Nov 06, 2019, 05:38 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

ARTR Arkmodel built in China

Has anyone had experience ordering direct from Arkmodel in China? I am interested in ordering a ARTR kit with the WTC installed.

http://www.arkmodel.com/index.php?cPath=21

Their shopping cart is confusing and prices not cheap but if they build a quality model I am interested.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 07, 2019, 08:45 AM
Have you looked into buying that kit in the USA?
Check out this site:
https://www.rc-submarine.com/product...n-1-48th-scale
Nov 07, 2019, 10:57 AM
Thread OP

Arkmodel

Thanks for the link.

Due to my time and build experience I might want like to have Arkmodel assemble and paint it.

I'm curious about their build quality.
Nov 07, 2019, 12:53 PM
I cannot speak to that. There is an old saying, you get what you pay.
Bob at Nautilus Drydocks ()the site I linked to) does a build service. You can email him and ask.
Peace,
Tom
Nov 07, 2019, 07:04 PM
I agree their ordering page is a mess. I reckon you need at least the following:

Germany Type VIIC Submarine ARTR C7602F
Germany Type VIIC Submarine Alloy Case P7602A
WTC ARTR according to your choice (seems to include motors and servos)
Waterproof Brush ESC Hobbywing QuicRun WP 1060 (2 pcs)
Ballast control unit BCU1220 *
Pressure Switch

Optional:
3blades M4diameter35mm Brass Propeller(L/R) 162 Series *
Mast elevation system install
Light System Install
Failsafe FS-2
Magnet Waterproof Switch

* Not sure about the quantity / if propeller R/L come as a set.

I suggest you contact Arkmodel and give them the list of the items you think you will need and then ask them if anything is missing or not required. Not going to be cheap though.
Nov 07, 2019, 08:26 PM
Thread OP

Quote requested

Hey - Thanks for the input I have requested a quote. I will post their response and $$.
Nov 15, 2019, 08:02 PM
Check this out: Arkmodel 1/48 VIIC German U-Boat With Single Piston Tank WTC Water Cylinder KIT

(This offer is from Arkmodel)
Nov 15, 2019, 09:02 PM
Thread OP

Arkmodel

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaLeu
Ad says it does not ship to US.

I'm still waiting for Arkmodel to give me a quote. We have a business office in China so I got an associate there to find a phone number for Arkmodel. They do not list one. Anyway they would not respond to their inquiry email but I got a hold of someone who kinda speaks English. She said she would get me a price with shipping but I am still waiting. I'm about to give up.
Nov 16, 2019, 04:24 PM
Me confuse, this is for someone in the US. Why not buy it from amazon. It has free prime shipping.

https://www.amazon.com/ARKMODEL-Germ...3939311&sr=8-2
Nov 16, 2019, 05:07 PM
Thread OP

My confusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by druiz100
Me confuse, this is for someone in the US. Why not buy it from amazon. It has free prime shipping.

https://www.amazon.com/ARKMODEL-Germ...3939311&sr=8-2
Sorry everyone - I am confusing the discussion. Originally I wanted a ARTR built sub. I have found a RTR excellent model I am in the process of buying,

I now have an quote request with Arkmodel to buy a ARTR model warship.

http://www.arkmodel.com/product_info...roducts_id=732

I am adding quite a few options and since the model is not in stock the shopping cart does not work. What I am waiting on is the quote with shipping and lead time.
Nov 17, 2019, 07:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlotte515
Ad says it does not ship to US.
It was just meant as a reference to what you would need. From there you can deduce that the VIIC can only fit a single tank, hence it only needs one BCU.
Seems they run both motors of a single ESC, too.

Anyway, seems you won't need that information anymore. Do tell us about the RTR though once (if ) you get one.
Nov 17, 2019, 02:18 PM
Thread OP

Thanks for the help

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaLeu
It was just meant as a reference to what you would need. From there you can deduce that the VIIC can only fit a single tank, hence it only needs one BCU.
Seems they run both motors of a single ESC, too.

Anyway, seems you won't need that information anymore. Do tell us about the RTR though once (if ) you get one.
Going with ARTR Engel kit.
Nov 18, 2019, 08:44 PM
Thread OP
Deleted
Last edited by charlotte515; Nov 24, 2019 at 12:46 AM. Reason: irrelevant information
Nov 19, 2019, 07:36 PM
Thread OP

Update

Kaleu - Hey thanks for the input. I appreciate that you actually went to Arkmodels website to help spec out the required parts.

Unfortunately they have been zero help. I googled the model and came back with Centuryuk.com. Called them Monday, they had the model instock and shipped it same day. Still not sure about Arkmodels quality I will know first hand next week. The ARTR was ~$1600 shipped from Centuryuk vs Arkmodels web price of ~$7100. I did order thru Ebay as the shipping was alot less.

This will be interesting!
Last edited by charlotte515; Nov 27, 2019 at 12:10 AM.
Nov 19, 2019, 09:29 PM
Did you get an Engel, destroyer, and Arkmodel type VII? I am confused which does not take much these days.

Quick Reply