This thread is privately moderated by SavageX89, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Nov 08, 2019, 01:25 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Fear not, I have returned!

Hey everyone!

It has been many moons since I last visited, let alone posted, here. Life has been busy, but it is now time for me to dive back down the rabbit hole that is the world of RC madness.

I'll give a quick intro to myself here and at a later point, I'll start a blog (that's a thing here?) detailing my RC crafts and current projects. Hopefully, I'll be able to record most, if not all, of it and post to my YouTube channel.

I've been into RC for several years now. It started when I was in elementary school (late-90's) and my parents got me an awesome RC car. It was super fast, and I spent a few summers racing it all over the place, jumping it off anything that would ramp properly. When that finally broke, I ended up on a hiatus from RC till 2013. My father-in-law has several planes and an truck. He taught me how to work the truck and let me have my way with it. It was in need of some repairs and I spent a few months getting it running again. It has been in my possession ever since (see below). Shortly after my intro to the truck, he taught me how to fly with one of his two Slow-sticks. I did a few lazy circles above his neighborhood and immediately wanted to fly on my own. I later was introduced to FliteTest and immediately set about building a Tiny Trainer. That thing flew ok, as I had cut the parts out by myself. But I was hooked. Since then, I have built 4 FT planes (see below), spent many hours in Phoenix RC simulator crashing many planes, and built up a collection of planes that I don't have nearly the time, or space, for. A few years ago, my father-in-law bought me the Carl Goldberg Anniversary Edition Piper Cub .40 Kit on the condition we build it together. It has sat dormant in his basement for the better part of the past 3 years, and now that I'm done with college, I finally have the time to dedicate to it and the other project planes I have acquired.

Below is my list of planes:
- FT Simple Cub (In Progress)
- FT Mini Scout
- FT Mini Mustang (In Progress)
- FT Mini Sparrow (configured as a glider)
- Slow Stick (2x) (used for parts at this point)
- Great Planes Spirit 2m Glider
- High Wing Trainer | 60" wing | .40 nitro engine
- High Wing Float Trainer| 50" wing | .40 nitro engine
- (In Progress)

My list of Trucks:
- HPI Racing Savage X 4.6

My List of Multi-rotors:
- Blade Inductrix
- Blade mCX2
- Blade mCP

(I've never listed out all the RC crafts that I own.... really makes me wonder how I have the space for it all...)
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply