Azalea City Model Aeronautics Veterans Memorial Fly-in

Check out the photo coverage of the recent Azalea RC event!

Splash

Azalea City Model Aeronautics Event Report

From Frits Jetten...

Saturday, November 9th, 2019 - We hosted our annual Azalea City Model Aeronautics Veterans Memorial Fly-in. And after a cold and slow start, it turned into a very well-attended event. As a matter of fact it was the best-attended fly-in this whole year.

I will keep my report brief this time. ("Thank God!", I hear you say…) I took plenty of pictures, of course…. So many that I had to split my post into into two parts.

But I need to tell you that the three BIG raffle items were donated by McConnell Buick GMC. Club member Sam Chest works for that company and he arranged for the funds and prizes. He had one of their fancy trucks on display at the field. Thank you very much, Sam, and our thanks to McConnell Automotive!

Andrew Smith won the nice portable gas grill, and Michael Maucher won the electric E-flite twin-motor EC-1500 1.5m plane. Congratulations! Sam mentioned that Rob Baker, owner of HobbyTown, helped us get a great deal on the airplane. Thanks, Rob!

There is only one more event this year, the Magical Christmas Toy Drive, Saturday, December 7th. Please come to that one, even if you don't fly. The registration fee is one new toy, (one that cost about $10), unwrapped. For that, you get - AT NO COST - one of our fine meals cooked up by our head chef, Ed Daniels! And there is soft drinks and dessert too, all free.

The important thing is that it's for a great cause. After the fly-in we will take all collected toys to the WKRG News5 studios, to become part of their Magical Christmas Toy Drive. WKRG will distribute all toys to local charity organizations that deal with providing a merry Christmas to local, less-fortunate, children.

We will also have a gift card raffle, and the proceeds of that raffle will go toward the purchase of more toys, to be added to the ones we collect at the flying field.

So come out and help make our charity event a success!

Quick Reply