

Quick Reply