Nov 19, 2019, 09:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by derelicte
the 4 minute flight time is nice.

I'm still new to the hobby but I get the impression the battery might disagree with you
to remove ads between posts
Nov 20, 2019, 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aventhu
They left out the part where the board fries and it falls from the sky
Maybe yours cause you try to turtle mode out , were unsuccessful and were too lazy to retrieve it and burned it up?
Nov 20, 2019, 06:50 PM
Just an earth-bound misfit
Haha . . . you both are assuming the board is even going to work in the first place . . . eternal optimists . . . ₿ↄ}

And I really like every one of my Crazybees that are working . . . trouble is, there's just one more of those than the ones in my Dead Crazybee Box . . .
Nov 20, 2019, 11:29 PM
monkeymagic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_OH
Haha . . . you both are assuming the board is even going to work in the first place . . . eternal optimists . . . ₿ↄ}

And I really like every one of my Crazybees that are working . . . trouble is, there's just one more of those than the ones in my Dead Crazybee Box . . .
I've had a Snapper 7, Mobula 7, Trashcan, Sailfly-x, red devil, larva-x and not one of those boards has failed. Maybe I'm lucky or maybe I fly like a domesticated cat?
Nov 20, 2019, 11:40 PM
Are we not men? We are DEVO!
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadifyRC.com
I've had a Snapper 7, Mobula 7, Trashcan, Sailfly-x, red devil, larva-x and not one of those boards has failed. Maybe I'm lucky or maybe I fly like a domesticated cat?
There's certaiy a "group" with more issues than the rest of us have had.

Some sort of hyper-localized QC issues.
Nov 20, 2019, 11:41 PM
Quote:
That's the thing about lack of quality control. The faulty boards are indiscriminate. They can miss people altogether, hit others on almost every quad or, somewhere in between.

I had two RedDevil boards fail in a row. My US65, Mobula7 and Larva-X boards have behaved (so far). My UK65 board worked fine until it got crushed by a car.

Obviously, some of the reported failures will be from misuse but, there are still an awful lot that were just plain faulty.
Last edited by Temporal Flux; Nov 20, 2019 at 11:48 PM.
Nov 21, 2019, 01:32 AM
Just an earth-bound misfit
Quote:
On a bad day with a hangover you could still out fly me, but for me, bad luck would at least mean I have some kind of luck . . .

All but two of my dead Crazybees were that way before I ever got a flight on them. I've had them refuse to bind, not recognized by the computer, bad ESC, bad ESCs, power up and just shut down . . . had one that would be fine flying and changing the battery and fly again, but let it sit overnight, and it would lose all the settings. I'd have to re-bind it, reset up all my switches and settings. Would be fine flying it again, then lose everything overnight again . . . finally, just bit. The other would power up, but at about 20' would drop and reset. Did that a handful of times, and finally just bit. The ones that work are rock solid, and not a moments problem with them. If any quad I have has a right to die off, it would be my Mobula. I've ran that a ton since I got it last fall, fly the krap outta it, hit things, sent it spinning, diving into the snow . . . put a battery in, it starts to purr and still screams when I punch it on 2S . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temporal Flux
That's the thing about lack of quality control. The faulty boards are indiscriminate. They can miss people altogether, hit others on almost every quad or, somewhere in between.

I had two RedDevil boards fail in a row. My US65, Mobula7 and Larva-X boards have behaved (so far). My UK65 board worked fine until it got crushed by a car.

Obviously, some of the reported failures will be from misuse but, there are still an awful lot that were just plain faulty.
I think they misinterpreted QC, and translated it to mean Quite Crappy . . .
Nov 22, 2019, 10:36 AM
For anyone trying to pick one up on black friday Aliexpress has hella coupons being given out right now. I just got a 10 dollar off + 6 off for anything over 65. Last time on 11.11 there was a discount for using paypal too. Hoping I can get one for like 60 dollars if the stars align lol.
Nov 23, 2019, 05:13 PM
FPV Ground Pounder
Maybe the Black Friday deals will help me make up my mind. I can't decide if I want to get the new Mobula6 or buy a Mobula7 and convert it to a Mobula6 only talking about a $10 difference.

The Mobula7 has a proven track record, will run on 1-2s the Mobula6 is a brand new unproven design.
Nov 25, 2019, 10:36 AM
Sales starting early..
Nov 25, 2019, 06:57 PM
jump right on that and let us know how things go..

Nov 25, 2019, 07:37 PM
Quote:
jump right on that and let us know how things go..

I have 270 orders with aliexpress over the years there is nothing to be scared of unless you dont like good deals
Nov 26, 2019, 10:40 AM
so when does yours arrive?
Nov 26, 2019, 11:11 AM
Quote:
so when does yours arrive?
Waiting for black Friday so I can get it even cheaper. Don't be scared now
Nov 26, 2019, 04:14 PM
monkeymagic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwaysbless
Waiting for black Friday so I can get it even cheaper. Don't be scared now
Just FYI I have the list of Black Friday Specials (link below) but the Mob6 doesn't seem to be on it.

http://bit.ly/BGBlackFridayCoupons

I know that other Happymodels quads have been released around new years, singles day etc. and they have been conspicuously absent too. I think Makerfire or Aliexpress had the best deal on a Mob6 for Black Friday

Quick Reply