This thread is privately moderated by VicT, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Nov 06, 2019, 05:44 PM
Thread OP
Mini-HowTo

Combining the Maule aileron, flap, and wing led plugs

The Maule has 3 plugs (aileron, flap, and wing led lights that must be connected and stuffed into the left and right wing panels. They come with a label but after time the labels disappear and itís easy to make a mistake. Iíve engraved the black plastic and used white paint to identify them but itís still a potential problem. About a month ago I took off and there was not the usual aileron response so I landed and found out that I had connected the flap to aileron plugs witch rendered no aileron movement. However because I usually mix ailerons to rudder I was able to steer with rudder only using the right stick.

In my rush to complete a test flight I failed to complete a flight control check. It was on my pre flight DX TX Checklist but I failed to complete the drill. Lesson was learned. Yesterday I found one of the pins bent and it would not seat correctly so I had to resend the pin for correct spacing. I decided to fix this problem and improve the connection process for ease and reliability.

My Radian Pro has been flying since it first came out. I converted the plugs to a glued in single plug and Iíve had no problems with over 100 or so connections and disconnections. The pins are bigger and stronger than the typical servo plugs, Deans, or other pins. The spacing is bigger and there is more surface area for glue to bond with foam or wood support.

I ordered the same type of connectors for my Maule except itís a 6 pin plug with a matching header. I will use 2 pins for +/- power, 2 pins for the aileron and flap signals, and 2 pins for the +- led power.

To be continued......
to remove ads between posts
Nov 06, 2019, 07:27 PM
That thing almost hit me
Lots of guys use these.....https://hobbyking.com/en_us/mpx-conn...pairs-set.html

Quick Reply