Nov 14, 2019, 04:42 PM
PLP
Trader Rating: 3
PLP
Thread OP
Discussion

Here's an Idea...

Don't just suppose someone is a scammer because he/or she is new or with a low Trader Rating number. Most times its not the case and just RC Groups Trader Talk hysteria.

The numbers mean zilch, nada, nothing. If it did when the seller recieved payment for what he was selling, he would immediately go and give a feedback on the purchaser (the purchaser has completed their end of the bargain) no need to wait to see if purchaser is happy with it and to see if or what kind of feedback they will leave on you. Most sellers here never to go back to give a feedback after the deal is completed (even if they get on from the purchaser first), unless asked for. Sellers, take it for granted, that if the purchaser is happy and you have given feedback on them, that they will return the act.

Never, Ever start or go through with a deal unless both parties have given their physical address, E-mail address, and phone numbers, if one or the other refuses... go somewhere else! Deals that involve larger sums... Talk to them in person and make sure what is to take place is fully understood by all, and agreed to by all.

Then of course use a secure form of payment, But most important is communication, communication, communication...

Phil
to remove ads between posts
Nov 14, 2019, 05:12 PM
Old new guy
I agree, but...

If you don't use F&F or MO, you can always get the money back. For me, form of payment is most important. The other steps are logical, and should be part of EVERY transaction, EVERYWHERE.
Nov 14, 2019, 05:34 PM
Trader Rating: 137
Bellanca Kruesair
"Numbers mean nothing " . They mean something to me ! I may still buy from a noobie, but I do my homework, and play by the rules... That's what happens most often here.. People don't follow the basic instructions put forth in the stickies, and then have to report that they've been stupid and want help getting their money back.
Phone numbers aren't part of any deal. RC Groups is set up to provide safe and easy transactions without texts or calls.
Latest blog entry: Ban Birds.
Nov 14, 2019, 05:36 PM
Trader Rating: 133
AMA 72859 Build Baby, Build!
Nonsense...From my experience, I've received feedback on 70% of my deals here and I find it's usually the inexperienced seller (Low feedback) that does not leave it (common excuse...I can't figure out how to leave a rating)- not the one with many deals. No doubt communication is important and often taken for granted by sellers of all experience levels. But as X stated, if you stick to the rules and use Paypal Goods and Services for payment you're covered.

I only ever have had one problem with a transaction here (Paypal to the rescue), and that person is no longer allowed to sell on RCG.
Last edited by ww2collector; Nov 15, 2019 at 02:12 AM. Reason: add
Nov 14, 2019, 11:14 PM
Trader Rating: 78
I rather disagree as the numbers do mean something. It's how you evaluate and value the number, or numbers, that's important. Without the "numbers" none of this (TRs or otherwise) would have any value. In other words, it would all be worthless. Thus your own due diligence and patience have value. Just my two cents.
Nov 15, 2019, 08:36 AM
Trader Rating: 143
Build a scale plane already!!!
I've managed to build pretty good feedback on several platforms both buying and selling by assessing each person individually and not applying a predetermined set of Must Dos to each. Each Buyer or Seller is unique with different histories, different levels of forum credibility, each situation requires different levels of scrutiny and/or trust.

Feedback does matter, it shows a pattern off success or failure,, Does it guarantee there will be no mistakes or delays,, of course not,, but it sure is better than not having a feedback system at all.. Defiantly a valuable resource. IMO
Nov 15, 2019, 11:37 AM
Trader Rating: 26
PLP, your rating on WF says no refund. Is that current? I thought you got refunded? It might matter. I respect how WF didn't give you a negative rating back for it. There is experience at work there. I've revised my ratings in the past when things were resolved.

Only on RCG, this guy still a member after cheating so many on his way out of the hobby, then posts he's got something for sale outside of the classifieds a year later to avoid exposure? https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...817184-3dchris RCU would have banned him permanently, ebay too.
Last edited by balsa-n-glow; Nov 15, 2019 at 11:43 AM. Reason: crux of the problem is the venue, added example
Nov 15, 2019, 12:24 PM
PLP
PLP
Thread OP
Editing doesn't allow changing the title of a rating apparently. But I did change it to stating that the refund was finally made, I Won't do any more than that as long as he insist that he had no way to contact me as to delays in both shipping and/or to making the refund. I had in one of my first PM's to him (and that he replied to) given him my full name, physical address, E-mail address, and phone number. This was even before my sending him the payment. As to My PM's not working until the very last day I was both receiving and replying to PM's from others.

Refund was finally made.

Phil
Nov 15, 2019, 12:37 PM
my bad miss read,,

But you can delete that feedback and leave a new one if you wanted to change it

good to see you got the refund like Lewis Promised
Nov 15, 2019, 01:09 PM
Trader Rating: 326
I suggest you just buy at a hobby shop and not online as you are one of those buyers that wants his hand held by the seller till the item is delivered.
I don't give out my phone number as I don't want calls at 3 am from some clown in CA that has no idea about time zones.
I sell and ship thru PayPal.When Item is shipped tracking is posted in paypal and they are supposed to send the buyer an email with the update.It is real simple.Everyone is protected.
If you haven't signed up for a free usps informed delivery account you should do so as it will show all packages headed to you when they are accepted at a post office.ups and fedex has the same type of programs.
Nov 15, 2019, 01:25 PM
Trader Rating: 53
You should edit your rating title. Because right now you are lying! The does say no refund, but in fact you said you got it! And yes you got it after you left a rating. If you cannot edit the rating. Then delete it and start a new one.
Nov 15, 2019, 01:41 PM
Last edited by balsa-n-glow; Nov 27, 2019 at 08:44 AM.
Nov 24, 2019, 04:15 PM
Trader Rating: 50
Thanks Wilber and Orville !.
Part of my deals also. But no calls from clowns where ever you live.
Nov 24, 2019, 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLP
Editing doesn't allow changing the title of a rating apparently. But I did change it to stating that the refund was finally made, I Won't do any more than that as long as he insist that he had no way to contact me as to delays in both shipping and/or to making the refund. I had in one of my first PM's to him (and that he replied to) given him my full name, physical address, E-mail address, and phone number. This was even before my sending him the payment. As to My PM's not working until the very last day I was both receiving and replying to PM's from others.

Refund was finally made.

Phil
OK,, it's been a while, tit for tat I guess,, but when are you going to edit that feedback?

You got a refund,, your feedback is False
Nov 24, 2019, 06:53 PM
Last edited by balsa-n-glow; Nov 27, 2019 at 08:44 AM.

Quick Reply