Nov 05, 2019, 05:02 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Eflite Viper BNF thoughts

Hello. I was close to get F27 Evolution but think i rather step up for the Elite Viper.
Only problem is i only have a 6 channel Spektrum dx6 wheres the Viper needs
the 7th channel for safe/ax3s option. But found a video on Horizon.com who shows
you can use the flap switch instead. Anyone tried that option? And whitch lipos would
be a good choice. 3200 4S or 4000 4S Turnigy or other good brands?
to remove ads between posts
Nov 05, 2019, 07:38 PM
I run 3300 Batts. If course it's 6s not 4s, so don't get the wrong batteries.
IMHO, safe is not needed in this jet, but if you really want it then yes, set it up on another switch. Either full flaps, it I would recommend gear switch. Reason is you probably won't need full flaps for most landings, turning them on my flight in a panic couple cause a balloon at higher speeds too.
It's a great jet with minor issues. Ground turning radius sucks, but easily corrected with moving horn locations.
Turning in safe will take a country mile, seriously, travel too limited. And lastly, increase control throws on Everything.... I've got about a hundred flights on mine now, love the jet
Nov 06, 2019, 11:31 AM
Thread OP
Okay. I was also looking at the Arrows Marlin edf jet. Seems also like a good beginner from the reviews. But the Viper look so much more scale'ish Thank's for your help.
Nov 15, 2019, 10:20 PM
I have both the Viper and Marlin. The Viper would be a better choice for a beginner EDF. It's more stable. The Marlin, while a good plane as well, is a little light. I find a breeze can move it around a bit and it's so light, it just doesn't want to land. It'll float forever on the recommended 4S-2200. It's a very good EDF for the price but I'm hearing the nose gear is a little weak. I haven't had an issue but see it quite a bit on the forums. Its a fun little plane.

For me, the Viper handles the wind better ( it does weight more, not a bunch, but more) and settles into a great decent when landing. You can just about walk in it. I fly mine on 6S -3300 up to 5000 without having to cut any foam. The 3300 is about the right weight but it will still handle my 4500 & 5000 batteries without issue. It's very easy to fly with or without SAFE. It's a regular flyer for me and it never fails to get people's attention when I can go down the runway at a decent clip one pass then creep it by on the next. People are amazed at how stable it is. I've been very happy with mine and keep saying if/when I crash it, I'll have to get another.
Nov 19, 2019, 02:38 PM
Thread OP
Hi. Very good info. Was close to get the Marlin but a friend and me are taking a trip to Horizon Hobby in Germany and will get some planes down there. I'm having the Viper and don't know what my friend has decided yet. I wan't some 4000mah 6S and are waiting fore stock back on EU
at Hobbyking: https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-...html?wrh_pdp=7

Also had my eye on these from Motionrc but they are expensive ones: https://www.motionrc.eu/collections/...-ec5-connector

Quick Reply