Nov 08, 2019, 01:17 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Need Skyfairer Plan help

I have a Model Airplane News Plan for a Skyfairer. It's plan # FSP 0400 A. Designed and drawn by Phillip S. Kent. I've checked the MAN web page and it has been dropped from their list of plans so no info is available there.
The plan shows no outline at all of the engine, and gives no size that i can find on the plan. I'm hoping someone might remember the plane and have an idea when it was in the magazine. Id like to get a copy of the magazine, or at least a copy of the build article.
I would like to put a four stroke in it. I'm not sure if I have one to fit.
Help my guys. I want this to be my winter build, but not if my .53 Enya four stroke is too small for it.
I'll appreciate any help. Many thanks, Dave

I just found out that the Model Airplane News edition I am looking for is April of 2000. Looking for a scan or digital pics of the build article from that edition.
Last edited by Detroit Dave; Nov 08, 2019 at 01:52 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 08, 2019, 05:22 AM
'Douglas' to his friends.
Here's the text from that issue ...

MAN April 2000 ...

No pictures, but a Search for 'Skyfarer' brings up Kent's remarks concerning the engines recommended...
Quote:
THE MODEL

This model is the second scale Skyfarer I have designed and built: the first was slightly bigger (70-inch span) and was built several years ago to the British Model Flying Association's light-scale-class rules. The model featured here is designed around the fine little O.S. .26 4-stroke engine, but if more power is desired, it is possible to fit a .40-size powerplant in the nose

Construction is quite straightforward and consists of traditional balsa and ply wood parts; it should present no problem at all to the enthusiast who has a couple of built-up models under his belt. Whenever I build a model from a plan, I like to cut out all the parts first and assemble a sort of kit before I actually commence building. Let's get started.

SPECIFICATIOHS

Name: General Aircraft Skyfarer
Type: cabin monoplane
Scale: Vs.S
Wingspan: 68 in.
Length: 44 in.
Weight: 4 lb.
Wing area: 570 sq. in.
Wing loading: 16.20 oz./sq. ft.
Engine req’d: .25 to .52 4-stroke, .25 to .32 2-stroke
Engine used: O.S. .26 4-stroke

Radio req'd: 4-channel (throttle, aileron, elevator and nose-wheel steering); no rudder
Hope this helps.
Nov 09, 2019, 01:02 AM
Thread OP
Thanks. It helps a lot. I have an Enya .53 four stroke looking for a home. Recommended engine up to a .52 four stroke. That one one-hundredth over won't even be noticed.
I'd like to see the article or a build log. I didn't find anything on a search probably because the full scale was Skyfarer. The name on the plan is spelled Skyfairer.
Thanks again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad3353
Here's the text from that issue ...
I
MAN April 2000 ...

No pictures, but a Search for 'Skyfarer' brings up Kent's remarks concerning the engines recommended...

Hope this helps.

Quick Reply