Nov 10, 2019, 05:19 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

BL conversion

Thinking of buying one of those Ripsaw RC tanks from bangood, driving in te snow, anyone got one https://wwwpre.banggood.com/sv/SG-12...r_warehouse=CN can you convert it to brushless for more speed?
to remove ads between posts
Nov 13, 2019, 11:26 PM
Fly now crash later
Subscribed, I just ordered one of these too
Nov 26, 2019, 04:14 PM
30 RC's and counting
Good luck with that. I just got mine. The only mods I am considering is a 3s lipo with my own electronics. BL power would destroy the plastic gears.
Dec 15, 2019, 06:54 PM
Very impressive specs:
3. 2.4G full-scale synchronous remote control system.
7. The wading depth can get 5M. (That's 16 feet!)

Edit: I just noticed the 5M is for the one with metal tracks, the one w/o them is 5CM.
Last edited by Thorsteenster; Dec 15, 2019 at 07:04 PM.
Dec 15, 2019, 07:06 PM
30 RC's and counting
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorsteenster
Very impressive specs:
3. 2.4G full-scale synchronous remote control system.
7. The wading depth can get 5M. (That's 16 feet!)

Edit: I just noticed the 5M is for the one with metal tracks, the one w/o them is 5CM.
Both of them are only 5CM, 5M is a typo. These are no where near water proof so they can't even go into 1ft water stock.

As for #3, everything has a 2.4G radio these days.
Dec 16, 2019, 07:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmr4life
Both of them are only 5CM, 5M is a typo. These are no where near water proof so they can't even go into 1ft water stock.

As for #3, everything has a 2.4G radio these days.
Yeah, after converting 5m to ft, I knew it musta been a typo.
And yes, I'd be surprised if you can even get anything with a Mhz radio anymore.
But what on earth is "full-scale synchronous"?!
I was just making fun of it, looks like a fun tracked vehicle.
If I got one tho I'd look at mounting a different body, looks like bodies for Short Course trucks would fit nicely.
Looking forward to seeing it go brushless, 1st thing I was thinking it'd throw tracks, but they way it's setup doesn't look so.
Dec 16, 2019, 07:50 AM
30 RC's and counting
Quote:
Yeah, after converting 5m to ft, I knew it musta been a typo.
And yes, I'd be surprised if you can even get anything with a Mhz radio anymore.
But what on earth is "full-scale synchronous"?!
I was just making fun of it, looks like a fun tracked vehicle.
If I got one tho I'd look at mounting a different body, looks like bodies for Short Course trucks would fit nicely.
Looking forward to seeing it go brushless, 1st thing I was thinking it'd throw tracks, but they way it's setup doesn't look so.
Brushless is not necessary. A 3s lipo with the stock motors would be to much for it. I should say that I own one.
Dec 16, 2019, 08:32 AM
Quote:
Good luck with that. I just got mine. The only mods I am considering is a 3s lipo with my own electronics. BL power would destroy the plastic gears.
Quote:
Brushless is not necessary. A 3s lipo with the stock motors would be to much for it. I should say that I own one.
I missed your previous post. I'd imagine if BL would blow gears, 3S probably shorten their life as well.
If there isn't a metal gear set available, maybe someone will will come out with one!
Dec 16, 2019, 09:57 AM
30 RC's and counting
Quote:
I missed your previous post. I'd imagine if BL would blow gears, 3S probably shorten their life as well.
If there isn't a metal gear set available, maybe someone will will come out with one!
Yeah, I was thinking about that as well but I have taken this apart and it's just a nicely made toy. If it's hobby grade, it's just barely there. There are no bearings, no oil in the shocks and no room for a standard size battery pack.

That said I do love it because it's a quick tank and only cost $50.

To make it anything more than that is going to cost several times the original purchase price and at that point you'll have sunk a few hundred dollars into a $50 toy.

Quick Reply