Mar 11, 2005, 04:30 AM
Ado
Ado
Meow?
Thread OP

EPP 1.8m DG-1000

oooooo progress

The fuse was suppose to be about 70mm wide but ended up being 53mm wide.. ie: as wide as the block of EPP. the sides are a little more flat instead of rounded. I think this will help a little with mounting the wings though.

Still got some more sanding to do at the rear but i got the rear boom being CNC cut so i'll wait for that till I sand the rest down.... so i can smooth it in to the boom.

The canopy outline is where im going to cut it open to fit the battery and bits.

I sorta hijacked my own thread so I thought I'd start one thats just about the plane hehe

Cheers,

Ado
to remove ads between posts
Mar 11, 2005, 04:34 AM
Looks great, where are you getting your foam cutting done?
Mar 11, 2005, 04:40 AM
Ado
Ado
Meow?
Thread OP
Fellow RCGrouper up here in QLD.... not sure if he wants to be named or not... hehe I'll let him chime in if he wants to.

Im in the middle of making my own CNC cutter too...will be done in a week or so. Just have to learn to drive it.
Mar 11, 2005, 11:56 AM
Very nice Ado. Do you intend to make this available? (I recall some rambblings of a kit in an earlier thread) Is so, please put me on the list.
Mar 11, 2005, 07:44 PM
Ado
Ado
Meow?
Thread OP
Hi Alfred... The kit depends on how easy the wings turn out... being a triple/quad taper wing it might be a handful to build properly. If I get enough interest i'll release it as an "advanced" kit but I'll wait a little before I decide anything yet.

Thanks for your interest.

Cheers,

Ado
Mar 11, 2005, 08:07 PM
Okay, please keep me posted. Would be willing to do a detailed build thread if you need a beta tester!
Mar 13, 2005, 12:25 AM
Ado
Ado
Meow?
Thread OP
Who would have thunk it... more progress.
Mar 13, 2005, 12:31 AM
Ado
Ado
Meow?
Thread OP
Dont worry about teh TE of the wing.. that will get hacked off and replaced with some TE balsa stock and a te spar.

I'll start on the wing when i figure out how to attach it to the fuse. Im going to make some balsa tips for it too. Will be easily broken but atleast it'll look good :P
Mar 13, 2005, 01:37 AM
VTPR & Slope Aerobatics
I bet the balsa will hold up pretty well. The plane is looking nice, good job so far, keep it up!

Steve
Apr 23, 2005, 07:30 PM
Ado
Ado
Meow?
Thread OP
Perdy!

Apr 23, 2005, 07:31 PM
Ado
Ado
Meow?
Thread OP
I was running out of white tape :P
Apr 23, 2005, 08:45 PM
VTPR & Slope Aerobatics
Tape?

Heathen! All that work and you didn't even Ultracote it?

Steve
Apr 23, 2005, 09:08 PM
Ado
Ado
Meow?
Thread OP
hehe no... its a concept work in progress.. ie: just built it to see if my design works...and it does!.. sorta

well... the MH-32 is an awesome foil.... its a floater for sure. Decent throw from a small hill(6m high) and in to a headwind and it will glide for about 80-90m

Only things I still need to work out....the wing joiner/spar system STILL isnt enough... I think I will have to invest in some SS tube and rods for the joiner.

The DG also seems to be very pitch sensative. I made the elevator/wing 0deg/0deg(I hope). doesnt matter if I put more weight on the nose... its still pretty sensative. 70% expo 50% travel atm.

Next wing will have to have bigger ailerons(full wing)... its like flying with rudder only atm :P

Quick Reply