Nov 11, 2019, 11:25 PM
BTW, I just saw that Albert Kim's video is up:

BetaFPV Meteor65 1S Brushless Whoop BNF 🏁 (12 min 54 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Nov 11, 2019, 11:39 PM
Are we not men? We are DEVO!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Temporal Flux

And, why are they still using those terrible canopies that crack if you just breathe on them?
agreed!
Ive been meaning to make a vacuformer. if you use the right gauge plastic they can be very light and resilient.

with those silly high KV mots it will be interesting to see what happens with a little throttle limiting.

Edit: Hmm. Kims footy is very uncompelling. looks like the motors and props need some tweaking. But i still think the batt connectors have lots of promise in the long run.
be great to see those YT guys that test each RC connectors amperage load's till they melt.
Last edited by xanuser; Nov 11, 2019 at 11:44 PM.
Nov 12, 2019, 03:09 PM
FPV Ground Pounder
Ordered some of the BT2.0 connectors to try out. Prepared a 260 mAh stick battery to test them. Figured I can make an adapter to I can also use the normal stick batteries too.
Nov 13, 2019, 10:18 AM
FPV Ground Pounder
Deleted
Nov 15, 2019, 03:00 PM
For those who haven't already seen it, here is Nick Burns' review and, a follow-up video with a recommendation to use DShot300.

Meteor65 // Rippin' Season // Whoopin' Season 🎅🏼 (12 min 43 sec)

Meteor65 // Update // Use Dshot300 (5 min 43 sec)
Nov 15, 2019, 04:16 PM
with a cracked canopy. betafpv really needs better canopies. thing screams, though.
Nov 16, 2019, 01:58 PM
Enjoying every minute of it...
BETAFPV Meteor65 Frsky 1S Brushless Whoop Drone with F4 1S Brushless FC V2.1 BT2.0 Connector M01 AIO Camera 25mW VTX 22000KV 0802 Motor - $110.99 & FREE Shipping - 19 left in stock
https://www.amazon.com/BETAFPV-Meteo.../dp/B081C6PTSK

hmmm...
Nov 16, 2019, 02:23 PM
FPV Ground Pounder
Quote:
Originally Posted by grnd flyr
BETAFPV Meteor65 Frsky 1S Brushless Whoop Drone with F4 1S Brushless FC V2.1 BT2.0 Connector M01 AIO Camera 25mW VTX 22000KV 0802 Motor - $110.99 & FREE Shipping - 19 left in stock
https://www.amazon.com/BETAFPV-Meteo.../dp/B081C6PTSK

hmmm...
I'm leaning towards the Mobula6 not having good experiences with Betafpv FC's that I have, not saying Crazybee is any better but the Mobula6 is $30 cheaper, which makes it a little less painful if a bad experience is had
Nov 16, 2019, 03:19 PM
Just an earth-bound misfit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps50
I'm leaning towards the Mobula6 not having good experiences with Betafpv FC's that I have, not saying Crazybee is any better but the Mobula6 is $30 cheaper, which makes it a little less painful if a bad experience is had
Second that . . . I have 1 of 5 Beta boards that are working. Crazybees are 6 good, 5 not. Neither one is going to get a stellar recommendation . . .

Mobula is 3 grams lighter too. I sure don't see the Beta being $30 better than the Mobula either, and I already have a bunch of batteries that will work in the Mobula. If that new connector is suppose to be so great, why is Nick just getting ridiculously short 2 minute flights . . . the graph in their "ad" shows supposedly double the flight times over a solid pin PH2. They do show it using their own batteries, which are garbage too . . . oh, wait . . . nobody else's batteries will work on it either . . . Got an 8 pack of 300 HV Betas, not even close to a year old. Three are krap, one is barely OK, and four are normal. I charge them at .1 so a mild easy slow charge too. URUAV 300 HVs are even worse, Four of five had the wire/s come loose from the battery itself, and I am careful plugging in and especially out with all my batteries. Was only able to solder two back together, and won't buy them again either.
Nov 16, 2019, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_OH
If that new connector is suppose to be so great, why is Nick just getting ridiculously short 2 minute flights . . . the graph in their "ad" shows supposedly double the flight times over a solid pin PH2.
Because of the high-Kv motors. Also... have you seen how Nick flies?

Better connectors give you less voltage sag due to less resistance. Therefore, you will have more current available to feed the motors. If you take advantage of that extra (available) power, and why wouldn't you (?), your flight times will still suffer.

The graph they show is for a 9A continuous current, in a bench test. That is not the condition that occurs in a real world flight. A real flight is a lot more dynamic.
Last edited by Temporal Flux; Nov 16, 2019 at 03:45 PM.
Nov 16, 2019, 04:25 PM
Enjoying every minute of it...
So who wants to start a "5 minute whoop" thread?...

Think that's my goal here with an inside whoop. Seems there are a couple parts combinations that'll work well while keeping the weight down reasonably. Shutterbug85 looks pretty efficient and prolly too fast for inside, but good combination of parts. The other, using 0802 19,000kv motors on a betafpv beta65 frame...

...never did the whoop thing before...
Nov 16, 2019, 07:02 PM
Just an earth-bound misfit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Temporal Flux
Because of the high-Kv motors. Also... have you seen how Nick flies?

Better connectors give you less voltage sag due to less resistance. Therefore, you will have more current available to feed the motors. If you take advantage of that extra (available) power, and why wouldn't you (?), your flight times will still suffer.

The graph they show is for a 9A continuous current, in a bench test. That is not the condition that occurs in a real world flight. A real flight is a lot more dynamic.
Nick can fly??

₿ↄ}

Thank you. That's what I thought when I first saw that graph. I couldn't see the 802 motors pulling 9 amps for two solid minutes any time in their lives, and especially running those tiny 31mm props and on just a 1S battery. I get the lower resistance thing, but there's still only so much you can get from a 1S battery. The boards can only handle 6a in a burst and have been rated at 5a since the Mobula & the 1S Beta came out. The Crazybee 2.0 & 2.1 both can handle 3S batteries are only 5a boards.

I have a set of 25000kv 802s on the way I'm going to try on my 65, and am wondering how much air time I'm going to lose. If it's too much, I'll try a set of the 19s or 22s, and try the 25s on my one Primo frame. The stock Mobula 16kvs seem really underpowered on the 65 on 1S with those tiny props. It definitely needs more revs than that. The 65 rips along on 2S, and solid 5 minute flights on the 300s doubled up. I was looking for a lightweight and 1S, and it doesn't really need all the extra power from the 2S, but another 10 or 20k rpm should do it nicely

Quote:
Originally Posted by grnd flyr
So who wants to start a "5 minute whoop" thread?...

Think that's my goal here with an inside whoop. Seems there are a couple parts combinations that'll work well while keeping the weight down reasonably. Shutterbug85 looks pretty efficient and prolly too fast for inside, but good combination of parts. The other, using 0802 19,000kv motors on a betafpv beta65 frame...

...never did the whoop thing before...
Get a Mobula 7, and just run it on 1S through the house. I got mine a little over a year ago, and was getting, and still am getting 5 to almost 6 minute flights doing my usual cruising, occasional zipping through the house, table and chair diving on 450 to 550 1S batteries, and still has more than enough power to get me in trouble by just bumping the throttle a bit too much. That thing has gotten excellent flight times from right outta the box, and why I have two more Whoops and one of my Primo's running them too. It's not a 65, and 65s were born to run in the house, but the 75 Mobula is even easy for me to fly through the house without any difficulty, and I'm sure would be even easier for you.

The HM 802 motors bolt right in on the 65 BWoop frame, which is what I was using on mine. Xinte has a bunch of the 802s in the different flavors for about $20 shipped.
Last edited by Brian_OH; Nov 16, 2019 at 07:28 PM.
Nov 16, 2019, 07:59 PM
Don't forget that the amp ratings for the boards are per ESC.
Nov 16, 2019, 08:53 PM
FPV Ground Pounder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_OH
Nick can fly??

₿ↄ}

Thank you. That's what I thought when I first saw that graph. I couldn't see the 802 motors pulling 9 amps for two solid minutes any time in their lives, and especially running those tiny 31mm props and on just a 1S battery. I get the lower resistance thing, but there's still only so much you can get from a 1S battery. The boards can only handle 6a in a burst and have been rated at 5a since the Mobula & the 1S Beta came out. The Crazybee 2.0 & 2.1 both can handle 3S batteries are only 5a boards.

I have a set of 25000kv 802s on the way I'm going to try on my 65, and am wondering how much air time I'm going to lose. If it's too much, I'll try a set of the 19s or 22s, and try the 25s on my one Primo frame. The stock Mobula 16kvs seem really underpowered on the 65 on 1S with those tiny props. It definitely needs more revs than that. The 65 rips along on 2S, and solid 5 minute flights on the 300s doubled up. I was looking for a lightweight and 1S, and it doesn't really need all the extra power from the 2S, but another 10 or 20k rpm should do it nicely

Get a Mobula 7, and just run it on 1S through the house. I got mine a little over a year ago, and was getting, and still am getting 5 to almost 6 minute flights doing my usual cruising, occasional zipping through the house, table and chair diving on 450 to 550 1S batteries, and still has more than enough power to get me in trouble by just bumping the throttle a bit too much. That thing has gotten excellent flight times from right outta the box, and why I have two more Whoops and one of my Primo's running them too. It's not a 65, and 65s were born to run in the house, but the 75 Mobula is even easy for me to fly through the house without any difficulty, and I'm sure would be even easier for you.

The HM 802 motors bolt right in on the 65 BWoop frame, which is what I was using on mine. Xinte has a bunch of the 802s in the different flavors for about $20 shipped.
Have you thought about putting the Mobula7 on a 65mm frame? If your search YT for Mobula6 you'll see a lot of conversions. Just today but I for get where off hand I saw the basic Mobula7 for $74.99. That could be a better option that buying the new Mobula6 with the total AIO board. I would think the Mobula7 conversion would be a light as the new Mobula6 but I would think it would fly just fine plus you'd have the option for 2s if you wanted to take it outside. Now I wish I knew where I saw the 7 for that price.

Quote:
grnd flyr So who wants to start a "5 minute whoop" thread?...
Sounds like it could be an interesting thread, I've never gotten 5 minutes with any of mine wsa close with the Tinyhawk S when it was new at about 4:45 crusing around which is what I do inside because of room limitations
Nov 16, 2019, 09:24 PM
(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps50
I bought one (the Meteor65) on Amazon so I figured if it's going to die, it'll die quickly and I'll just return it in the 30 day window with no loss to me.

I've had okay luck with the beta85 pro 2 thus far.

Quick Reply