This thread is privately moderated by Glen the Rotor, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Nov 06, 2019, 02:51 PM
Trader Rating: 12
Thread OP
$1,600.00 USD
Buyer pays shipping
For Sale

1/10 DUKW Duck, 70% Finished

This is a highly modified Deans DUKW hull mated to Cross RC HC6 6 x 6 suspension and rolling components. The Cross components were all disassembled and upgraded with sealed bearings and liquid gasket to help keep water out of the gearing. To correct the hull, I worked from measurements taken off WWII drawings, photos, and the Italeri 1/35 DUKW. I finally hit a point where I had spent more time correcting it than I would have spent building one from scratch, and I was still not completely happy. It's time for somebody else to finish it. Everything was bought new for this project. Includes a functional rear winch, bilge pump, (2) scale Hicks bronze propellers, and (7) scale RC4WD DUKW tires on scale Cross wheels. Forward steering servo is a waterproof Savox that has been coated with a sealant for extra protection, as it rides in the water, not inside the hull. The rudder servo is synchronized with the steering servo and operates the rudder full time, as is done on real Ducks. Additional accessories are shown, including a 105 mm howitzer for the primary payload. What still needs to be figured out is the best way to seal the openings for the two driveshafts. Also the arrangement for shifting the 2-speed transmission because the shift rod wound up being a very inconvenient place. Shipping will be at cost from CT 06281, or it can be picked up. I have test run this on carpet but of course not on the water!
Last edited by Glen the Rotor; Nov 07, 2019 at 07:15 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 07, 2019, 01:46 AM
Trader Rating: 86
Grumpa Tom
That really looks awesome! What are the dimensions?

Quick Reply