Nov 13, 2019, 10:00 AM
xmm
xmm
Thread OP
Help!

How to use ppm input mode on FRSKY R9m

Hello guys, I want to use my r9m module with my flsky fsi6. According to this video (
Flysky FS-i6 / FS-i6X TBS Crossfire Mod and Frsky R9m Mod // Long Range Flysky Mod (14 min 22 sec)
) it should work by doing a small mod because the flysky has a ppm output. So I put my r9m in a taranis QX7 to configure to output power and the frequency then I bound it with my r9mini reciever. Problem is, when I put it in the flysky transmitter it isn't bound anymore and I have no idea how to bind it because obviously there is no menu. Any Ideas?
to remove ads between posts
Nov 13, 2019, 12:36 PM
bind button on back of your r9m. you also set the power with the dip switches. As far as i know, you can't pre set it up with open tx.

also, read the manual, it's all in there
https://www.frsky-rc.com/wp-content/...%20-manual.pdf
Nov 14, 2019, 03:19 PM
xmm
xmm
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by P.I.Engineer
bind button on back of your r9m. you also set the power with the dip switches. As far as i know, you can't pre set it up with open tx.

also, read the manual, it's all in there
https://www.frsky-rc.com/wp-content/...%20-manual.pdf
Thank you, I tried that already without success but I tried it again and it worked. Do you know how to switch between 8ch and 16ch mode?
Nov 14, 2019, 04:51 PM
you're in PPM mode, so it probably is only 8 channels.
Nov 15, 2019, 02:53 AM
Happy FPV flyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmm
So I put my r9m in a taranis QX7 to configure to output power and the frequency then I bound it with my r9mini reciever. Problem is, when I put it in the flysky transmitter it isn't bound anymore and I have no idea how to bind it because obviously there is no menu. Any Ideas?
Frequency and power settings aren't "stored". Power is defined by the DIP switches. Frequency cannot be set when using PPM. I guess you're using Flex and want 868, there is no way to use that combination with PPM, it always goes in 915 and that'd be why your receiver doesn't respond.
Nov 17, 2019, 02:20 PM
xmm
xmm
Thread OP
Well thank you very much guys I got it working now. Do somebody know if I can extract the smart port telemetry from the back of the r9m in ppm mode as well? Would be awesome
Nov 17, 2019, 07:00 PM
I think very few use ppm, so, give it a shot and let us know.
Nov 19, 2019, 09:38 AM
xmm
xmm
Thread OP
Ok I ll keep you updated
Nov 20, 2019, 08:10 AM
xmm
xmm
Thread OP
I made a video about the binding procedure of the r9m in ppm input mode. Maybe it can help someone:
FLYSKY FS i6 external module mod | R9m and I6 binding tutorial (2 min 17 sec)

Next step is to take a look at the telemetry with the goal of extracting it out of the back of the r9m and maybe feed it in a HC-06 like Paweł Spychalski did some time ago.
Nov 20, 2019, 12:02 PM
the telemetry is very easy, just need an inverter and a bluetooth setup correctly.

Quick Reply