Nov 05, 2019, 08:57 AM
Thread OP
Help!

Rex 12 Assist power consumption

I an having trouble with power consumption . I am using 2000 to 2400 MAh per flight. I feel something is wrong for this much power consumption.

My model is a 35% EF Laser with Savox SB 2290 servos all around, I use an ultra IBec for the DA 120 ignition. Servos are new. I use a DSM switch and two 3600 MAH Lipo batteries (2s). I do not fly aggressively but do fly slow 3D and basic aerobatics.

This is my second model using the Rex 12 assist, as I have a 30 % EF Edge with MKS 777 servos and my power consumption is 600-800 Mah per flight. I use the same batteries, DSM switch, and Ultra Ibec.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

PS - Flight time is 10 minutes
to remove ads between posts
Nov 05, 2019, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybird13
I an having trouble with power consumption . I am using 2000 to 2400 MAh per flight. I feel something is wrong for this much power consumption.

My model is a 35% EF Laser with Savox SB 2290 servos all around, I use an ultra IBec for the DA 120 ignition. Servos are new. I use a DSM switch and two 3600 MAH Lipo batteries (2s). I do not fly aggressively but do fly slow 3D and basic aerobatics.

This is my second model using the Rex 12 assist, as I have a 30 % EF Edge with MKS 777 servos and my power consumption is 600-800 Mah per flight. I use the same batteries, DSM switch, and Ultra Ibec.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

PS - Flight time is 10 minutes
I would typically expect a well setup 35% gas aerobatics plane to draw ~400 - 500mah per flight, more if pushed hard which you say you don't do. I assume this airplane has 2 Aileron servos per wing. Depending on how well you balanced the servos are at multiple points throughout their travel this could cause excessive current draw. Ailerons that aren't well balanced throughout their entire travel will use a lot of extra current since the Assist is constantly tweaking the controls to keep the aircraft flying straight and level. Airplanes with stabilizers installed always draw more current that the same plane would draw without it. To tell how much extra the Assist causes the airplane to use, setup the Assist OFF channel and fly for the day with the Assist turned off and see how much that exact setup draws per flight, then you'll know the differnce the Assist makes but a couple hundred extra milliamps per flight doesn't sound like anything to be worried about to me..

Wayne

Quick Reply