Nov 05, 2019, 03:06 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Looking for EU1-A plans

Inspired from Deception thread, after having tried many times on FB and RC Groups too without success, I'll try once again.
I need a simple, yet quoted, 3-views drawing of the said plane, I'll draw it as a construction balsa plans that will be available on this and other forums.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 05, 2019, 07:21 AM
JOE MOCERI
I dont think there were any plans for the EU-1A only a manual that may have had a line drawing in it. There were plans for the EU1 that were published in a magazine years ago.

I have a new fuselage I could get you some pictures of and dimensions from if that helps any.

Joe
Nov 05, 2019, 07:37 AM
JOE MOCERI
Published April 1978 in Model Airplane News

Pictures found on the web. I think I have the EU1 article on my home computer

Joe
Nov 05, 2019, 07:49 AM
https://www.airagestore.com/plans/rc-planes/eu-1.html

Available from the airage store.
Latest blog entry: MAAC Wings
Nov 05, 2019, 11:07 AM
Thread OP
Gentlemen
I already have everything you mentioned, besides I'm looking for EU1-A
Nov 05, 2019, 12:39 PM
Unless someone has a new kit that they want to sit down and drawn up plans for, there isn't anything out there. The way the kits were, there was no need for plans
Nov 05, 2019, 07:06 PM
JOE MOCERI
fuselage
Nov 06, 2019, 03:31 AM
Thread OP
Just a few things I need to start.
Nov 06, 2019, 07:21 AM
JOE MOCERI
My morning your afternoon.

I will fill in the blanks when I get home later from work and also give you a top and front view to trace.
Joe
Nov 06, 2019, 11:44 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMDESIGNS
My morning your afternoon.

I will fill in the blanks when I get home later from work and also give you a top and front view to trace.
Joe
Very kind of you. If you think there are some dimensions missing feel free to point at them. Also, the airfoil kind or, at least his thickness .

Grazie
Ciao
Beppe
Nov 06, 2019, 04:42 PM
JOE MOCERI
I will get you the wing plan form and airfoils along with some profiles cross sections of the fuselage. I will give station numbers based off the same system of the front spinner being ground O .

Joe
Nov 06, 2019, 05:41 PM
I would suggest that you get a copy of the original EU-1 plans and then modify as needed with Joe's information. I suspect that the formers will be the same. The original had two wing options: 17% thickness and 15% thickness (if memory serves). The kit went with the thinner wing. You could build the thicker wing and provide more power like a Jett 90.
Nov 06, 2019, 07:20 PM
JOE MOCERI
The wing and stab airfoils are NACA63012a for the roots and tips. The DAT file is at http://airfoiltools.com/airfoil/deta...oil=n63012a-il That you can import into your cad program or I can send you the DFX file if you need it. Here is a picture I use for the wing.

I need to find my contour gauge to get you some former info.

Joe

Quick Reply