Nov 18, 2019, 10:41 PM
I buy ikarus piccolo/Eco8 stuf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doom 3D
omp m2
Thats pretty cool but it's like twice the size and price!
to remove ads between posts
Nov 18, 2019, 11:17 PM

Blade mCPX BL2

Part of the BL2 discussion is in the MCPX BL Owner thread.

Besides, MCPX BL2 was released slightly after Blade 150S, M2, and Align 300X...and thereíre already several stable micros of same size but either much cheaper (XK K110 etc) or nicer built (Align 150X). The competition is a bit fierce for Blade products this time. And itís only 20 bucks cheaper than 150S...

I think MCPX BL2 would be a great backyard flyer. We just need more positive reviews to put it forward... (same as 150S)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nov 19, 2019, 06:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by helifrek
Thats pretty cool but it's like twice the size and price!
Yes I know. I'm not knockin anything. I like both, but as the M2 was teased months ago, just before the mcpx bl2 it got a lot more attention. It's in a different league.
Nov 19, 2019, 02:49 PM
Thanks for the replies. That M2 is pretty darn impressive, I may just have to suck it up and spend the extra money.... I have a nano cps (or x, can't remember) and it is pretty fun but just not locked in. I'd really like something that performs as well as my devil 380 (goblin clone) and the M2 seems to fit the bill. I just wish it was smaller and more indoor friendly. I don't care if my nano hits my tv
Nov 20, 2019, 12:32 AM
The nice thing about this one, is it has enough power. When I try inverted with my nano cpx, I really have to watch the collective as there just isn't any power. I guess that is a good thing to some extent, but when going inverted afterward with my 130s, I so much more appreciated the extra power and comparative ease of the 130s. This little mcpx bl2 should be a blast for close in flying and having enough power for some tricks and learning 3D without breaking the bank [when] if it hits the ground.

I forget, but i'm assuming this also has SAFE? saved my butt a couple of times with that.
Nov 20, 2019, 11:15 AM
I have never flown a BL2, but the original MCPX BL did not lack for power.

Quite the contrary.
Nov 20, 2019, 09:29 PM
I modified my original MCPX to brushless a looong time ago! the main motor at least..... bigger tail blades did the trick for keeping the tail in line. I had a MCPX BL for a short period of time but it didn't seem to fly as good as my converted one. I don't have much of an indoor flying space, I can barely get the Nano CPX inverted in my living room!

After looking at the build quality on the M2 for the past couple of days, I think I may have changed my mind on what I am getting myself for my birthday!

helifreks brushless MCPX (7 min 14 sec)
Nov 20, 2019, 11:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by helifrek
I modified my original MCPX to brushless a looong time ago! the main motor at least..... bigger tail blades did the trick for keeping the tail in line. I had a MCPX BL for a short period of time but it didn't seem to fly as good as my converted one. I don't have much of an indoor flying space, I can barely get the Nano CPX inverted in my living room!

After looking at the build quality on the M2 for the past couple of days, I think I may have changed my mind on what I am getting myself for my birthday!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07IHrgcz8n8
A lot more bang for your buck. Only downside is durability. Can't take a crash like the micros can, only reason I consider the bl2.
Nov 20, 2019, 11:33 PM
Helifrek

Nice ship there , what is that tail motor and blade ?

Yes the BL 1 is a bit how's your father , but the BL2 so far,, seems very good in flight
Nov 21, 2019, 12:28 PM
somewhere in the video I mention what tail blades and motor. that was like 7 years ago and I don't remember off hand
Nov 23, 2019, 04:36 PM
VE7FM
Is it just me or does the power and smoothness of this bird just scream out for a scale fuse?
I wouldn't mind zipping around the backyard with a small scale airwolf.
Nov 25, 2019, 03:52 PM
Just got my BL2 this past weekend and put a few flights, and a few mishaps on it without hurting it, and so far like it. I did notice however there is a ton of play and wobble in the stock plastic head/grips before it was even flown and noticed some considerable vibration in which the canopy was not helping with. The ends of it stick out far from the mounts and shake about with it. I also have some decent drift going on, likely because of the vibration.

I am thinking about basically going through the entire heli with all current Microheli upgrades and have a feeling it will really change how it flies.
Nov 25, 2019, 05:17 PM
Folding Spacetime
In my case, simply tightening the main blades a bit changed everything. Eliminated a bad vibration and wobbling during high-speed flight. Also, I have some 002 size O-rings arriving today -- I hear they can make a big difference in the amount of slop.

I also went with a metal uHeli swash plate because my stock one just fell apart, all the bearing balls just disappeared! All in, though, my BL2 is flying pretty good now.
Nov 26, 2019, 09:47 PM

Bl2

Life until the sun comes back......
Nov 27, 2019, 02:42 AM
My bl2 tail died. I tested not because of the tail motor but the tail esc seems spoiled, no arming sound.
I sent email to HH support and waiting their reply now.

Quick Reply