Dec 05, 2019, 04:59 PM
I've got a few TW planes now and have began to wonder if unpainted kits would be an option? All white so we could paint our own schemes would be pretty cool.

I've built a few FPV wings in my day and custom look is always fun to do!
to remove ads between posts
Dec 05, 2019, 06:51 PM
Done!

S6R stabilizing receiver. AKK Race VTX. Foxeer micro camera. PDB with dedicated 5v to VTX and 12v to camera. Dedicated 5v BEC to receiver (the 1a bEC on esc was causing brownout with too much stick throw) and why not match the purple on the plane with a purple quad motor and prop! Also added a TinysLED micro white LED. It lets the plane glow at night.

And the rest of my TW fleet. The racer is dedicated FPV as well.
Dec 06, 2019, 07:48 AM
Team Twisted!
Quote:
Originally Posted by aversusb
Done!

S6R stabilizing receiver. AKK Race VTX. Foxeer micro camera. PDB with dedicated 5v to VTX and 12v to camera. Dedicated 5v BEC to receiver (the 1a bEC on esc was causing brownout with too much stick throw) and why not match the purple on the plane with a purple quad motor and prop! Also added a TinysLED micro white LED. It lets the plane glow at night.
And the rest of my TW fleet. The racer is dedicated FPV as well.
Sounds like a nice setup on the ProXy.... nice assortment of TH foam in your hanger as well.... I also have one of the racers setup with FPV... all big fun.
cdee
Dec 06, 2019, 07:50 AM
Team Twisted!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Gravity
Iíve been waiting a long time for Twisted Hobbies to design a fixed-wing with all these qualities....BRAVO!
Ordered today (first ever from TH) and Subíd today.
Heavy Gravity
Welcome to the Club...
It is fun to see all the different setups... can't wait to see the flood of videos that will surely come.
cdee
Dec 07, 2019, 12:44 PM
RCG Admin
Out flying some FPV right now. OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS THING ROCKS!!!!!! Getting some air to air footage that should be great for the review video. Should be able to finish up the review early next week. That is if I can stop flying it long enough to do that....
Dec 09, 2019, 11:57 AM
RCG Admin
Review is done and published. Here's the link https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...V-Plane-Review

Here's the video as well.

Twisted Hobbys ProXy FPV RCGroups Review (6 min 55 sec)
Dec 09, 2019, 10:08 PM
Soar high, huck low
Awesome video Jason. It looked pretty windy and it seemed to handle it well.

At the 4:40 mark, you clip a tree, drop to the ground and doink it nose first, then you just power up and take off again! How cool is that!?!?

This looks like a game changer for FPV pilots that prefer a plane over a multi rotor.
Latest blog entry: Super sized Delta combat wing
Dec 10, 2019, 04:14 PM
Unregistered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattnat
hay there
does anyone happen to know if the crack yak 39 is ok for fpv? tones of wag?

matt
I've got a yak for fpv... lite version I believe... tis great.
Abusing a Crack Yak FPV. (5 min 13 sec)
Dec 10, 2019, 11:16 PM
Soar high, huck low
Awesome vid Hachikyu! I did something similar on a Crack Beaver a few years back with similar results, but your flying is better ProXy is ordered, maybe it will be here fore the weekend. Maybe Ms. Claus will hijack it... We'll see, but I can't wait to get it flying. My buddy has one and I wanna try some formation flying.
Dec 12, 2019, 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hachikyu
I've got a yak for fpv... lite version I believe... tis great.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9E3S8iAsxg&t=85s
!!! love it!!! the high alpha in the stage was exciting. as was the knife edge close wall pass.
nice work
Dec 14, 2019, 10:07 AM
Flyr John in Floyd VA
Just finished my build last night. First flight this morning. Flies well on 2s1000, but even better on 3s800. Still need some fine tuning on throws, expo, cg, etc. But very happy so far. Really flies slow, especially with flaperons deployed.

One big surprise was the noise level. Had forgotten how noisy these pushers are with all the foam soundboard attached. I'm running 2204, 2300 kv, and 5249 three blade prop. Oh, and it's not very efficient with mah. Using 4+ amps just cruising around. But lots of drag.

Cheers, John
Dec 16, 2019, 11:34 AM
Soar high, huck low
I put 6 packs through the ProXy on Sunday. Weather was sunny and breezy. The ProXy handled the wind with no problem. I started out with a 3S 1500 and LOS flying. I got 5:30 of actual throttle time and landed with 30 % in the packs. Actual flight time was a shade over 6 minutes. With the 1500 it does not really “hang” in the air without throttle. I had some 3S 1000 packs and the power off glide was vastly improved as well as the slow speed handling. I think the 800 mah packs will make it float like a balloon with the trade off of shorter flight time. I love the way it handles and adaptable is a breeze. FPV take off and landing are EASY. I was shooting touch and goes a few feet away from my chair. Another cool thing with this plane is it’s ability to do inverted parachutes/elevators. It will drop almost straight down, with zero wing rock and at about 20 feet up- bump the throttle, roll to upright and land with zero roll out. Lots of fun with this plane. I think keeping it light is the key, it has plenty of power but light setups will definitely yield a more “floaty” ride. Lovin’ it!
Dec 22, 2019, 08:49 AM
RCG Admin
HD ProXy coming up this week!
Dec 22, 2019, 09:23 AM
Soar high, huck low
Nice!!
Dec 23, 2019, 07:38 PM
Unregistered User
Glad to see some of you are having some fun already! Mine is built, just waiting for the Kanuckistani weather to give up a nice day or two for the maiden, otherwise I will get to fly it when we return to the gym in the new year.
Can't wait to see all the fixed wing fpv goodness!

Quick Reply