Sep 13, 2021, 10:08 AM
Newsworthy
Quote:
Originally Posted by faultypilot
Why wouldn't you though? 5V pad is right there.
Why would I though? The RX runs on 2.7-5V why connect it to higher power so it has to step it down, creating heat, which worsens reception (although probably not any practical amount)? The power use of a 50mA receiver is not much compared to a 3A hover, but why step it up then back down?

I tested the EP2 and it boots every time at 2.7V, but will stay transmitting down to ~2.1V, so it has plenty of headroom especially for people like me who land within 10 seconds or so of VBatt staying below 3.3V in a hover.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 13, 2021, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnBry
...but why step it up then back down?....
Because the 5v pad exists and the 3.3v pad doesn't...

(If end users could tell a practical difference then I'd have a different view.)
Sep 13, 2021, 12:39 PM
Newsworthy
Quote:
Because the 5v pad exists and the 3.3v pad doesn't... )
You mean the 5V pad that's by the video plug and so close to the inductor that it is practically part of it? The battery lead pad is giant and out in the open, a much easier solder. Although I am looking at a picture of the replacement AIO board on getfpv and it doesn't look like the pads go through? Mine has through holes for the battery lead so it is really simple.

The 5V pad for a buzzer on the other side is a much easier solder but if folks have the AIO that has the vbatt pad that goes through to the bottom, that feels like a good target.
Sep 13, 2021, 01:24 PM
No, not that 5v pad of course. You're mean. Lol.

I think most everyone uses the 5v by the buzzer. Well except you, you're a free spirit and use your own private 3.3v line.

Nice to know vbatt is an option. I didn't know they went that low. Thanks for doing the tests. I probably would have done that since mine has the through holes and i took GND from there anyway.
Sep 13, 2021, 02:45 PM
Newsworthy
Quote:
No, not that 5v pad of course. You're mean. Lol.

Nice to know vbatt is an option. I didn't know they went that low. Thanks for doing the tests. I probably would have done that since mine has the through holes and i took GND from there anyway.
haha yeah I took one look at that 5V pad and went NOPE, the 5V pad for the buzzer on the other side is really easy too. I think I may have gotten that pad location from you. Nice to have a couple options for anyone who is going to add an EP2, and for my own information because I was pretty sure that 3.3V would be fine. Didn't expect it to still boot at 2.7V or work down to 2.1V either.
Sep 21, 2021, 09:33 AM
Received my Mobula6 ELRS 2.4G today, had a little whip around, range is fantastic now, used to get rx loss on my old uk65 with frsky receiver at the other end of my property, now I can fly around all over the place and still have 100% LQ and more than enough dbm left in the tank to explore.

The addition of the 200mw vtx will also go along way to improving its ability to really explore around the place and even venture outside.

Anyone have a pid tune for it as it came with default pids. Wouldn't mind getting rpm filtering to work either.
Sep 27, 2021, 05:02 AM
It looks like I burned my Mobula / Moblite Flight Controller. If anyone got a burned flight controller and doesn't need it, I'd love to take it off your hands to use it as a donor board and use some of the components to repair mine. I'll pay for shipping. Please PM me.
Oct 07, 2021, 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLderDan View Post
The receiver wire broke off with the pad on my mob6. Anyone have a pic of where I can solder...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokyo_Dom View Post
...So my bet is that it is connected to the left closer side of the RF filter in the picture...
I love you buddy, that red arrow is exactly the right spot and now I have full rssi again.
Last edited by OLderDan; Oct 07, 2021 at 08:35 PM.
Oct 08, 2021, 01:54 PM
Just got my new batteries in for this whoop season.

Last year I used the Red GNB 300mah 30/60c batteries with a GNB27 connector.

This year I'll be using Purple GNB 380mah 60/120c batteries with a GNB27 connector.

Only flew one so far, but it looks promising. The new batteries are .5-1 gram heavier than the old ones on my scale, but flight time went from 2:10-2:20 for fairly fast smooth flight to 3:50 with a little less sag. Going to charge up a few more and beat on them a bit to see how much flight times go down.

I should qualify that test a little. The red batteries are old and have been heavily used, but I have not seen a major decline in performance from new other than a couple that I retired recently for puffing during storage and or serious sag.
Last edited by Boostinjdm; Oct 08, 2021 at 02:01 PM.
Oct 09, 2021, 10:58 AM
Newsworthy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boostinjdm
Last year I used the Red GNB 300mah 30/60c batteries with a GNB27 connector.
This year I'll be using Purple GNB 380mah 60/120c batteries with a GNB27 connector.
Interesting that the Amazon listing for the GNB 300mAh is now replaced with the 380mAh. I would have expected that the 380s were actually 350s with some chemistry or process improvements so they end of the same weight (or just relabeling them as higher capacity). Seems odd they got rid of the 300s since I had seen several reports that the 350s were a wash compared to the 300s on the Mobula6-- the extra weight offset almost all the benefit of the higher capacity.
Oct 09, 2021, 01:51 PM
I passed on the 350s last year for that reason. The higher C rating is what sold me on the 380s since sag is such a problem on whoops when pushing them. I know everybody says the C rating is mostly marketing, but surely a higher number from the same reputable manufacturer must be better. There has to at least be some truth to the increase even if it isn't accurate.
Oct 14, 2021, 02:49 PM
So, I made a big mistake. After two years flying and repairing I’ve sold US65 thinking that Mobula6 is better. I’ve got new Mobula6. Maybe it’s better in terms of power but not in terms of authority. So loosy, unpredictable for flying in the flat. Spent few hours to tune, tested with BF 3.5.7, 4.3.0, PMB, emulflight PMB tune and finally Quicksilver. US65 was so much better and cannot understand why. Same frame, same 0802 1900kv motors. Only F3 FC and camera was different from Mobula6. US65 was on the rails while Mobula is so much difficult to fly. What is your experience?
Oct 14, 2021, 06:10 PM
Can't fly 3D for toffee ...
I really like mine on a 2 year old PMB Emu Flight tune. I am never going to flash it again! It seems pretty locked in to me but I haven't tried a US65 ...
Oct 15, 2021, 10:57 AM
I found using the pids in the book and the latest betaflight 4.whatever gives me a rock solid experience that I too, gave up my us65 fleet.I did use bluejay for the rpm filtering, but otherwise all stock.
Oct 15, 2021, 09:50 PM

Mobula6 2.4g elrs

So I gave in and picked up a 2.4g elrs Mobula6 and it just came in last night. I bought it for indoor flying this winter but am pleasantly surprised at how well it does outdoors. It wiggles in the breeze a bit but handles better than I expected.

Here's a vid if anyone cares to check it out:
http://www.drumgod.com/fpv/clip70.mp4

So I've noticed that it doesn't seem to matter much whether I hover around the house los or bomb around the yard fpv, I get a 2 minute flight and the batteries are surprisingly toasty. Can any of you guys confirm that that's "normal operation" with this little guy? lol. I expected short flights but wasn't expecting hot batteries. The osd summary said I used 269 mah. So I could probably get 2:30 or so if I pushed it a little more...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnBry
The new ELRS Mobula6 I'm not all that keen on the new motors for shorter flights and the SPI ELRS receiver which locks the ELRS version to the Betaflight version. I'd be more likely to replace parts on my original than switching, despite being a massive ELRS fan.
Heya Capn. Could you elaborate on this a bit? I have a few elrs drones bound to my t-lite. I'm not sure I understand what the issue is? Should I be looking out for anything in particular with this little guy? Thx.

Quick Reply