This thread is privately moderated by Cox PT-19, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Nov 14, 2019, 04:35 PM
Kim
Thread OP
Discussion

Throttlable Medallion for the Goldberg "Ranger 42"!!!!

Thanks to the extreme generosity of one of my flying buds over on the Cox Engine Forum, my currently un-throttled Carl Goldberg "Ranger 42" will be cruising next summer's S.M.A.L.L. Skys behind a vintage "barrel throttle" Medallion .049.

Medallions are sort of an "interim" engine between the good-natured reedies and high-compression Tee Dee engines, and like the Tee Dees, are beam-mounted and will only run in one direction.

The Ranger presently has a Medallion .049 that runs wide open 'till it's fuel is gone and then glides in for a landing. This engine will allow low/slow passes down the flightline, along with the option to land at will (flying bud Tony will once again be asked to step up for these as I shoot some video/photos of the moment!).

Gonna be a fun summer!
Thanks Rene !!!!!!
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply