Dec 01, 2019, 07:15 PM
USA: LakeGeorge, New York
Is there a Rx-ready version? PnP
Latest blog entry: My FAVORITE FPV CockPits'!!!!
to remove ads between posts
Dec 01, 2019, 07:45 PM
Team Twisted!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rclab1
Is there a Rx-ready version? PnP
The Twisted Hobbys planes all take some "building". There are Power Combo kits that include most everything else you need besides batteries and receiver of choice, but those are also available at the TH website for one stop shopping.
cdee
Dec 02, 2019, 09:48 PM
Chris Jewett talks about the ProXy as well as V-Tail setup.
ProXy Setup - Spektrum (15 min 0 sec)
Dec 02, 2019, 10:27 PM
RCG Admin
Finishing up the review build tomorrow and hope to fly it later this week. Build went great with everything fitting perfectly. Excited to play!
Dec 03, 2019, 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aversusb
Well I got to eager and build up the aileron push rids before realizing they had to be cut to length first. Even with the brass fittings all the way screwed in still too long.

Wonder if TW sells a kit? Mine won’t work
or just cut them in half and trim to length. Then glue them back together and sleeve it with heat shrink.
Dec 03, 2019, 09:56 AM
This is my FPV setup. A 450 2s pack will go in front of the flight pack. It balances perfectly.

Caddx turtle v2
RMRC Cricket pro v2 vtx
450mha 2s for video power
850mha 3s crack pack
Aura8 - just because it was laying around collecting dust.
Last edited by AtomicFrawg; Dec 07, 2019 at 11:56 AM.
Dec 03, 2019, 09:04 PM
Team Twisted!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicFrawg
This is my FPV setup. A 450 2s pack will go in front of the flight pack. It balances perfectly.

Cadex turtle v2
RMRC Cricket pro v2 vtx
450mha 2s for video power
850mha 3s crack pack
Aura8 - just because it was laying around collecting dust.
Nice setup.... let me know how the Aura8 works in this platform... I am a huge fan of the Aura8.
cdee
Dec 03, 2019, 09:57 PM
Team Twisted!

proXy FPV - Complete Build Links

The build is done... have not done the maiden yet, but it is suppose to be much warmer over the next couple days, so will get you for some flights, in the mean time if you were following along with my build and the progress, thanks for staying tuned. Below are all the links to the build posts, these posts will also be the basis for the PDF manual that I started working on yesterday.

Looking forward to all the different builds, ideas, video and crazy stuff that will surely come over time from this model... enjoy..!!
cdee
Dec 04, 2019, 01:48 PM
Finished, I have a week long trip to china and then I'll put it in the air.

I'll be sure to let you know how the proXy flies with the aura8. I just had it laying around collecting dust.

I also thought about running a wingf405 with a pdb to run a single lipo. So many options for setups. Hell I might need another one for a long range setup with eagle tree vector, dragon link and 1.3ghz video.
Dec 04, 2019, 04:37 PM
Flyr John in Floyd VA
I hope one of you builders will comment on the Proxy's slow flight characteristics when you report back. Of particular interest to me.

Thanks, John
Dec 04, 2019, 04:58 PM
RCG Admin
Flew the maiden today. Slow flight is awesome! Really fun. Saving the rest for the review.
Dec 04, 2019, 06:52 PM
RCG Admin
Just flew it in a gym. It was somewhat tight, but could do figure 8’s and full throttle circles and slow one wheel touch n goes.
Dec 04, 2019, 06:54 PM
Soar high, huck low
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Cole
Flew the maiden today. Slow flight is awesome! Really fun. Saving the rest for the review.
Looking forward to the flight reports! Mrs. Claus is bringing me one for Christmas
Latest blog entry: Super sized Delta combat wing
Dec 04, 2019, 07:45 PM
FREE VAPOR TRAILS
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhark37
I hope one of you builders will comment on the Proxy's slow flight characteristics when you report back. Of particular interest to me.

Thanks, John
It will fly extremely slow. The wing loading is very, very low. It's very stable and hard to stall at low speeds.
Dec 05, 2019, 04:27 PM
Iíve been waiting a long time for Twisted Hobbies to design a fixed-wing with all these qualities....BRAVO!

Ordered today (first ever from TH) and Subíd today.

Heavy Gravity

Quick Reply