Nov 18, 2019, 12:03 PM
Latitudes vs Attitudes
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankg
I donít know about you guys but around the boat yards around here we always thought of VIKING YACHTS as being a rich manís boat.
Is there any such thing as a poor man's boat anymore?
Latest blog entry: Mark V Navy Seal SOC
to remove ads between posts
Nov 19, 2019, 12:59 PM
Onward and Upward.
Wow, this brings back memories. My Dad used to sell yachts down on the shore around Pt. Pleasant and Manasquan. This is neat, thanks.
Nov 19, 2019, 06:34 PM
Back in the day there was hardly any river, inlet, or body of water that did not have either a boat builder or boat yard sitting on its shoreline setup and doing business, Many of the builders where well aware of whist the other builders were doing as far as style, quantity, quality of the competition, and many of them offered the boats and yachts through distributors nationwide.

Many of the boat builders could trace their linage back centuries, to the time of the revolutionary war.
Nov 19, 2019, 08:52 PM
A man without religion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Gaito
Is there any such thing as a poor man's boat anymore?
Yes, an inflatable kayak.
Nov 19, 2019, 10:53 PM
rrg
rrg
Quote:
Sorry I couldn't find any wooden Jerseys but here's a typical jersey SF... Bill, almost all the above boats have a common thread-designer David Martin.
I love the price on the 33footer, $11.950.00. A lot of money back then...
Nov 20, 2019, 11:20 AM
Rrg- $12,000 sounds like a lot of money back then but thr JERSEY 33í was a lot of boat.
Nov 20, 2019, 09:16 PM
jrhilde

and some others

Hatteras, Cabo, Bertram, may not be Jersey Shore boats, but great sport fishers --
Nov 20, 2019, 09:18 PM
jrhilde
All you sport fisherman fanatics, pull up Cabo San Lucas shotgun start--I would post the link but haven't been on board long enough to learn the ropes --
Nov 20, 2019, 09:30 PM
Latitudes vs Attitudes
Thread OP
Welcome jrhilde..no lie I was in the Bayshore Mako tournanent shotgun start with the above boat in 1967(when the Pacemaker was new) and it was VERY similar!
Extreme shotgun start in the Tuna Jackpot in Cabo San Lucas Nov. 2010 (1 min 41 sec)

Bob Entenman , himself, would drop a coffee cake in everyone's outstretched crab net and the gun would fire ... then all throttles to the corners from the marina to the inlet...I think for safety sake they now have modified the procedure..
Nov 21, 2019, 06:43 AM
Lot of water; some gets thin
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhilde
Hatteras, Cabo, Bertram, may not be Jersey Shore boats, but great sport fishers --
Not to mention Rybovich.
Nov 21, 2019, 08:07 AM
Latitudes vs Attitudes
Thread OP
As long as we are bringing up Floridian boats-I throw out there an aluminum SF -Stryker
Last edited by Bob Gaito; Nov 21, 2019 at 08:17 AM.
Nov 21, 2019, 08:23 AM
Latitudes vs Attitudes
Thread OP
Bill-didn't you have one of these? Well I don't have the boat but I grabbed a brochure in the '70s...
Nov 21, 2019, 08:36 AM
Lot of water; some gets thin
Quote:
Bill-didn't you have one of these? Well I don't have the boat but I grabbed a brochure in the '70s...
I did Bob. Mine had a t-top ,oxygen tent, outriggers and a gin pole.

Quick Reply