Nov 14, 2019, 02:55 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Stumax???

Is Stumax still in business???...I sent him an email and have received no response. While you are looking/reading this—Have any of you used or witnessed one of the Stumax 120mm fan units in use???

Kevin
to remove ads between posts
Nov 14, 2019, 03:09 PM
2020 EDF Jet Jam
MCSGuy is a Big fan of Stu's fans.
Lear45 has one of his 120's
Nov 14, 2019, 03:34 PM
Pro Hoarder
Mike Warren is /was a dealer..He would know
Latest blog entry: In flight
Nov 14, 2019, 04:34 PM
I have a SM120 on 14S.
All I've done is bench run it so far. I don't have thrust numbers, but I think it'll be a stump-puller at 7KW.
Nov 14, 2019, 04:43 PM
jofro
Guys, Australian economy is in total nose-down! If they didn't dig that bit of dirt from down under you could easily say it's a banana Republic!
Nov 14, 2019, 04:54 PM
Swat Team Member
Not only that his fan was stolen and copied massed produced, which is not cool at all.
P. Richards aka SwatTeam
Old Nov 14, 2019, 09:57 PM
Kevin Greene
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Trolling (Provocation). It is temporarily hidden while Kevin Greene edits it.
Nov 14, 2019, 10:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P. Richards
Not only that his fan was stolen and copied massed produced, which is not cool at all.
P. Richards aka SwatTeam
what company or who did this?
Latest blog entry: "Is that a Turbine?" Not...
Nov 15, 2019, 12:09 AM
Classic jets rule
Change sum i believe.
Nov 15, 2019, 07:49 AM
Thread OP
I just received a PM from Jofro... The title of the PM was “WARNING”....In his PM he told me to stop provoking and prodding in these forums...Due to his threat I’m working on having him banned from RCG... Which would be a positive thing for all of us. I haven’t ever gone on the offensive to provoke or prodd anyone...But I will defend myself and the content of my thread...Enough of this!

I called Stuart of Stumax and asked him to take a look at my email and get back to me...He said that he just got back from Italy (so much for Australia being broke as a whole) and was jet lagged. If the Stumax 120mm fan doesn’t work out I’m also interested in purchasing a Schubeler 120mm fan in the new DS AXI series with the affordable injection molded blades. Either fan unit is slated to be installed in my SkyMaster 1/6.5 scale F-86 that’s currently set up for turbine power.— The F-86with the 70”-ish wingspan on 12-14S. I can’t wait to get started!!!

Kevin
Nov 15, 2019, 11:12 AM
Jim H
Kevin,
I can't wait to see it! You planing to do a thread on it?
Nov 15, 2019, 01:15 PM
2020 EDF Jet Jam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Greene
I just received a PM from Jofro... The title of the PM was “WARNING”....In his PM he told me to stop provoking and prodding in these forums...Due to his threat I’m working on having him banned from RCG... Which would be a positive thing for all of us. I haven’t ever gone on the offensive to provoke or prodd anyone...But I will defend myself and the content of my thread...Enough of this!

I called Stuart of Stumax and asked him to take a look at my email and get back to me...He said that he just got back from Italy (so much for Australia being broke as a whole) and was jet lagged. If the Stumax 120mm fan doesn’t work out I’m also interested in purchasing a Schubeler 120mm fan in the new DS AXI series with the affordable injection molded blades. Either fan unit is slated to be installed in my SkyMaster 1/6.5 scale F-86 that’s currently set up for turbine power.— The F-86with the 70”-ish wingspan on 12-14S. I can’t wait to get started!!!

Kevin
Kevin,
I believe another Aussie Gregg did that very Sabre with Stu's 100 mm fan. Flies great BTW.
Nov 15, 2019, 01:21 PM
2020 EDF Jet Jam
Found it. Stumax 110

E-Jet Meeting Effeln 2012 - Skymaster F-86 EDF (5 min 36 sec)
Nov 15, 2019, 02:25 PM
Battery Puffer
Kevin

Why is jet fan not an option for you? Just curious as I am looking at a 120 jet in the near future.
Nov 15, 2019, 06:13 PM
The blade numbers go up to 11
I'm still around, guys, just super busy with family and my full-time job. Just got back from a couple of weeks in Bologna doing factory acceptance testing on some new production lines for my real job. Kind of a shock coming from 10degC in Bologna to 35degC and raging bushfires over here.

I am still making fans but not that many, just too busy at the moment. It's a bit frustrating as I have some new stuff I want to release and new ideas to work on but no time to support it.

Gregg's F86 had the original SM110-47 in it, which used the 120mm rotor cut down to 110mm. Because of this, it used a lower kV motor as the rotor blades were wider. I felt its torque demand was a little high which is why I redesigned the rotor with narrower blades made specifically for 110mm.

Stu.

Quick Reply