Nov 09, 2019, 09:52 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

How does a thread get to be "privately moderated"?

Just curious. In some threads I have seen a message to the effect of "This thread is privately moderated by xxx, who may delete off-topic or unwanted replies." Or something like that.

How do I get to designate a thread I start as "privately moderated" in this way?

Or do only certain people get to do that? I.e. that guy was already an official r.c. groups moderator?

Thanks for filling me in on this mysterious aspect of rc groups.

PS it was not a thread in "classifieds" .
Last edited by aeronaut999; Nov 09, 2019 at 09:57 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 09, 2019, 10:06 AM
RCG Admin
That only occurs on classifieds, your blog section and stickied threads.
Nov 09, 2019, 10:15 AM
Thread OP
Maybe it was stickied. So, how does a thread get to be stickied?
Nov 09, 2019, 10:54 AM
RCG Admin
Stickies are rare, but can be requested by clicking the report button and selecting the appropriate option.
Nov 09, 2019, 11:09 AM
Thread OP
Ok thanks
Nov 19, 2019, 04:17 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeronaut999
Just curious. In some threads I have seen a message to the effect of "This thread is privately moderated by xxx, who may delete off-topic or unwanted replies." Or something like that.

How do I get to designate a thread I start as "privately moderated" in this way?

Or do only certain people get to do that? I.e. that guy was already an official r.c. groups moderator?

Thanks for filling me in on this mysterious aspect of rc groups.

PS it was not a thread in "classifieds" .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Cole
That only occurs on classifieds, your blog section and stickied threads.
Apparently it also occurs in "chit chat" -- all these threads are privately moderated--

https://www.rcgroups.com/chit-chat-496/
Nov 19, 2019, 08:16 AM
RCG Admin
I never knew that. Thanks.
Nov 22, 2019, 06:31 PM
------
Quote:
Apparently it also occurs in "chit chat" -- all these threads are privately moderated--
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Cole
I never knew that. Thanks.
Very odd indeed!

Quick Reply