This thread is privately moderated by turbinefancy, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Nov 16, 2019, 05:31 PM
FPV Air Combat Nut!
Thread OP
Discussion

FPV Tight Formation & Team Aerobatics

I have always loved flying formation with buddies at the field. But with limitations of depth perception from ground station, one can never gauge the exact relative position of the different planes resulting in planes being too far apart or mid-air collision. With head-tracking FPV, one can judge relative position as well as full scale guys. It's much easier than LOS to tighten up formation flying. Just takes a little practice and a smooth lead pilot to make it possible. I want to eventually fly warbird formation like the Horseman display team. For now just starting out with barrel rolls and other simple maneuvers. Not bad for only about a handful of flights training together. Enjoy!

FPV RC Plane Dogfight & Formation Aerobatics (4 min 40 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Nov 17, 2019, 04:42 PM
That's pretty cool! now I have to do it too!!
Nov 17, 2019, 05:46 PM
FPV Air Combat Nut!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by DadaSauce
That's pretty cool! now I have to do it too!!
That’s the spirit! Forgot to mention, it’s also a lot of fun among friends flying toward a common goal.

Sharing footage from another friend’s lead plane looking back at mine in tight formation and another one trailing behind.

FPV GoPro 7 (4 min 29 sec)

Quick Reply